Beware of Jiffy Lube

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Aug 24, 2006.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I've never been a fan of that place, but I know now I won't even let them do an oil change :twisted:

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

damn... 5 out of 9 sold work they never performed... add that to what we heard a few weeks ago about the one on 70 in Clayton... tsk tsk tsk...

They got "got", big time!

:?

4. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Stay away from that oil change place over by Food Lion, too!

They listed the wrong year for my car on the receipt, but luckily that year took the same filter. Also told me they did a grease job, which they didn't.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i agree on that one - who do most of you prefer for your oil changes. i have a Volks and a lot of the quick places do not carry the oil filter needed.

6. le

le Well-Known Member

Is this Lane's? I was planning to get an inspection there today.

7. Southernborn

We usually use BJ's, but now that Just Tires has started doing them, we just let them do it while we are getting our tires rotated.

8. Oy Yayoy

Yes, it was Lane's.

I do my own. That way, I know it'll be right.

I avoid Just Tires like the plague. Sent my wife out the front door without tightening her lug nuts. Then the tires they sold us had broken belts, as did the warranty replacements and their replacements. Finally changed to a different brand under warranty after I nearly had to make a scene in front of the customers because they tried to blame the car.

I like Merchant's Tire on 70, next to Pep Thieves. Good alignments, good tires, competitive prices.

9. Ash107

Ash107 Well-Known Member

Can someone fill me in on the Jiffy Lube on 70 in Clayton. I must of missed something. thanks

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i won't go to Just Tire's anymore either. Took son's car up there for new tires - had an appointment. It took 4 hours to do the tires, when i questioned it, the Mgr went back and found the guys just hanging around talking twice :shock: Son drove the car to the beach - front started making bad noises, thought the boots were probably busted but came to find out they had not tightened the lug nuts on one side of the car :shock: We still need to get it checked out, who knows what type of damage was done driving it like that. Oh yeah, also at the time of getting tires, i was also scheduled for a front end alignment but after waiting 4 hours just for tires, i said forget it - cannot wait any longer - the Mgr offered to "let" me bring it back the next week and get an alignment at half price :lol:

11. MrsME

MrsME Member

I take my van to Jiffy Lube all the time and have frequented the one 70 in Clayton a few times and the one in Garner a couple of times. I have never had any problems with either one of them. You can always stand there and watch what is being done to your vehicle if you don't trust a mechanic. I would also like to add that it's not just Jiffy Lubes that do this. I have seen reports on Dateline about other places where they have gone in with hidden cameras.

12. le

le Well-Known Member

I know you boys do not perform your own inspections. Come on, where do I go for that?

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

DH had a center cap come flying off the work van a while back. Some girl at walmart did it. :roll:

14. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I have had my car inspected at Lane's for the last couple years. Didn't have to wait long, either.

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

TR Lee's on Main street Clayton. Been going there for years and very rarely have to wait for them to get the inspection done.

And let's face it. Doesn't matter where you go it's all gonna cost the same.

Craig

16. le

le Well-Known Member

Just ran across $5 off coupon for inspection at CarFix. Will try to report back after...

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I went to Car Fix for the cheap oil change, and they came up with over $800 of work they said I needed. All new belts & hoses, transmission fluid change, radiator service, adjust the brakes, and more I don't even remember. Fortunately, my son is a mechanic, and he usually takes care of my car for me. I just thought for 15 bucks I'd let somebody else do the oil change and give him a break. But I don't believe they'll see me at carfix any more.

18. Southernborn

Yep that's where we go as well...

19. Oy Yayoy

I wound up pulling the brake caliper off and replacing the studs that the lug nuts attach to.

20. Oy Yayoy

PJ's