C3 - are you listening?????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by peppercorns, Mar 21, 2007.

1. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Ok, So what does everyone think of that huge steel buuilding they are putting up on Cleveland Road? I am happy they have found the need to build such a tremendous building of glass and steel, but I wish it were some where else.
    Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.. but did they hold a public forum on what they were building and how it would impact the community and all that stuff? If they had, I sure would have shot it down had known about it. It doesn't fit into the landscape. Though it may be pretty, I just wish they had given the building a little more country charm and made it a little less like that glass cathedral. I am very sick of having my peace and quiet disrupted by all that machinery. Granted, most times I am at work and I would have had to deal with that with any construction.
    I also hope the building has better sound proofing then the old one. I am really tired of hearing the music all day Sunday and lest we forget Saturday night. It is rather loud and the sound carries. I know it will only be worse when the windows are open. Last year they didn't have as many services. It is not fun for those of us who live in the area. Trust me, not all the music sounds like the singing of angels, but more like a rock concert. The members of the church get to hear the music once a day - I get to hear it at least five times on Sunday. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE tell them this. OH, I have tried but my emails go unanswered.
    I also asked about the heavy equipment that is on site. Could they or someone run down the private dirt road that is near there and take out the bumps and lumps. THe elderly couple that owns all that land can't afford to have the road done and I thought since they have all this stuff there...they could help. THey talk a good story about giving back and caring about the community but they never have even seen their own neighbors who are struggling. They NEVER ANSWERED my emails about that either. Heck they could have given me the names of the companies doing the work or something.
    Quite honestly, it seems that the only thing those that run the church care about are themselves and their members. THey talk a good story about giving back and caring about the community but they never have even seen their own neighbors who are struggling. The heck with anyone else who is affected by them or that needs anything. Great attitude for a church. I guess because people go to another church they don't matter.
    Yes I know I am hot stuff to complain and then ask for something, but they have annoyed since they don't even answer the emails I have sent them. But I bet if I told them I was putting them in my will, they'd be writing back fast. So members of C3, (some of which I know and love) and the powers that run it...change my mind. I'm listening.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Regarding the road, I doubt that C3 will be able to do anything. The contractor will probably not risk their insurance for an unplanned freebe unless you make a bigger stink over it.

3. peppercorns

I just don't understand why they didn't have the decency to reply.....

4. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Being nice with this question -
    If you were a member would you still feel the same way about the music, the construction and the trucks?

5. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

I think I would feel the same way, even if a member. I would be more upset by the fact the the church isn't answering any emails. That shows a lack of consideration. I may be considering going to the church, they never know, even if my email is about the building.

Personally, I think their music is way too loud. I said that when we visited one time and was told, basicalyy, to get used to it. I've always enjoyed hearing the congregation singing. There, you only hear the preacher's wife and the band singing and playing. Need to tone it down and hear the people...

Frogger

6. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

I agree with the email situation. Our family were members of C3. That was until Katrina. I emailed questions to Pastor matt Fry. With total disregard for no answer. This did not seem important to him or the church. They do talk a big game!! He doesn't even know the people that are connected to his church unless you are in one of their clicks. It is sad, very sad considering if I am not mistaken most of that land was donated to the church or it was so that of a very reasonalbe price. Then you have the Broadmor issue. I won't even go there. Getting back to the emails,,,,,,,,never not one response from the Pastor -he dissed me. I did finally after a month finally get a response from the guy who is in charge of this entire builind thing Ken something . It was a blow off. I was very hurt considering they as a church made sure everyone knew how much $$$$$ they raised for the Tsunami. They did not seem to care about our own country. Yes they did finally do some things. However, it was the principal. How can you have such blatent disregard for people of your church & of your community. How can you live where you do while others can't How can you sleep at night? I am rambling. C3 ticks me off. It is not a God led church.

7. peppercorns

Yes, I would, because even if my own church were making all the noise with the music I still woudn't want to hear it 5 times in a day. Heck, I don't listen to any song that much. THose houses were there long before the church was and yet that group gives no consideration. Send someone over to take a listen. Songs of praise are beautiful but too much of anything can get to you.
    As far as the construction I wouldn't care what you were building, to whom and for whom, I am sick an tired of waking up to BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP as the trucks back up. The sound of the steel clanging together is very annoying. It makes the horses jumpy and the dogs all bark. But what do they care... they don't live there. THey don't have to hear ir EVERY FREAKING DAY!!

8. dadoftwo

dadoftwo Guest

C3 is awesome!!!

No one church can be a perfect fit for everyone. That is why there are so many options out there. Pastor Matt Fry has said many times that his hope is that everyone would find a church that they could get plugged into. If C3 is not the right place for you then find a church that is. The main thing is not to fill the seats at C3 but to fill the Kingdom of God! As a member, I am sorry some of your emails were not answered. There are over 2000 people who attend C3 every weekend, which is why there is a need for the new building. We just want to provide seats for the lost and the hurting. With such a large number of people there are a huge number of emails coming in every day. It would be impossible to answer every email. It is also impossible for Pastor Matt to personally know over 2000 by name. We do have a huge number of volunteers that give many hours of their time to the church simply because they love Jesus! I have never been anywhere that I felt as welcome as I do there. I would like to personally invite anyone reading this to come out to visit with us and decide for yourself. We don't want to take anyone away from other churches, but if you don't belong to a church or have never felt like you fit in, please come out and worship with us. We have 2 services Saturday @ 5pm and 6:30pm and 3 services Sunday @ 9am, 11am and 5pm. Hope to see you there and remember, it's not about us, it's all about Him!

9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

As Hank Jr said in a song "... they ask you to send your money to the Lord, but they give you their address..."

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Reading this and several other posts concerning C3 makes it sounds a little "fanatical". Sorta like a few other "churches" in the area.

Anyway. To the point of having a "congregation" of 2000 and not being able to keep up with the e-mails. Here at work we have 2 customer service people and they average about 5-600 e-mails a day between the 2 of them. So there should be no excuse for not being able to keep up with e-mail, especially since that is the new medium of communication now days (unlike the years gone by where the paster of the church I grew up in would come visit the house every 2 weeks, and would do so to his entire congregation). He wouldn't stay long just a few minutes here and there to see how things were going, was a nice personal touch. BTW....the new pastor of the same church I grew up in still does the same thing with his current congregation, atleast with the older members.

Just remember it doesn't take a fancy new church with plush velvet carpet and fancy stained glass windows or the loudest music to get you into heaven (which I personally see as a sign a vanity in a church).

Craig

11. Danny's Girl

Danny's Girl Guest

C3 is an awesome church. I'm sorry you don't like the construction going on and I'm sorry that your emails have not been responded to. C3 is a church and they do not have a "customer service" department there that deals with nothing all day but emails. As for the music, I’m sorry too that it “bothers” you, but I wish I lived closer that I could hear people rejoicing for the Lord every day, all day!!
    If "filling the till" would be their first priority, then why spend all the money to build a bigger church?? With 2000 people there a week, they could have a pretty big till, but they want to make more seats for those who want to come to a church that is filled with the Love of God!
    There are many advantages to being in a small church and many to being in a large church. The choice is yours. Don't criticize one just because it isn't what you want. I have been in small churches and there was no “personal touch”. I do feel when I walk through the doors of C3 a very personal touch…the personal touch of our Lord Jesus!!! It is all for Him!!

12. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I am not a member of C3. My church isn't even 1/4 the size. However, the original post had to do MAINLY with the noise problem. How we got into money and ads and vanity, I'm not sure. I know when it comes to money and the church, people get their panties or briefs in a wad at times. Before you can talk about a church "moneying" people, so to speak, read what the bible has to say about tithes and offerings and why they are part of the church. Now, while I do agree that some churches are all about $$$$$$ for off the wall stuff, some are not. They run the utilities on the money from the congregation in order to function. Surely you can understand that. Yes, some need bigger buildings because of overflow. Sorry, but a church does not have to be in a shack to be considered a good church. It doesn't always work like that.

As far as the noise and any other complaint, a church that size should have someone there in the office all the time. Ours is small and we have someone there atleast 3 out of 7 days in addition to service times. That being said, make and appearance!!!!!! Go up there and let someone know your concerns. This is a good option and leaves no reason to be upset about no response as long as you have exhausted ALL options!!! :)

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I personally never said the church had to be a shack. What I was trying to imply (which may or may not have been understood) is that churchs do not need to have custom hand made one of a kind stained glass windows.
    They do not need plush blood red velvet carpets or pew cushions. They do not need $10,000-$20,000 sound systems to sing the praises. And before anyone claims that a church does or doesn't spend that kind of money on a sound system, I know for a fact they do as I know of a company in Raleigh that does the installations and know that several in the Raleigh area have spent way more than that just to preach the gospel louder than the next church.

I do know that the church pays it's utilities, minister's salary, and what not out of the tithings received, but when these tithings are spent in such a frivolous manner (uneeded garnishments as mentioned above) then plain and simple the church isn't there to spread the word of the Lord, it's there to make a profit.

Just because a church has beautiful stained glass windows, reclining velour pews with cup holders and individual lcd screens for those in the back that can't see all the way to the front, and a sound system that would rival an NFL stadium doesn't automatically make it a good church.

A church is as rich and bountiful as it's congregation and it's leadership, and the rest of the stuff is just flash.

Craig

14. Fighting Camel Still

Fighting Camel Still Well-Known Member

You're exactly right Craig. I attended one church in the area that spent $75,000 on the audio/video system. Sure they weren't the only ones that bought it.

15. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Craig,

I totally agree with you. I do. But I also believe that God knows which churches are real and which are not. That being said, that is when God moves his people to a place that IS real.

16. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

IMO, C3 is a place you can just go to if you want an activity to do. The Churches is the North are nothing like this. I just consider it a recreation center that sings loud church songs.

17. timlee

timlee Member

Sorry you feel bad....

I am also a member, our family has felt nothing but welcome and love at C3. Again, I also apoligize that your emails were not answered, I will make sure your concerns are adressed with the appropriate people.

I wish those of you that feel that way would attend a service this weekend, I can assure you that you will be welcomed with a smile and will feel the love of God in His house. We love you, and God loves you!

18. Danny's Girl

Danny's Girl Guest

Tim,
    We feel the same way! We love C3 and have felt welcomed and a part of the church from the first time we walked through the doors. A church is much more than a building. The staff, volunteers and members are nothing but first class. We care about the people of Cleveland, Raleigh, NC and the world, just as the Lord does. If you doubt me, come join us this weekend!

19. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Did somebody send out an all points bulletin on your churches email list or something? 1 new join and 2 lurker posts just to say the exact same thing, and dodge the OP completely.

Here is the issue: People in the area you are building in are unhappy to see (or rather hear) you building there. You are making their lives worse, because you want more sardines in your can. The OP is just asking for some communication between her community and your monolith, can you provide any sort of assistance? or perhaps pass the concerns up to your overlords?

20. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Question for any C3 members in the Know

Totally off topic, is the current construction project funded or are they incurring debt to do it?