C3 - are you listening?????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by peppercorns, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

With all due respect, if I can fogive myself, why do I need God?:?

I understand

What do you mean by suffering?

The consequences or just consequence?

And what "Christian" persuasion might you be to hold such a view?

Thats quite a mix you entertain as being related. Though I don't necessarily disagree, as all that subject matter has its orgins in God, sorting out that relationship can pose a problem for the one not related to God, don't you suppose?:)

2. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Buddhists believe that all suffering is caused by desire. That's the suffering I was referring to. The human condition.
    Consequence ...singular. Sorry.
    I don't know that I fit neatly into any denomination. I can even find some understanding and continuity in other religions, but I tend to lean towards the traditional protestant view of Christianity.
    Well I think we are all related to God. We were made in His image. (I don't take this as a literal physical image) But sorting it out can be a problem, yes. Because of our current limitations. We still don't fully understand light, gravity, dark matter, and many other things. And we may never, until and if they are revealed by the creator himself.

3. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Just to throw my opinion in the mix, I have went to C3 a few times and every time I felt like a smaller and smaller number in the crowd. The church is simply too big.

I did not care for the service each time I went. It seemed lame. It felt like I just shook hands with a guy with a "wet fish" handshake, if you know what I mean. It was boring and seemed to lack any sort of structure. I know they are a "laid back" church but the Pastor wearing jeans while on the stage just did not settle well with me. I have gone to some laid back churches and the pastor still dressed nice. You could tell who he was from the rest of the people and he did not distance himself from the crowd.

Just my two cents....

My thing is...if you don't like the place, find one that you do. I don't hear one of you griping about Shiloh Baptist Church and their new building. Methinks some of you just have a beef with C3 and needed a way to gripe about churches and Christians.

4. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Thanks Josey. Please read back a few posts to where I state I am not a Buddhist and ask everyones forgiveness that I made implications. It wasn't intended to deceive.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Dan, i am still waiting to hear anything positive from you - why do all your posts have to be so negative lately??? i am so sorry if you are going through a rough time, but try to think a little more positive about things and maybe more positive things will happen for you. Try giving it all to God and trust he will take care of you and yours.

6. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

C3 is not a cult:!: Matt just feels that he knows what his calling is and is pursuing it. God gives each and everyone of us our own calling and while it might not be the same as the church we have been attending there is another church out there that does. If C3 is not your thing, that is cool, just don't give up on finding the church that is.

8. Josey Wales

What is a cult anyway? Don't we regular forumites have our own little cult going here? :lol:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL!! Yes, but you have to come to the lunches to be an official member!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding!!

10. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Answers in Genesis is a great resource for these and other biblical questions.
    http://www.answersingenesis.org

11. Josey Wales

This struck my funny bone. You do know of course, if you don't use real wine and unleavened bread, it won't "take".

12. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

13. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

So we are supposed to be the product of incest. I wonder why we oppose it now if it is not the intended means. :?

Doubly acceptable? The next portion indicates the number of flood stories from various groups, but these groups did not retain the reason behind the flood or the information on the religion that was so connected?

While a 2% variation does not sound like much, the length of the DNA strand is significant. So significant that the major portions only represent a difference of .4% from the Bonobos and Chimps, which are our nearest genetic relative.

Just to put the explanations into some perspective, given this justification is not purely faith based, which is by definition the driving force behind religions.

14. Wayne Stollings

Also humans have a much longer DNA strand than yeast but there is a similarity of some 78% of the shorter yeast strand.

15. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

The info below and additional info. can be found at
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Area/feedback/negative_08April2002.asp

16. Wayne Stollings

The "one true morality" is not one nor is it "true" as it has changed repeatedly, but that is a structure of faith.

Yet there is a classification of clean animals and unclean animals with no definition of which is which. We know the later use of "clean" supposedly denotes those animals which can be eaten.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=gen 7:2-3,5#en-NIV-162

Genesis 7:2-3

2 Take with you seven [a] of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.

Footnotes:

Genesis 7:2 Or seven pairs ; also in verse

17. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Kaci, what I said was not negative at all. I simply stated my opinion about the church and my experience with it. I do not like the huge churches simply because people seem to get lost in the crowd and there is no personal relationship with the congregation and the pastor. If someone is to have a personal relationship with God, they should also have a personal relationship with the pastor who is God's representative in that church. I am a member of a much smaler church in the Clayton area. I have not been able to be there as much as I would like in awhile because my wife, now, works every Sunday morning and I am usually out late on Saturday nights playing somewhere with my band out of town and don't get in until the wee hours of the morning.

18. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

From http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v19/i2/animals.asp

19. Wayne Stollings

But if the determination of clean and unclean was in the realm of consumption and Noah was not restricted there would be no reason for the division.

If Noah eats one unclean animal it as a species would be gone .... ;)

20. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007