C3..you couldn't post a notice??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

2. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Funny how religion brings out the bigotry in people! Here we live in the Bible Belt during the period of the year when we give the most thanks and a thread like this evolves! Says a lot about our society IMO.

3. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

Oh you people and your church "issues". Good Lord, people... If it had been a local bar or strip joint doing the event NO ONE would have had an issue even if it was for the natives living in the jungles of Peru... And EVERYONE would have known cause they pay more attention to those places doing stuff then they would a church event.

I think "church" itself SCARES people so much they call some of them a cult so they can justify their own fear of it.

Get a grip.............

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

you tell em,,

5. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Totally Agree!

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Gandhi

"So the moral of this story is: Who are you to judge?
    There's only one true judge, and that's God
    So chill, and let my Father do His job"- Salt N Pepa

It's hard not to judge. Its in our nature but we should practice not to. I'm guilty, heck we all are especially on boards like this.

What I do know is that C3 has helped charities both near and far. Kids in JoCo schools that otherwise wouldn't have school supplies or Christmas gifts have benefited from the hundreds of families that attend C3 that give their time and money to God through that church.

Families have been brought together, there has been a lot of healing of hearts by God that happened in that big building by the teaching of the Bible and gathering of believers there. There have also been a lot of hurt feelings along the way, and people have left for various reasons including believing the rumor mill that runs rampant around here...some that are half truths and many rumors that are completely false.

If you don't believe in God (or maybe even if you do)...I'm sure I'll get witty and sharp dig responses here ...but I challenge you who have scornful feelings towards C3, to at least stop to think that God has used that building to work on some folks in this community to draw them closer to Him. Whether those folks stay or go, its a part of the journey they were meant to take. Call it a cult or drinking the koolaid but I think its one tobacco field that has been put to good use and caused more GOOD than harm.

IMHO of course!

6. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

This happened 4 days ago and you people are still griping over it?

Nice way to spend your free time. Just remember, you never get these minutes back!

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Haven't really seen any local bars/strip clubs holding events for anything other than semi-local charities. People who tend to visit those types of places have a tendancy to give more and complain less when what is being supported is closer to home such as Toys for Tots events in the area are for the Eastern NC region.

Personally I'm all for helping people, just let the help start at home with those who need it.

8. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

This is what upset me so bad when the hurricane hit New Orleans. We had our own folks in Western NC who got flooded out and losthomes but no mention on the news. Everything went to NO. The last time I checked we don't have any type of embargo with Haiti. With it being next door to the Dominican Republic why don't they eveolve into a tourist attraction like the DR? Same Island...Same Sand. Just wondering.

9. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Just wondering, does C3 still have the Sheriff's Dept on Sundays directing traffic around the area, and do they pay the Sheriff's Dept for that service, since they are not taxpayers?

Since they don't pay taxes, do they have to pay the State anything for closing down a road for a fundraiser?

10. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

Are you saying state income taxes maintain the roads? I honestly have no idea what taxes get used for what. I was under the impression the taxes on gasoline went to the roads. I would also add do non profits become exempt from paying property taxes? I would also add, since the traffic directing could also be viewed as a service to all the people attending the church, those people do all pay taxes, so......

11. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Welcome to America's Mt Olympus society. It's what happens when Gods war over sheep.

12. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Yes...churches are exempt from property tax on church-use property. Of course if a nightclub has to have additional law enforcement for security or traffic control they have to pay for it...so would think a church would have to also....I've just never been part of a congregation big enough to need traffic control so would only be guessing on that.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree: Happy Holidays to all!

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

To play the Devil's advocate here....so did Jim Jones, The Branch Davidian, and Charles Manson.

15. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

You beat me to it.

16. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

I don't go to this church and really don't have much knowledge about it, but it seems you do!

Could you please enlighten us as to how it relates to any of the three you've mentioned? How does it differ from other churches in our community? No kidding, there are some of us that would really like to know what's so scary about them?

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

18. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

These big churches remind me of Jim and Tammy Bakker. I visited New Hope and could not believe what I was seeing. Guess I am used to when I was younger and churches were small and intimate.

Sherry

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!

Quit standing outside of the church, judging....step inside one....

:roll: