Burger King

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Why not complain? If you feel that it's inappropriate, you should complain on principle. Like I said, its right on the fringe for me, too but my son is getting older ( nearly 8 YO) and I realize that his interests in TV programming is changing.

He still likes SpongeBob, but he's beginning to get "into" shows like Drake & Josh and ICarly, having developed his first TV crush on Miranda Cosgrove. However, he likes the edginess of Sam on the show and has been trying out words she drops regularly like "hobknocker", "nub" or "doughnut hole" which I strongly discourage. However, his friends at school watch the same shows and his independence when he's with his friends allow for such idle chatter away from adult's ears.

At this point, I realize that he ain't about to keep watching Playhouse Disney or Noggin forever and now my efforts are to monitor what he watches and curb disrespectful behavior imitated on shows that he does watch, while still locking out obvious inappropriate shows.

In my opinion, Burger King could have simply racheted down the dancing a bit. Obviously the commercials tout the kids meals and the video content was probably unnecessary to get the message across. It was a good commercial geared at the wrong target audience.

2. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

I still find it funny ( and sad) they use a song about heroin for a commercial about family cruise ships, lol!

Everyone has different taste, I guess.

3. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Not when it comes to people who follow blindly without evaluating the path first. Patronizing them will occasionally wake a person up when all other measures fail.

4. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Did u steal that from Dr Phil?? :jester:

5. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

If you want to contact them (as a consumer) you must call or use snail mail....

Give us the low down on your latest restaurant visit. Tell us about your experience. What could we do better? Help us help you HAVE IT YOUR WAY®.

Use our Restaurant Locator to contact your local BURGER KING® restaurant or contact our Corporate office:

Burger King Corporation
    5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
    Miami, Florida 33126

Corporate Headquarters - 305-378-3000
    Marketing/Advertising Information Requests - 305-378-7200
    Consumer Relations - 305-378-3535
    HAVE IT YOUR WAY® Cards Consumer Help Desk - 1-800-522-1278

If you are a consumer, please contact our Consumer Relations department at 305-378-3535. Our representatives are ready to assist you Monday - Friday from 9 am to 5 pm EST. Please note that consumer inquiries received via the BKC pressroom cannot be processed.

Due to the volume of inquiries we receive from students, we are unable to respond individually to each request. All public information is available in our annual report and SEC filings through our investor relations link.

Media Only Contacts
    Click below to review our Corporate policies

Marketing Ideas Policy
    BURGER KING® Toy Policy
    Regulatory Agency Cooperative Program

6. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  7. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

It also ran yesterday at around 4 PM.

My daughter was visiting at the time and said, "Dad, the "booty" means the treasure!!" And I said, "Yea, and I treasure your mothers booty but you don't see me advertising it do you?"

(No context just thought it was funny:confused:)

8. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Nope, that came from my P-brain. My A thru O brains were busy.

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Momof3, you can get onion rings at Cookout and they are battered. :)

Dan, I thought you were funny.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Hardee's has some really good beer battered onion rings. And they even put a couple of them on their western bacon burger.

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

That's part of what makes it a Western Bacon Cheese burger. Leave them off (or any other ingredient), and it's no longer the best (fast food) burger in the world.

12. CraigSPL

Prefer McK's version better, but then again it has crumbled bacon as well as bacon strips on it, as well asthe bbq sauce and fried onion rings..

But then again I'm a bacon fiend.

Craig

13. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

My younger son is such a bacon fiend he has a recipe for a bacon cookie with maple glaze. It is good but it is soooo rich.

I believe this is the one he uses:

Bacon Cookies with Maple Glaze

Ingredients for cookies:
    • 1 cup butter, softened
    • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
    • 2/3 cup white sugar
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 2 eggs
    • 2 1/2 cups flour
    • 1 tsp baking soda
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
    • 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
    • 2 cups bacon bits
    Ingredients for glaze:
    • 4 tsp butter
    • 4 tsp real maple syrup
    • 1 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Stir in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Stir in chips, nuts, and bacon. Using a small small disher, drop dough onto greased or non-stick cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wax paper laid over newspaper or kitchen towels.

While cookies cool, combine butter and maple syrup in a small heavy-bottomed sauce pan and whisk until butter has melted and liquids are well-combined. Whisk in confectioner’s sugar. Drizzle warm glaze over cooled cookies. Allow glaze to set completely before packaging.

Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.

14. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  15. CraigSPL

Try the ones at Hardee's and you will forget about the king

16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

The BK rings are enjoyable with the zesty sauce.

I'll say this about BK. Since a few years ago when complaints about McD's using sausage grease in their french fries caused a change in their recipe, they are NO WHERE near as good as they once were. IMO, BK has better fries and I appreciate their variety of offering the rings. Plus, their apple fries are better than McDs, too.

The problem I have with a lot of Burger Kings are that many of their restaurants have spotty service (read: slow with orders often wrong) and a sense of some restaurants not being as clean. I will give props though to two BKs that I know are very clean. The one in Goldsboro (Spence Ave.) and the BK in Wilson (Raleigh Rd.) always posts good santitation grades.

When it comes to fast-food, it is strictly my opinion that Hardee's has pulled itself up by the boot straps and overhauled their restaurants. Almost all of them seem clean, they give you more food and beverage for your money and the food is tasty!

17. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

I agree , this commercial is way to inapropriate for a Kids meal. Yes sponge Bob has a Square Butt. But they do not need some commercial with Females shaking their Rear ends for a Kids Meal. Burger King Sucks In My oppinion any way. But their commercials are even making me Sick now. Altho the one with the Mexican was Funny, But Mexico did not Appreciate good Humor. Hey Cook out is Better and Cheeper than any of the other Fast food networks. and Cook out don't make me Ill after I eat there.
    Hoof

18. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

So much for it only being on during hours/shows that are just for adults...it was on during The Amazing Race tonight. Yesterday afternoon it was on during a showing of Star Wars.

19. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Most of the toys they give kids ain't worth a plugged nickel anyway. Now when McDs or BK does Matchbox or Hot Wheels...they are worthwhile. They are usually rather generic cars, but they do get played with. The SpongeBob toys aren't even playable. They are just plastic figurines with stickers.

We stopped at Andy's Cheeseburgers the other day and I'll say that I liked what they gave for a kid's prize...a small portion of their frozen cus-My Friend. At least its something enjoyable.

And I will agree with Hoof-Hearted on Cook Out. Its fast, affordable, tasty and another thing I might add, apparently they are a Christian-minded business. They print John 3:16 on their cups.