C3 Church

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sherrynewm, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

No clue. The link also includes a phone number. Seems simple enough. 8)

2. FLai

FLai Active Member

Check out Johnson Memorial Church on Hwy 50 about 3 miles past McGees Crossroads (50/210 intersection) - great church, friendly folks, awesome pastor.

3. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

Let's not make this into something its not. Per the Southern Baptist Convention's website, it states:

"In order for a church to be recognized as a cooperating church with the SBC, it must be in friendly cooperation with the Convention and sympathetic with its purposes and work, and be a bona fide contributor to the Convention's work during the fiscal year preceding"

So what are its purposes and work? Again per the website,

"Southern Baptists share a common bond of basic Biblical beliefs and a commitment to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the entire world"

In the interest of full disclosure, my family and I are members at C3 and have been for nearly 8 years. In looking at this list, we have attended a few other churches on this list when traveling or going with friends and family and none of them speak about their denomination with SBC. Their missions are all very similar - they may carry them out differently, which really is the beauty of it all. No one church is better than another as long as it is carrying out the mission of spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You may not agree with how they carry out the mission, but then you have a choice to not go there. If you are a believer, I believe you should show some discernment before accusing a church of anything that spreads a negative connotation.

Regardless, the list of the largest churches in NC that are a part of the Southern Baptist Convention represent a variety of larger churches that provide an opportunity for those to learn about Jesus and hopefully grow in a relationship with Him and to serve the Kingdom. These churches are growing and are teaching its attenders and members about Jesus, which is the point, the last time I checked. The SBC also indicates they fully believe in full automony at the local church level. They are not an overriding organization the tells you how to run your churches it would be un-biblical to do so.

As far as the Association of Related Churches goes, this is another organization that C3 supports. The ARC is an organization that has planted hundreds of new churches especially in areas where their is a high concentration of un-churched families.

I am delighted that C3 supports both of these organizations as their ultimate goal is biblical, Serve God, Serve Others.