BCBS health insurance renewals

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

While we're in the habit of digging up old tired threads, I thought I would revisit this one for some HONEST data about health insurance rate increases. I just got off the phone with BCBS and they plan on sending letter next week. *fingers crossed*

Everyone, please show some restraint and keep the rest of this thread to comparative data regarding insurance rates.

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

5. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Of course not! They are trying to hide any information before the upcoming elections.

Move along now as Wayne cant be held accountable for any bad information. It is the liberal way!

6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Yes, the information is how the changes compare to prior years. The "comparitive data" aspect.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

As I said, letters out next week. BCBS already released new rates, as Bosox stated. Hardly a political ploy.

Feel free to keep to the original request and try not to make anything political out of it. Restrain your urge to be f'ing crazy-town for just this once, please.

10. PRM2

PRM2 Active Member

These are the projected rates until the hard fast rates come out at sign up time in a few weeks:

Average Rate Increases:
    ACA Plans 13.5%
    Grandfathered Plans 13.4%
    Transitional Plans 19.2%

Average Increase by Line:
    Blue Advantage 15.2%
    Blue Select 17%
    Blue Value 7.1%

11. Sherry A.

Hey Mafiaman,

Do the ACA plans include all insurance providers through that site?

Sherry

12. PRM2

PRM2 Active Member

This was not on a site. Straight from BCBS.

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Why don't you clean up your soiled mouth DB you're not in the pit and Webbie should come down on you for your ignorance.

14. Sherry A.

Thank you darling.

Sherry

15. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Oh look guess you do not realize that these are projections?

Now why would they being hiding the real effects of Obamacare?

The wise squirrel highlighted it after me... I wanted to make sure you saw that.
    Believe it or not Harvey actually moved up in my favorite list due to no other reason then the Republic Wireless choice we both have made. Just shows that there can be common ground we can strive for.

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Maybe so whacko preppers have something else to fear?

My apologies to everyone else here. Try as I might it just can't be about data, can it? Perhaps I posted a bit early. We'll see in a week or two, for better or worse.

17. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

You posted the same data PRM2 did the best I can tell. Hey, it is what it is.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  18. Sherry A.

Just let the other comments go and still post data. I am interested in this and I am sure others are as well. We need to have public information posted without all the other stuff.

Thanks,
    Sherry

19. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Got my letter. Not good news, but not terrible either.

BCBS Blue Advantage grandfathered plan (since 2009).

Spouse and daughter only ones covered (I am separate plan via employer).

Went up by about 12%.

I am in the process now of seeing if BCBS ACA plans offer better, or comparable coverage for cheaper and will then head over to healthcare.gov The BCBS site makes me mad because it seems difficult to find a way to simply compare what I have now to what else is out there. Maybe PRM can enlighten the group on how best to do this?

*Update* I guess you can't actually shop for plans until November 15th. Frustrating to say the least. Is this correct?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  20. PRM2

PRM2 Active Member

True Harvey.