Beware of Jiffy Lube

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bunch of unnecessary work to me.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i miss Carolina Tire - at least Maria didn't try to push unnecessary work on you and i knew i could trust the work they did do.

3. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Evans Tire in Smithfield. I have been going there for several years and they have always been fair and informative.

934-6133

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I won't let anybody but PJ's put tires on my car or do any mechanical work. They are the best . . . very reasonably priced and honest folks.

5. le

le Well-Known Member

Lane's was empty when I went by so I popped in for the inspection. I barely had time to open my book before it was finito! Now if these darn yearly inspections would just become a thing of the past.

6. Oy Yayoy

I agree!

The only thing is that they don't have at PJ's is an alignment rack.

After my car was hit by a speeding woman who lost control on I-40, I needed to replace a bent strut. I did the struts myself (always do in pairs), and then had to take the car to be aligned. My tires were just about at the point of being replaced, so I wound up having Merchant's put new tires on along with the alignment.

I have bought tires at PJ's, and have had good luck with them. I find them to be very trustworthy, and they won't try to sell you something you don't need.

7. Oy Yayoy

Kaci,

I'd recommend that you have your son's car checked PRONTO in case those studs are damaged! They hold the wheel on the car!!!

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I go to Cleveland Auto Repair (right turn before CVS coming from Wells)
    Nice people. They have only done my inspections and oil changes tho.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm using KW's on ONeil St in Clayton right now, they fixed the power steering pump last week, now my radiator has to be replaced. Like I said before, I can't complain too much, I've never had to do anything but routine maintenance before, but when it rains it pours (kinda like all the antifreeze out of my car! :shock: ) :lol:

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Where is PJ's? Sounds like a good place to go.

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

It's on Hwy. 210 about 3 miles from Hwy. 50 going towards Smithfield

12. Oy Yayoy

Close to the corner of 210 and Raleigh Road.

13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Another Vote for PJ's

Mike & Debbie are the owners.

# 934-7568

No, I am not part of their family or anything.

14. neighborLEE

neighborLEE Well-Known Member

cars...Cars...CARS...!

I use to go to the Jiffy Lube on the left going into Raleigh on 401/70, once up there I saw a worker drive a customers car right into the open oil change pit. BAM..!

Three times in a row that place put 6 quarts of oil in my mustang that only takes 5. They did this twice even after I told them to only put 5 quarts in. They kept trying to convince me that they were right instead of just draining the oil out. I've gone back to changing my own oil and carry used oil to Advance Auto for recycling.

The absolute best place to buy tires is at www.tirerack.com
    I've been buying from them for years. Great selection, service and delivery. I just have them delivered then take them somewhere to have mounted/balanced.

Once I bought a set of 4 and they just didn't ride right, they sent me 4 more no questions asked plus they sent me a check for the money I spent mounting and balancing them and they sent a pre-paid voucher for UPS to pick-up the first set and send back. They never spoke one word trying to convince me that they were not the problem.

Can't rave about www.tirerack.com enough.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We've used Tirerack.com before too, saved tons of money, need to have some Z rated tires for one of the cars we no longer have, they had an awesome price. Will probably look into them again for my next set for my van.

16. Oy Yayoy

I like their online reviews section, where you can read the feedback from people who've bought the tires you're considering.

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Same here!

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks OY - am doing just that - not letting him drive it till it is checked out.

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

BTW, taking to to PJ's tomorrow :D

20. C_Troy

C_Troy Well-Known Member

Do any of these places change muffler belts and top off headlight fluid?

My mechanic said that not keeping an eye on these things could lead to premature wear on the windshield.

Very costly services but worth every penny in the long run.

........I was kinda suspicious that he might be pulling my leg but the used car salesman backed him up so I'm sure they were telling the truth.

:D :D :D