Burger King

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Apr 14, 2009.

1. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

3. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Yep.

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Ok, now, the cow shake off is just plain hysterical! :lol::lol:

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:lol:

And who really wants to try and put their fist in their mouth? :confused:

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I think I saw the commercial the other night and didn't really think that much of it. It's a little over the top but with the dancers and all. The dancing isn't really isn't any more risque than you'd see from some cheerleader squads and its certainly no worse than the particular dance team that seems to find their way in the Christmas parade every year with a lot of...ahem...gyrating.

Sponge Bob programming isn't any worse than Looney Tunes and certainly doesn't even come close to the content of the Simpsons or a show like Family Guy. Before my son got interested in Sponge Bob, I never really got the fascination with the show, but I'll admit that I watch it and think its funny. They really don't go into any type of sexual content, religious bashing or bad imitative behavior except for some minor name callings, but again that was the norm with Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny decades ago and its widely accepted children's programming now.

7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

No doubt... I bet she made her daddy proud!

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

or boyfriend.

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

OK...I'll bite. I haven't read this whole thread, just the first few pages, and I didnt' click on the link. Nickelodeon and Disney is on all the time at my house though, and I know I have seen this commercial before lots of times, but can't remember what it is, something about a square butt? And I know I wasn't offended when I saw it. And now that I'm watching for it, it hasn't come on again!

I will say, however, that the cartoon itself doesn't offend me either. Every once in a while they'll say something like the word "stupid" which is a bad word in my house, but that's the worst of it. My kids know not to say that word, so that's that. Actually, my oldest has now moved on to older shows like Zach and Cody, and my 5 yo who watched Spongebob is such a rule follower that I don't have to worry, he wouldn't say a bad word if I paid him! Like someone else said, Looney Tunes and such is much worse, they blow people up, etc., and we all turned out fine (well, some of us!lol). We can pick apart TV shows, songs, games, all day long, no one and nothing is perfect. It all comes down to how we parent.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Nice! It just ran @ 8:28 PM on CBS. Geared towards adults my eye. In fact, my son informed me it was discussed at the lunch table today.

11. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I guess it just goes to show you, the old adage about it being different strokes for differnt folks. I find it completely inappropriate, as does DH. Apparently others do not. I guess that's what makes the world go round. I'm not going to waste my time complaining to BK after all. They obviously don't give a crap, so why should I? If folks think it's OK for their kids, bully for them. I'll just be the uncool mom. I'm used to it. 8)

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok finally watched the posted video and i guess i can see where parents of young kids may question it, it was hilarious to me, guess cause i don't have kids anymore and i am thinking most kids really would not pay a whole lot of attention to it except for the parts where SpongeBob pops in, don't mean to offend and i may would have had a different opinion if i had little ones.

14. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Well-Known Member

The Burger King "King" seriously just creeps me out!

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Kaci,

I am not "offended" by different points of view. Again, that's what makes the world go round. What works for one family simply doesn't for another. 8)

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I could never understand how adults could be freaked out by clowns, but I also have to admit this "King" just freaks me out.

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

He is creepy, but in a werid kind of funny creepy way. It's that stagnant face. At least clowns eyes move.

And I am complaining. :cool:

18. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Except mine.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You give yourself too much credit.

20. seabee

seabee Guest