Big Steve's Bagels

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sarahmama, Aug 28, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Don't we all!!! :lol:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Geez, i had forgotten about that - didn't she come back on the next day and try to tell us she was there and saw us all :lol:

3. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Yes, but something like she wasn't driving the escalade..she was driving something else....dumb ars!

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

yep sb, I believe it was a charger.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Talk about hijacking a thread - lmao :lol:

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I thought it was a Durango.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Where's Cleo, that girl has a memory that is unreal :D

8. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

I thought it was a Dodge Neon?

I don't really know, I wasn't around then I just wanted to add my sensless banter to this thread lol

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Yes you were i think, that happened since i joined :D

10. Firemanwife

Firemanwife Well-Known Member

Just tried a breakfast sandwich today after I brought my son to school and OH MY GOD!!!! It was GREAT! I got my youngest son a chocolate chip muffin and he seemed to enjoy that too. Not to mention a cup of coffee that made my morning! And it really is not expensive at all! Will definately be a regular customer!

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Not to hijack the thread back to it's original topic :? but... Big Steve was in there this am! What a great guy!

12. Firemanwife

Firemanwife Well-Known Member

I think he might have been the one that was running to food lion when I was in there.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That must have been before I stopped in. There was one lady in there. I hate to ask people, "Hey are you on 4042"?

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

It was Charger, I've got the Durango! 8)

15. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Whew, at least I know my Alzheimer's hasn't completely kicked in yet.

16. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I went to check out Big Steve's this morning around 9:15 -

After all of that waiting, wondering and drive-by's - sort of stalking the place for months and then chomping at the bit when I saw that they were more or less all set up inside and the front window had the promise of opening soon printed - just taunting me for what seemed like forever, I worried that I might be in for a let down. . .NOT!

It was GREAT!

No, better than great, it was SUPURB!

Big Steve himself was there, very nice guy. I believe his wife was the one who dressed my "everything bagel" with scallion cream cheese - and the amount was not to much, but not too little. I felt just like Goldilocks finding it JUST RIGHT :D

I took it and my coffee to go as I had one more job to do. Yummy, yummy, yummy. I'm hooked!

Since I introduced myself (shy me- lol) and sort of gave the proprietors fair warning that I have a dirty job and that sometimes I may blow in there looking like the wreck of the Hesperus :shock: - I'll likely be there a good three or four mornings a week.

The price...forget the exact amount, but I'm pretty sure it was under $3.50 - it beat the tar out of Mickey D's and that stuff Wendys is peddleing as 'breakfast' :? isn't fit to be eaten!

So, Big Steve's gets a TWO THUMBS UP from me :D

17. MissyPrissy

Does anyone happen to know how they cook their bagels? Boiled or baked? or both?

18. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Miss Prissy, they water proof their bagels (boil) then bake...just how real bagles are supposed to be made :D

Boiling alone would not give you a bagel - it would give you a really tough dumpling :(

Baking (with heat proof or air proof - rather than water) gives you basically a roll with a hole :wink:

19. MissyPrissy

YES! Just like up north then! I'm so happy to hear that! Can't wait to try some GOOD bagels! Thanks Zoo!

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I used to go to a Brueggers near Boston where you could watch them put them in the big vat to be boiled and then taking them out, dressing them with sesame seeds, salt, or whatever they were destined to be and then in the big ovens to bake them... yummmmmm.. do the Brueggers around here do it the traditional way too?