best phone or blackberry to buy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Now you need the Preparation H App!

2. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I love my droid 2. I never wanted a smart phone but they were BOGO when my husband upgraded and now I am hooked. It does everything. As a side note regradign the Iphone. I recently won an IPAD. I know it is different from the Iphone but still an apple product so very similar. I use my droid much more. I would not pay $50 for the IPAD and if that is what I would be getting with an iphone I would definately pass.

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

big deal, obama buy it for you?

4. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

i love my iphone

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Hum...did you just say I am an arsehole. Tee hee

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:jester:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I shattered the screen on my HTC Hero today. Place at the mall wanted $69.99 to fix it..........I think not.

Of course with Sprint they want you to buy a new phone and be stuck in a contract for another 2 years. I think not.

So...............new screen coming from ebay and a youtube video on replacing it and I think I am good. It's still working, I just have the screen held together with packing tape til my new one gets here.

I can't believe the touch screen part is still working despite bad cracks all over and tape. :jester:

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Someone dropped their phone when jumping out of a plane a week or two ago and the thing survived (screen cracked, but it still worked).

As much as I see folks dropping these things I think the Quality Assurance Departments are working!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know! I have dropped this phone at least 10 times before and this is the first time I hurt it. :lol:

10. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Wow, I completely disgree. I have both a droid and an iPad. For applications other than phone, I use the iPad much more. At this point, I would be sad if I lost/broke my iPad. Which one you like more must depend on how you use the devices and what applications you use. We probably have very different uses!

11. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

My husband and I recently went with the Samsung T528G with StraightTalk. It has a lot of great features for a super price and NO CONTRACT! They also have a couple Smart Phones.

http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdirect/straighttalk/PhoneDetails.do?action=view&productVariantExtensionId=11286136

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I ended up getting an EVO 4G yesterday. It was "free" at RadioShack with renewing my contract of course. (yes, I know the phone is not actually free) I have to say, it was a pleasant experience at the Clayton store. I usually detest that sort of transaction but this one was pretty painless and the sales people were refreshingly helpful. :cheers:

Now...........anybody looking for an HTC Hero? The new screen is on it's way. Nice little smart phone. :jester:

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

We are finally switching out all of our remaining BB's in favor of HTC EVO's

Basically got tired of maintaining the BB server and software support contract. Don't have to do that with the evo's

14. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Will be upgrading to -something- this fall ... so am glad y'all are reporting in your likes/dislikes!! Thanks! :)

15. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I bought the HTC Evo Shift in April and I LOVE it! It is my first smartphone and I am not sure how I survived without one.