C3 Church

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sherrynewm, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

You are beginning to bore me Clif.

I have not told anyone not to attend C3.
    Words do mean something and for one who has taken it upon himself to pick at the words of others you don't seem to pay much attention to your own.
    This is my last to you. I'd rather pound sand then respond further to your arrogance and willful mis-representation.

2. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

This coming from a guy who continues to contradict himself and thinks hes the knowledgeable one... And no I don't have to show you examples of where you contradict yourself theres at least 3 threads full of them.

3. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

4. Clif

Clif Guest

Oh, gee, well that ruined my whole day.

No, you have not used those exact words in that order, but you have been posting disparaging comments about C3 for quite a while now. One would presume the purpose of doing so is either because you simply like to type to see your name on the computer, or you are hoping to turn away people from attending C3.

So, to make sure there is no further confusion on the issue, let me ask you directly. What is the ultimate purpose of your posts against C3?

Oh? And what particular words do you have issue with. Point them out and I will explain them in smaller words so that you'll understand.

Tis a pity. That would mean it will be a one-sided communication.

Show me where I misrepresented mysel;f.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

the troll says one thing, denies that's what he meant when called on it, demands that you provide proof that what he said means what it meant since he says it no longer or never meant that, follows with vague allusions to past statments being misinterpreted and insists that other show him where he said what he said which he now claims he never said or didn't mean what you read into it in the first place (which of course nobody cares to invest the time in), then when challenged in a forward-moving manner uses a condescending tone to try to dismiss the dissident as irrelevant, all the while injecting inflammatory and pot-stirring comments to drag new people into his downward spiral of internet message board hell.

6. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

amen!

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

n/t

8. undrcvrgrl

undrcvrgrl Guest

C3

C3 is great for new people and new Christians, and it is a great ministry; but if you become involved as a leader, they will try to control your life in and out of church, telling you where you can go and when, who you can talk to, and what you have to wear as a worker in children's ministry. Someone I know personally has been removed as a leader supposedly because they went out of town for the weekend and missed Sunday services, which the pastor and his wife have done themselves. The leadership determines the status of your spiritual maturity and makes decisions accordingly. They tell people that their hearts are not right and that they can no longer be on the worship team and make judgments that they have no authority Biblically to make. I have watched people leave one after another that have been hurt by this judgmental attitude (at least close to a hundred in the last few years) because of this kind of controlling behavior from the leadership. I am at a loss about what to do myself. It is very sad, because the cause of Christ is being hindered. I would never discourage someone from attending and enjoying C3 as I have done so myself, but I would use caution if you get involved as a leader. The top leadership has no real accountability and no deacons, so there is no avenue to confront a conflict, even Biblically, with them. So I guess they will continue in this damaging cycle until someone in leadership decides to listen to the many people who have been railroaded out the door. Also, I can say for a fact that they do not vote on anything and the people do not see the finances or salaries.

9. I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

ps if god needs me, he knows where i am

10. tawiii

tawiii Guest

We should form a club
    8)

11. JPinJOCO

JPinJOCO Well-Known Member

Interesting info. Thanks for sharing.

12. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

This is an accurate inside account because I too was in a leadership role. Could not have said it better. Such a shame for such a promising church. Hey, there are plenty of churches around people, make sure you check a few out including C3.

13. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

So true, there are lots of churches around, and most of them welcome visitors.

14. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

C3 a business?

Something to think about:

2,500 members - If each member averages 20 bucks a week in the plate for 52 weeks equals 2.6 million tax free. This is very conservative considering some people tithe 10% of salary. The church probably pulls in over 3.5 million a year.

Interesting: I was at a basketball game in the cleveland gym (just down the street from church), and noticed a sign stating that C3 was a proud sponsor of the Cleveland Athletic Association. The sign is on a wall (to be fair - with other sponsors) beneath numerous broken windows that are patched with plastic. Guess that is why Matt changed the name of the church from Cleveland Community Church (C3) to just C3 now. That alone says a lot!

15. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

To be fair, C3 has sponsored 3 soccer teams this season, at a cost of $900 and donated field space for teams to have areas to practice.

16. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

Bla bla bla.........I would put the "dead horse" here but the icons don't show for me on a reply. Evidently the C3ers here like the church. No matter how much you bash it, they AIN'T buyin. Go away. Find a church you like and feel comfortable in. No, I don't attend C3. I attend a small, quaint church in Benson that is as alive a C3 though maybe smaller.

17. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

You confortable? Good. Then why put your nose in a conversation that doesn't concern you nor know anything about?

18. Clif

Clif Guest

It hasn't stopped you.

19. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

I know quite a bit more about it than you think and who wouldn't after reading it all here? And again I say, Go Away!!!

20. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

:hurray::iagree::cheers::mrgreen: