C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. newlifetaxidermy

newlifetaxidermy Well-Known Member

I am a member of C3 and I have been for 8 years now. Regardless of people's personal views on church and religion, I believe that C3 is doing what God has called his people to do. Jesus commands us to "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you". Many are being baptized every month at C3...fathers, mothers, children. These are lives that have been changed by Jesus. Folks who complain about how the money is spent or what kind of car the pastor drives are missing the point. The people who are getting saved and being baptized will be in heaven instead of hell. That ought to make every Christian excited. So many who identify themselves as Christians and criticize C3 need to examine their own heart and their relationship with Jesus. C3 is not the right church for everyone. If its not right for you, that is fine. Find a church where you feel comfortable. We visited other churches in the area before going to C3 and they were not right for us. Does that make them bad churches? Certainly not! If C3 isn't the right church for you, don't go around bad mouthing it. Realize that just like your church, C3 is a church where God is worshiped and the message of salvation is taught. When you bash C3, you are bashing the things of God and that is certainly not something that a true Christian would do.

2. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

this is random, but it made me think of this forum :) the past two weeks on the way to work there have been 3 suv's with those white C3 stickers on the back window that have all most caused a wreck ( all seperate times ).

ok just had to say that thought :)

3. Clif

Clif Guest

You're right. People driving SUV's are dangerous.

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Had some stuck up wench with a big nice $40k+ SUV with the C3 sticker on the back window almost do the same thing to me last week. She was jabbering on the phone, failed to yield when turning right at a stop light which was red for her, cutting off the on coming traffic with the green light (me). Got to the end of the road and she failed to stop for the stop sign as she was turning right. Then she gets to the next intersection and blows right on through the red light that is facing her lane of traffic, luckily there was only one car coming through the intersection at the time and they were able to stop and laid on their horn, while she just continued on her way, like the road was her's and her's alone.

Craig

5. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

That's why I hate people talking on cell phones while they drive...uggg

6. Clif

Clif Guest

You see? SUV drivers are dangerous.

7. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I can see the sarcasm in this :). It's not the SUV's it's the drivers :)

8. GarnerGirl2000

:shock: what rd was that on???

9. Clif

Clif Guest

Well, it's certainly not a sticker.

10. Joel m

Joel m Guest

Well, everyone looks to champion something or someone in their life. Too bad most don't take the time beyond a "feel good" experience to know whether or not what or who they champion, is a bummer.
    Society has been a fool in this "short fall relationship experience" by accepting shallow men of the cloth . . . even men in politics has society been so foolish.

11. clive

clive Well-Known Member

What is meant exactly by "sermon factory"?

12. david4042

david4042 Well-Known Member

A song sang by Steve Green I heard on the radio few days ago when I was passing thru HighPoint, speaks honestly to each of our heart, regarless of our failth, just a mere human being who strive to do our best in this world. We must share, care and love one another.

This true human spirit is something I am so thankful for particular this time of the year, for many of others who crosses my life and have show me how to be a person, a human being..

Let the walls come down...
    =====================================================
    All throughout the spirit realm a fearsome battle rages
    The fates of men and nations hang suspended in the fray
    Walls designed by satan in the twilight of the ages
    Now stand as great divisions all across the world today

Walls not born of government nor strife amid the nations
    But walls within our churches and between denominations
    Stones of dry tradition carved in fear and laid in pride
    Become a dismal prison to those withering inside

Chorus:
    Let the walls come down
    Let the walls come down
    Let the walls that divide us
    And hide us come down
    If in Christ we agree
    Let us seek unity
    Let the walls
    Let the walls come down
    Let the walls
    Let the walls come down

The body weak and powerless, crippled by division
    The victim of a tragic and most cruel civil war
    Brother fighting brother over culture and tradition
    While countless lost and dying lie as casualties of war

It's time to end the foolishness of warring with each other
    And kneel in true repentance that our union be restored
    May we then as brothers rally round the cross of Jesus
    And carry on with diligence the mission of our Lord

Chorus

Oh children of God
    Oh soon to be bride
    Let us humble ourselves
    And crucify pride
    Throw off the flesh
    And its pious facade
    And unite in the name of God

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Is there any way we can put threads on ignore?.. so we can't see them and be tempted to click on them?

I am strong... but the mouse is weak... maybe even possessed... :shock:

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm with you nsane, we keep beating this dead horse. I SWEAR, I will NEVER comment on another thread related to C3. Go to church wherever you want to, just GO. I need to take my own advice on that. 8)

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Started out at the intersection of 70 and Shotwell at the Bojangles. The right turn was onto Amelia Church Rd. and the blown through stop light was the intersection of Guy and Amelia. Incidentally it was a nice looking Silver Sequoia that the wench was driving.

Craig

16. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

SUV's are dangerous no matter who is driving them if the person can't control it or is too busy doing other things than paying attention to the road. A sticker has nothing to do with it. It's just the way people are sometimes. I do not attend C3 and don't plan to as I am happy where I am at church. But let me tell ya, some of the people I go to church with can't handle SUV's either. So it's not just C3. And I can tell them that to their face so I'm not afraid to say it here. I drive a small car because I KNOW I won't handle and SUV very well. And I'm also guilty of being on the phone and driving too. Not as much now since my phone is off due to............no $$$ at this time...:oops: BUT ALAS!! This too shall pass!!! LOL

Now, from what I'm reading, it would seem that people are "judging" the people at C3 for the church as a whole, driving, attitudes or whatever (the place has been put through the ringer, no one can argue that). Now, if or when, anyone from there has got on here and said their piece, they are automatically labeled as being judgmental...or radical. Well, in essence, aren't the ones who are doing it being just as judgmental? I mean, how is that right? So, it's ok for them to be judged but when they say their piece in their defense, it's not ok. That does not add up....sorry. And if you look at the posts and replies, it's exactly that.

Two wrongs don't make a right. You're just as bad if you do the same thing you don't like for others to do to you.

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I dunno, I file my taxes using TurboTax.com and as soon as I key in my charitable donations, my return increases by that amount. So, in essence I am getting that money back - right? I'm pretty sure that is how it has worked in the past. Don't quote me, well you might so you can answer my question and we don't get confused as to who you are talking to...

18. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

No, you do not get back the entire amount. Your taxable income is reduced by that amount (assuming you have more itemized deductions than the amount of a standard deduction). So how much your refund increases depends on what tax bracket you are in. For example, if your marginal tax rate is 15%, you will get back 15% of that donation.

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was wondering if I remembered that correctly!!

Thanks for the clarification.

20. GarnerGirl2000

i was NEVER judging those people for having a sticker just making an observation! i thought it was random that i have seen about 3 wrecks now and the cars that have all but caused them have been people with c3 stickers! and yes craig, that was one of the ones i saw!