C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

To associate any past indescretions of other organizations to C3 is just not fair. It is completely baseless and unfounded. To infer negative implications that setting up trusts or being a trustee is even further ignorance on your part. Trusts are set up by many people for many reasons, least of which is to hide something. If you were to find out that any of the staff's family come from wealth are they not entitled to work and make money and buy nice houses? If you are concerned about that then you are focused on the wrong thing. Have you seen you your pastor's bank account? If it had 10,000 in it would you think less of him or do you have faith in him because of his actions, leadership and beliefs. If he were to buy a new car would you think less of him all of a sudden? It is not about them. It is about Him. I clearly will never be able to say anything to make everyone feel "comfy" about the comments you have thrown out there. Everyone that works there, including hundreds upon hundreds of volunteers, work their tails off for one reason only - to bring people to Christ and serve Christ.

As far as the "community" efforts - there are plenty. The church does not try to make a big deal about them. But here are a few. Every year, the church has an angel tree program in which the congregation donates literally thousands of toys/clothes/etc. to under privledged children in the Clayton/Cleveland area - just ask a few of principals about the impact it has had. The gifts are done anonymously. They also have had offering to purchase school supplies for those that can not afford in the local schools - just ask a few of principals about the impact it has had. The gifts are done anonymously. All of the connect groups do smaller based community projects two times per year which include assisting social programs, habitat projects, identifying families in need, etc. Again, they are not publicized. Lastly, all people that serve in ministry teams or in connect groups are constantly working together and when there is a family in need, we help each other out in many ways. This is community service as far as I am concerned. I have been a receipient of the help and done that same back because I could. Of course, we could be better at it, but so could everyone.

If you are a Christian, which you seem to be, you are not doing the faith any favors by throwing out dangerous ideas and thoughts. C3 is a God-driven church - just a little different than you are used to. That should not be the basis for you making the leaps that you have made (or at least tried to put in the ears of others). Shame on you.....

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I would leave a snide remark about this whole thread, but it wouldn't be the non-christian thing to do! ;)

3. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

What?

What you are describing is a community outreach done by the members of the church. That is wonderful! However, you mention numerous "community efforts" and then speak of only two that the church sponsors (angel tree and backpacks for kids). Both of which are mainly funded by the members of the church and not the church itself. In addition, you mention that you guys try to keep your efforts quiet, NOT. Every year the intention of both of these "efforts" is to gain media attention for the church. If you do not believe me then read the paper during each of these efforts. I know because I have seen it and contributed to it. What other community efforts does the church spend it's money on?? Like I said before, with over 2,000 members this church could make a huge impact in the community.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Well gosh. With C3 providing supplies for school kids, I guess there is no need for the Silent Partner program or the brand new Julie Lee Memorial fund.

<scratches head>

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Our parents give a lot to support our silent partner program, but would it be necessary if C3 was so giving of their money for school supplies? :?

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I guess this is why the Bible says charity should be anonymous.

7. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Well, considering that is just at one community school, yes they need it. There are many other community schools in the area that will need the help.

From what I've read they do a lot that is anonymous, but as these idiots keep coming on here putting the church down for not doing enough community work, I can see how the members do want to give them the facts so they will shut their pie holes.

Another note, for those asking about C3 or any other churches community efforts, well what have you done for your community? Those who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

8. concernedperson

concernedperson Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I just can't agree with this statement. NO CHURCH should be anonymous on what they do with the money coming in no matter how small or large it is. I think every member should be able to come to the business meetings and get a print out of where the money is distrubuted. After all, the money and tithings are coming from them, right. They may not agree on where the money goes but they have that right to know at least. If that's not done, then we fall right into that catogory of us as citizens paying our taxes and not knowing where the tax money is going. Just about every church I've been to or visited, does this anyway. I think what C3 and other churches around the area are doing with their missionary service for hungry people in other countries is great, but let's keep in mind that we have starving and homeless people right here in our own backyard that are hungry for food and the word.

9. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Judgment should begin with you , doncha think?

10. JoCoREZ

JoCoREZ Well-Known Member

Excellent point, there are some on here that have the community and the church that could serve it better at heart. Why is it such a sin (to some) that a person would criticize a church? We criticize the world around us on a daily basis. These are the things that make this country great and help bring change. Is it really fair to give people religious guilt for talking about legitimate concerns? And of course, this depends on how legitimate it is.

Why are no other churches "ripped one" on this website? Kind of an interesting question.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Just lucky someone asked about C3 I guess...... (as opposed to other churches being bashed here...) :mrgreen: