Big Development Proposed for I95 & US 70 area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by barney726, Jul 31, 2019.

1. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

https://www-wral-com.cdn.ampproject...qnBPCSsnxdxwEaVOZVxlYOr4atytpKhBw_NFwTAjm0oBM

Selma, N.C. — A multimillion-dollar project is in the works for an area in Johnston County that could bring a $300 million live-work-play development called Eastfield Crossing to the intersection of Interstate 95 and U.S. Highway 70 in Selma.

Renderings of the massive project from AdVenture Development, a company based in Selma, show the scale of the project, which includes bringing 3,000 jobs to a project that will include businesses that span medical, industrial and manufacturing.

Chris Johnson, Johnston County's Economic Development director, says this development recognizes the growth the county is experiencing across those sectors.

Developers have proposed a massive project that includes a business park, hotels and single-family homes. They hope to transform the epicenter of I-95 into a new destination for Johnston County

The developers involved in the project were behind a similar, but smaller-scale project just outside of Pittsburgh.

Plans for the project include a food hall similar to the Morgan Street Food Hall in Raleigh and an area for people to enjoy biking and jogging.

Auxie likes this.
  2. somethingNother

somethingNother Active Member

Sounds like a Brier Creek for JoCo

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

any better maps, that looks blurry on my computer. cant see the roads

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

5. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

https://adventuredev.com/eastfield-crossing

Eastfield Crossing
    AdVenture Development is excited to share our latest project with you, Eastfield Crossing. Eastfield Crossing is conveniently located on I-95 at exits 97 and 98 (Selma) in the Raleigh, NC metro area. Highway 70, the future Interstate 42, also provides easy access to the development.

Eastfield Crossing is a 2.8 million sq. ft. master planned, mixed-use development comprised of a business park, retail, medical, professional space, hospitality, entertainment, senior living as well as single- and multi-family residences situated on 400 +/- acres of land. The Eastfield Crossing development will create a unique and pleasant environment serving the Triangle East region of Raleigh. Reported by the Johnston County Economic Development Board, Johnston County is the fastest growing county in NC, with over 205,000 current residents and is growing at a pace of 10,000 residents per year.

Construction is scheduled to begin in 2019.