C3 - are you listening?????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by peppercorns, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Yes, but there seems to be a bit of a contradiction since Noah could supposedly eat anything but had the application of "clean" and "unclean", which removes that "anything" possibility. A bit of circular application at best if you are using it to support a claim. The claim that later bokks defined statements in earlier books is a bit of a problem, but that is again where the faith aspect has to prevail over any logical explanation.

2. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Noah was allowed to eat any animal he liked as long as it didn’t have the blood in it (Gen. 9:3–4). Not seeing "clean" nor "unclean" as a criteria in that scripture.

3. Wayne Stollings

Yes, but when he was to take the animals there WAS a mention of that criteria that supposedly did not yet exist. The only reference for "clean" or "unclean" is consumption, which is a non-issue according to everything else. Thus, there is a reference that does not yet exist or if it does exist a flaw in the statement in Gen. 9:93-4.

If he was allowed to eat the unclean animals and only two were taken, any consumption of an unclean animal would eliminate the species if it had not yet reproduced enough to be stable.

4. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Grace, This is somewhat conjecture on my part, however, had Adam not transgressed and instead eaten of the Tree of Life, I believe the problems because of inbreeding, would never have been an issue; the problems being part of the curse.

5. Wayne Stollings

That might explain Adam and Eve but what about Noah, who came much later and wound up in the same situation of only family from which to choose?

6. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Well, here you are asking about first cousins. Marriage between them is still allowed even in some of the states. I know of a few. First cousins are far less a concern, but still "iffy".

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Grace,

I believe a person can be forgiven at any time before they take their last breath. Look at Jesus forgiving the thief who was on the cross beside Him as an example of that. If someone truly repents of their sins, asks for forgiveness, and accepts the Lord as Savior, then yes, I believe they will be forgiven, even if it is 1 second before they die. HOWEVER... since we do not know when our last breath will be, the attitude some people have that "I'm going to live life to the fullest... eat, drink, be merry and get saved before I die" is VERY dangerous. I believe Jesus warns people about that here:

Let me ask you something... doesn't that sound just like the world we are living in today? All we can think about is our stuff. Bigger house, better car, place at the lake/beach/mountains, etc. Well, guess who is the prince of this world? Yep, the very one who hates us and will use anything (material possessions, pleasure, etc.) to keep us from God. He even tempted Jesus Himself with worldly stuff! He is crafty, sneaky, clever, beautiful, brilliant, but he is DANGEROUS! Please don't let him lie to you and tell you that you can wait until later to be saved. If you are feeling called unto repentance and salvation by the Holy Spirit, please don't wait. Today is the day to answer that call, because none of us knows how many days we have left.

8. ready2cmyKing

No, all people are going to live eternally, but a person who dies without accepting the gift of salvation will live, forever, in Hell. :-(
    Let me provide some links to answers from one of the best Bible teachers I've ever heard, the late Dr. Adrian Rogers: http://www.lwf.org/site/News2?abbr=for_&page=NewsArticle&id=5791

Why would we want to be reincarnated and come back to this terrible earth? What kind of hope is that? I sure as heck don't want to come back... UNTIL my King brings me back when He sets up His Kingdom, that is! :-D http://www.lwf.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5338

No, once saved, always saved. http://www.lwf.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5339
    http://www.lwf.org/site/News2?abbr=for_&page=NewsArticle&id=6157
    Salvation is a spiritual matter. When we are born again, it is our spirit that is reborn, since we obviously keep the same old fleshly bodies (for now!) Jesus explains this rebirth of the spirit to Nicodemus here:

John 3

1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
    2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
    3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
    5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
    You're welcome. I hope I was able to answer some of your questions... or that I pointed you to someone who could. I want to leave you with this because it says A LOT about what Christianity really is (or should be.) Enjoy! :) (Read the article, "Stop Enduring Religion" and if you really want to be blessed, listen to some of Dr. Rogers' audio messages too!)
    http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Love_Worth_Finding/Article.asp?article_id=706

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  9. gmessig

gmessig Well-Known Member

Wow! I sense alot of hostility. I'm sure Pastor Matt would love to meet with your hurting neighbors. Why not bring them to him?

10. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

Where in Heaven's name have you been for the last month and did you fail to read the previous "400" pages............water under the bridge.

11. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I haven't even payed attention in this thread but it seems to be very constructive. I like it.

So here is a question. Do you believe in revelations? Do you think that is how it will all end? Because I don't go to church on a regular basis (maybe once a month) does that make me a bad person?

There is so much about the bible I still have to learn. I have so many questions.

12. ready2cmyKing

Grace, you're welcome. After you read the links, please let me know if you still have questions and I'll be more than happy to try to answer them.

T4T, are you asking if I believe in the book of Revelation? If so, then yes I do, every word of. Are you asking how I think the world as we know it will end?

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Perhaps someone in this discussion can help this fellow who posted in today's classifieds....

====================

http://4042.appcomm.net/cgi-bin/cla...any one can help please let me know thank you

14. ready2cmyKing

ncmom, I can't find that classified. :?

15. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I just looked and it was on the third screen with the message titled "WANTED: looking for a church"

16. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Well, if you go back 23 pages you will find my first post about the noise.

The contractors and church have seemed to have gotten the idea. I have not heard anything much before 7 am. So just as I complained publically I wish to thank them publically. It took a bit but I did get to speak with several people from the church. Everyone was nice to me - some more then others, but I am happy with the outcome.
    As far as the Sunday music noise, I was nto home this particular Sunday to be aware of the levels of sound. I will be keeping track though....

Within those 23 pages of posts were several comments about how that church needs to look in their own yard and community for the poor and less fortunate. Someone heard us. A representative from the church came by and gave everyone in the area a lovely Easter basket and invited them to service. I don't know if it was done to hush us or as a sincere gesture. But I would like to think they meant it as a gesture of friendship because they care. It was very much appreciated and those in the area wish to publically thank C3 church for their generosity.
    but know it now.........if I still hear too much boom boom boom on Sundays I will let them know.

I think that this is the reason we have this forum. To exchange ideas, thoughts, seek moral support, and to make a difference. Thanks 4042.ers!!!!!

17. ready2cmyKing

Thanks, I'll look again. It'll probably be one of those "if it were a snake" situations. :oops:

18. OK time for Scripture

Psalm 150 (KJV, just in case you were wondering)1.) Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his Sanctuary (By the way C3 is trying to build one so that all who wish to worship there can do so without the fire marshall saying, "hey you can't come in here."): Praise Him in the fermament of His power.
    2.) Praise Him for his Mighty acts: Praise Him according to his excellent greatness. 3.) Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet: Praise Him with the psaltry and the harp. 4.) Praise Him with the timbrel and (my personal favorite) the dance: Praise Him with the stringed instruments and organs.
    5.) Praise Him upon the "LOUD" cymblas: Praise Him with the high sounding cymbals (I don't know what cymbal that would be, but It could very well be the crash cymbal which is the loudset of all the cymbals). 5.) Let Everything that hath Breath Praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

To comment on these five verses first off: So the music is loud. our praises's to God should ring louder than that of oh say AC/DC's, "I'm on a Highway to Hell" does.
    (Of Course, there is probably no truer statement ever sang by AC/DC than that one). So the music is loud...ya know, I hope the worship is as fervant, and it is, at C3, as well as other churches: ie; The Light of Christ I.O.C, First Assembly in Raleigh, Crossroads Fellowship in Raleigh, and Freedom Biker Church, by the way, in the Cleveland area also. You should see the worship there. It is an awesome sight, and the power of God moves throughout the building in all of these places. You have got to experience it.

Now there was this comment about the BOOM BOOM BOOM of the drums and the Bass Guitar. Hallelujah! So the drummer and the bassist at least read there bible and see that that is exactly what David, the psalmist, wrote down as God gave him utterance. And Ya know, maybe the music inwhich the Holy Spirit flows in, may just touch someone as he is passing by down the Highway. We very well may never know the answer to that question
    until in heaven we meet. But these verse's are not requests made of God, they are commandments, orders if you will, given by God.

Now there was a mention concerning the migraine headaches. I will pray for your healing there. But I would make just one request.

James 5:13-15a Says it this way (Again in the KJV):
    13.)Is any amoung you afflicted? Let him(or her) pray. Is any merry let him sing psalms(Worship music). 14.) If any sick amoung you? Let him (or her) call upon the elders of the church: and let them pray over him (or her) anointing him (or her) with oil in the name of the Lord. 15.a) and the prayer of faith shall SAVE THE SICK, and the Lord shall raise him (or her) up...

Now on these verse's, If the migraines are really that bad, there is healing in place for you. I believe in the Elders and the Oil. More than that, I believe in a God who heals and saves all at the same time.

I am a bassist in my church, and I believe that it is my reaponsibilty to lead others in worship..... to the very throne of God. To play loudly, is a commandment for me, therefore, God's law prevails in this topic. Remember, your personal taste are irrelevant when it comes to the law that God has in place. So many times we forget that it not about you, and it's not about me. It's about Jesus. And He alone is worthy of our loudest Drum beat, our wildest guitar riff (By the way a psaltry is an ancient stringed instrumnet or zither, my wife being a music major wants me to add that), the piercest trumpet spear, the most driving glissando on the keyboard, and the pulsating boom boom boom of the bass.

Just one more verse and I'll close, (for now anyway).

Psalm 33:3a.) (Also in the KJV) Sing unto Him with a NEW SONG(like maybe the new praise and worship music that is out there today. Nothing wrong with hymns, I love 'em, but those songs have been around a while. Key on the quote, NEW SONG.) 3b.)Play skillfully with a loud noise.

Now you may call C3's music noise...So does God, but that's what He declares He wanted. and remember, again it's about our Saviour and Lord, not us. God bless ya!!!!!

19. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Hey i've got a bag of grade a troll food here, who wants it? Wormly?

20. binarydig2

binarydig2 Well-Known Member

WOW. Not sure where that came from. I thought this thread was dead. You had to dig way back to find this thread.

Just for everyone's information, unless Bassist Bruce is using a fake name, we DO NOT have any bassist named Bruce on our teams. I just don't want people getting confused that he is representing C3.

Bassist Bruce - as for the scripture you used. I agree with the references you posted but the original post was created due to the Construction Noise that was occurring before 7am and then also mentioned later the bass and/or drum sound carrying during our services. We can have exciting worship without pushing people away or getting a bad name with the community because of our carrying bass sound.

Both of these issues were brought to C3's attention and have been addressed. Being in a metal building, it doesn't keep sound in as well as we hoped or thought. The new building is being designed to contain our sound. With having multiple services, I can understand how that constant bass sound could become annoying. We have attempted to lower sound a bit to help with the bass sounds carrying into the surrounding neighborhoods.

We were not offended when brought to our attention and we care that our neighbors are happy with us. What good is it to teach loving your neighbor if we aren't willing to respect our own neighbors. I have followed up with Peppercorns since then just to see how we are doing. As you can tell from one of her last posts, we have made steps in the right direction to help with the construction and carrying bass/drum sound.

Last edited: May 1, 2007