Burger King

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Apr 14, 2009.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

2. PBJtime

PBJtime Guest

I LIKED IT!!! It's alot better than that fake red headed clown shoving fake meat burgers down the kids throats.. With some overweight guy called Grimace (how condescending) and a guy that steals (the Hamburgerler) .

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Sorry, but having some dude measure a womans assets during a commmercial for a kids meal is just over the top for me. I'm no prude, but it's just inappropriate for little kids, at least my little kid. He hasn't actually seen the commercial, because others are correct, it's run later at night. It's the principal. There was a perfectly acceptable ad for the same product on this morning that showed kids, the food and Spong Bob. Keep it simple.

4. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Do you allow your child to watch Spongebob (the TV show)? How do you feel about the episode dedicated to Spongebob intentionally ripping his pants (and exposing himself) to get attention? How do you feel about the episode where Spongebob becomes a nudist?

I'm not saying the commercial is appropriate, but it's no less appropriate than some of the episodes of the cartoon.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I think its funny.

BUT I dont have kids.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We aren't discussing the Spongbob cartoon, we are discussing Burger King. 8)

7. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

Has anyone see the Racist McDonald's commercial on Youtube? I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link because of offensive language.:p

8. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I think they are related. Nobody got upset over inappropriate Spongebob episodes and they are more readily available to kids than this commercial. I think either way it's no good, but the cartoon pushes the envelope sometimes and that could very well be why BK thought they could get away with this.

9. seabee

seabee Guest

post it.... who cares

10. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Granted, you may be correct. We don't watch a lot of Sponge Bob, perhaps I missed those episodes.

12. seabee

seabee Guest

Well I saw on jucy Hard Bob Pointy pants.... :jester::jester:

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

14. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I'm sorry, I thought we were discussing what's appropriate for children. I didn't know this was a Burger King bashing thread.

My apologies.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My apologies as well, I assumed you could read the title of the thread. Silly me. 8) :jester:

16. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

I thought the commercial was funny as heck and couldn't wait til both of my kids saw it. Granted my kids are older than 9 yo. So I see where kdc is coming from.
    Both of my kids thinks it's a little strange though that some guy (BK) is waking up next to people with a big smile on his face!

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

now I have to have a burger for lunch! Big fat bacon cheeseburger with extra pickles. mmmmmmm......

Just for you though, it wont be a BK! :mrgreen:

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Watched the hardee's commercial and think that is where I'm heading for lunch. That burger looks plain good.

Craig

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Especially when he is in bed with another guy to start with.

Craig

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

of course you are.....8):cheers::boxing: