C3 - are you listening?????

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by peppercorns, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Yeah right, what about the other issues that developed in this thread. Like ignoring your community. Talking about community, exactly what community do they support again?

2. binarydig2

binarydig2 Well-Known Member

I know the original issue wasn't handled fast enough, but we did get the issue to the appropriate people and did address the noise issue. The church does care about the community and encourages everyone who comes to C3 to give back, help out a neighbor and the community.

We try and do different things throughout the year to give back to the community.

Actually right now, C3 is doing something kind of cool for teacher appreciation week coming up. C3 will be taking breakfast to all the teachers at two local elementary schools just to bless them and say thank you for serving our kids. Teachers have one of the toughest jobs today with little pay and lots of hours.

Also, last weekend, C3 gave out gift cards in all services to give to people in the community just to bless them. Each person who had a gift card in their seat was told to find someone in the community and give the gift card to them. Just a creative way to bless people in the area. The types of gift cards that people of C3 are giving out around the community are $15 Grocery Cards, $10 Gas Cards and $5 Starbucks Cards.

They may not be large amounts but think about the investment C3 made to give these out at all their services to give to the community. I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

Also, each of the small groups does a community project or volunteers their time as a group to give back to the community through-out the year.

C3 does an Angel Tree event every year where we take gifts to families who don't have much and we give the kids toys, clothes, food, etc... None of the items reference C3 in any way. Its just an anonymous gift to say someone cares.

C3 doesn't advertise what they do in the community but they do different things to help contribute to the awesome community that surrounds them.

3. justme989

justme989 Guest

I agree with the original post...I needed help before from them and couldn't even get a phone call returned also the Pastor's # is not listed on their voice mail for prayer or emergencies etc.....I went thru the chain of command and was cut off at the "pastor's" wife and never got to talk to the pastor at all...Oh ya, I'm handicapped ..can't walk and was asked on my second visit to be a door greeter and open the doors for others....go figure!we call it a sermon factory..same sermon over and over different crowd....get em in get em out. They can build a cathedral but ignore the most basic needs of the community..this is why I put my faith in God and not man or pastor's

4. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

So this past weekend's message about being kind and going and showing kindness to non-bielevers was the same as the message on Jeovah Raffa???

5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I don't go to church at C3, but I think this thread has gotten way out of hand.

Every church has a past member, etc. that the church wasn't a good fit with and so they went of their way.

All I have to say is "People in glass houses should not throw stones" unless you are PERFECT yourself!

6. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

If you are perfect, doesn't that mean you don't live in a glass house? I think perfect people live in brick houses or something similar that can withstand lots of stones. A perfect person in a glass house is probably just a visitor, and anyway I don't think perfect people throw stones.

7. Southernborn

See I always understood the saying to mean, if you are perfect you'd live in a glass house, because that way people could see whatever you were doing all the time. LOL

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I know I am perfect. Any doubters?

9. Southernborn

Only if I can watch

10. Southernborn

He's in the hospital...almost died on Monday and had to have 2 emergency surgeries..long story short, don't ever let a dog around a ball that can be chewed up and swallowed.

11. Southernborn

it's a wait and see thing. Esophagus surgery is very high risk, so it's going to be 2-3 weeks to know for sure. He's doing really well since the surgery, but it's just too early to tell.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good luck SB!

13. Southernborn

Thanks everyone!

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Girl, that's terrible. Keep us updated on him.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh girl, that is so sad, please keep us posted {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}