BCBS health insurance renewals

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Harvey, Sep 25, 2013.

1. lovetweetie

lovetweetie Active Member

Our employer does not offer health insurance so we have had to buy ours for the last 9 years for a family of 4. We got our notice and our premium has almost doubled!!! My dad received his and it doubled to now $1,400 a month for 2 people which he cannot afford. I really don't know what they expect people to do when employers are not giving adequate pay/raises and everything is going up in cost. How are people supposed to afford the new healthcare???

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering. I am just shocked.

Sherry

3. Sherry A.

Hum, wonder why your dad's doubled?

We all really needed this Thread and need to discuss this in more detail. It sure helps to talk about all of this and then maybe those who have some time can help others with research. It sure has opened my eyes up to what others are paying.

Sherry

P.S. Tar, that website has been fixed, I'm told. Hopefully it will go smoother and faster for people.

4. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Wow!!!! A picture ID required for Obamacare, but not to vote

Wonder what all those people will do that do not have an ID will do

5. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

I had a choice of about 16 different forms of ID, just picked the one that was the most accessible. Not being "identifiable" was disconcerting!

6. Tardevil

Sherry, This evening, I did see on the news that others were having an issue with the "identity verification" so I am hopeful, but the site is so user unfriendly that I do not relish having to jump back on it once I receive the email that I do exist!

7. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

I can imagine! Wonder why having an ID and being "identifiable" is needed. If you don't mind me asking were you enrolling in coverage or window shopping?

8. Tardevil

I was attempting to window shop, but could only do so by going through the enrollment process which took 2 hours and 50 minutes and is still not complete. Still waiting to be verified. Oddly enough, the multiple choice questions posed on the form which pertained to my identity were all options about my past - beyond creepy.

9. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

That's what happened to me yesterday. I was able to create a userID/pw (after 20 min of BS and it crashing) only to be told it couldn't verify my existence. It's like I'm Andy Duphresne from Shawshank.

The whole thing needs to be delayed.

10. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

Why are you shocked? We have been telling you liberals that the only way this crackpot of a bill could work is to make those that have insurance pay more in order to subsidize those that haven't.

What math wiz thought you could add more people to the pot.... with pre-existing conditions and an option to pay a $95 fine......and have premiums go down? It's downright laughable to think so called intelligent Americans could get on board with such an idiotic proposal.

It's amazing how the government wants competition within its own exchange but does everything in its power to kill competition within the free market. I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering we have a Marxist for a President.

11. Sherry A.

I haven't tried yet. Will try later this week to see what happens. I'm so sorry that people are going thru all of this. Will report in after I try too.

Sherry

12. Sherry A.

I'm not getting into a political discussion with you on this Forum. I'm also shocked you would pay that amount.

Sherry

13. Sherry A.

I didn't realize the site had been live for 2 months. Maybe it has been that way for agents and such? Is that what you are talking about, P.? You telling us that as an agent you haven't been able to talk to a live person about this site and stuff? I really would like to know.

Sherry

14. Tardevil

Thank you for the Shawshank reference - you did just put a positive spin on an otherwise ridiculous experience!

The red box of doom that cautioned me that I don't exist made me want to pinch someone's head off!

15. Tardevil

Please do, as will I.

16. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

No, a truthful post. That is the reason the insurance companies refused coverage for individuals and for conditions they deemed "pre-existing" because the people excluded would actually have to use the insurance and there is no profit in that.

17. Sherry A.

Thanks, P. I know it is not political or partisan when it comes to this discussion over here, I'm not being either. I just hate hearing this. I will certainly try my hand on the site later this week when I get a chance and will let everyone here know my experience. Wow and boy oh boy. Will wait to see what happens.

Sherry

18. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

They do not know if they have added a sufficient buffer, but they always have added a buffer to their calculations in order to have the profits they show every year.

19. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

To be fair, I don't look at the board....I just hit the "new posts" feature above and roll on.

Why are you shocked? What choice do I have?

20. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

How dare they make a profit....how are they suppose to do business? Out of the goodness of their hearts?

If people only bought insurance when they needed it, insurance companies wouldn't be around very long.

I get people get declined/dropped between jobs. That isn't right either.