C3 Church

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sherrynewm, Feb 26, 2008.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Yes Clif that is my motivation....just so i can put the beating a dead horse pic up. You got me! I've been outed....:roll:

2. golfhound

golfhound Active Member

God's word is the same but society has changed. Go to any high school around and you'll see armed police officers patrolling the halls. The drop out rate is higher than it's ever been. Many blame the schools, but the buck stops at home. Ask any teacher who's been in the system and they will tell you. I can remember the day when teachers were respected and you knew if you got in trouble at school, you'd get the same, if not more once you got home. Now, with the divorce rate so high, many kids only have one parent or are shuffled between two homes.

One of the small groups offered at C3 is for blended families, those who have divorced and remarried. Does that mean that C3 condones divorce? No. Neither does God. But, should the children of those families be punished for the sins of their parents? Sin is sin. God's fogvies us for our sins if we ask him to and mean it from our hearts.

I could go on and on about how our world has changed. Churches like C3 are simply adapting to those changes. The goal has not changed though. Saving lost souls is what it's all about.

3. clive

clive Well-Known Member

Amen!:iagree:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

(pssst. Kiss my grits - everyone knew what I meant -beeppppp)

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I'm hoping you're not assuming that just because a child has the above situation that they are not going to "get the same" when they get home. :?

6. clive

clive Well-Known Member

LOL......I'm just pickin' my no..... I mean, I'm just pickin' on you.:jester:

Buttery grits with crumbled up bacon??:hurray:

7. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

And I hope that you and/or C3 are not assuming that all divorce is sin either. No need for the children to think there is a sin to be punished for, when none may have been committed.

8. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

We have what we experience in the home, school and society because America has forgotten what made her great; her roots.
    The God of the bIble has been stripped from the classroom, where future parents are educated, its Ok for abortions to take place at anytime, divorce is rampant, crime is out of control and government is about to lose its power as we have known it; to become something our forefathers fought to prevent, which was based on the morality of set down by the God of the Bible.

"Churches" as C3 claim to be, offer nothing to fix the problem. They thrive because of the problem. They offer a "safe haven"; a distraction from the actualities of life that is aimless. With their rock band and coffee, they offer themselves as the "fix". 'Get in our program, get connected". "We offer hope for real people" or something such as that is their slogan.

This truth from an "old camp" author sez much most here will mock:

"Does the Church of Jesus Christ think she can accomplish God’s work in the world without a definite experience of heart purity and the Pentecostal baptism? It is admitted that the early Christians were thus made usable to the Master; but there is an impression abroad that this qualification for successful service can be dispensed with in these days. The result is failure, disheartenment, disappointment; . . . . . . " Gergory Mantles.

I might add, disenchantment and despair will be the result.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  9. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

That is easier said than done. It is like a bad accident, and you just can't help but look and see what happened. You know you don't really want to see it, but you just have to.

10. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

Are you sorry you ask'd? Just go check it out yourself!

11. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Divorce is a sin but they can't preach that. It would alienate a large part of the congregation and there would be a mass exit. In fact sin, in general, probably isn't a subject much discussed at all.

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I tell you what else is a sin, eating too many biscuits is a sin for my backside, and goodness gracious they sure don't preach about that.

13. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

LMAO

14. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

What? Bisquits or your backside? I could give reasons for both subjects being avoided.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

of course you could!!!

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Mmmmm. Warm, fluffy biscuits.

17. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

hey, that's my line

18. Clif

Clif Guest

That's not entirely true. It really depends on the reason for the divorce.

You know, there is a fascinating book you really should read occasionally, especially if you want to discuss religion.

It's called the Bible.

19. clive

clive Well-Known Member

Ormly, when it comes to C3 it's painfully obvious you only speak from your own incorrect presumptions and perhaps the vast array of missinformation that is perpetuated in these forums.
    You seem like a genuinely intelligent person and probably quite likable. So, it's very suprising that you (and others around here as well) do not take the time to find out the facts and seperate them from fantasy. Especially considering that the perpetuation of such missinformation could prevent someone from finding the true salvation offered through Christ that so many others have found when they choose to attend C3. It's not a church that suits you personally and that's fine. But there's no need to try and turn it into something it isn't.
    Have a great day.

20. Clif

Clif Guest

Is that better or worse than warm fluffy backsides?