Capriccio 42-Now Open

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4042man, Jun 25, 2009.

1. bout2bmarried

bout2bmarried Active Member

Be warned never ever send food back to kitchen. Just letting you know if you have problem with dirty utensils never send nothing back

2. rhw7879

rhw7879 Well-Known Member

Food

Tonight we tried this new restaurant... Of course like many.. I was alittle concerned about it's food and cleanliness. When we entered the place, I noticed they had a 90, which is barely an "A" Normally, this normally doesn't bother me, but a new restaurant. (little concerned)

Anyway, we started off with the california roll -which was very good. I had the chicken marsala, pretty good. I wish that they used less marsala wine and maybe provided some bread with the meal. My friend got a pizza, he stated that it was good.

We sat on the italian side which was dead. The sushi side had more tables and looked busy. Now I wish that we sat on that side. Nevertheless, the restaurant was decent. I wish that it was more crowded and I hope that it survives.

3. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

The outside appearance is enough to keep me from trying it. Being from a family that was in the food business a grade of 90 is not good. We do not eat out often because most restaurants are just plain nasty. I agree 'do not send anything back.' Eat it if you can or just refuse it and do not return. Give this place a year at most. Bad reviews and it is a new establishment. People think they can run a place like this and be successful. JMHO Pat

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

So did I! Our location had roaches and sometimes they crawled right through the ice cream. And do you think we threw it away after that . . . nope. We weren't allowed to.

I have never been back to that location in over 22 years. Yuck.

5. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Thankfully, we never had problems with roaches!!! Yuck is right. And was that around here? I'll avoid it. :ack:

6. Cakedec

Cakedec Guest

I almost just puked in my mouth after reading this!

7. seabee

seabee Guest

Geez thanks... :ack::ack::ack:

8. michelle

It was in Raleigh at the Tower Shopping Center. I bet the guy that used to run it is dead by now. Hopefully there are new owners who are more sanitary :lol:

9. michelle

Lol, maybe that was a chocolate chunk . . . or maybe it wasn't :jester:

10. seabee

seabee Guest

rocky road... :lol::lol:

11. michelle

Where's the puke smiley when you need it?

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Don't know about the more sanitary or not...but since I worked in that area over the past 12 years, its been several ice cream shops and now it is a ice cream shop/coffee cafe.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

mmmmmm, Garlic Chicken Old World Style Pizza last nite was delicious from C4042:hurray:

14. n4tcp

n4tcp Active Member

Tried - Really...

Went to Capriccio's with the family for two reasons... 1st to support local business. Second because I was excited about having a Sushi restaurant so close.

Sorry to report - sushi wasn't fresh (nor even remotely good), steak was thin,overcooked and tough. And to top it off - it was expensive!

Afraid we won't be going back <deep sigh>..... and I had high hopes

15. Yarn Queen

Yarn Queen Member

Excellent meal

Just had dinner at Cappricio 42 and thoroughly enjoyed! Sushi was wonderful --- and then we ordered the old world pizza, with a couple of extra toppings and that was great, also.
    After reading through the history of this thread, we were concerned. But, we were very happy with the food and service this evening. And, to be honest with you all, the price is within reason (compared to Raleigh, Cary, etc.) And to top it off, we drove 4 miles! This is a no-brainer to us.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

thank you

17. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Finally the details of their 90.5 Sanitation grade are available. They did not receive 2 points for the training course. ===================================

Restaurant Ratings :: Johnston :: C :: CAORICCIO 42 :: 07-14-2009

Date: 07-14-2009
    Score: 90.50
    Comments: NOT OBSERVED
    Comments: CORRECTED DURING INSPECTION Opened bottle of water in freezer on food, plate of watermelon (bite out of it) by the clean dishes/drying area. No eating in the kitchen! Keep beverages away from food storage and prep areas.
    Comments: Spagetti sauce and frozen raw beef sitting on seafood sink drainboard while dirty rags soak in sink. Frozen raw chicken at vegetable sink and never wash or soak dirty rags at eather sink. Thaw foods in the appropriate sink under cold running water, in cooler, as part of the cooking process or in microwave if going to immediately cook. Do not thaw foods by sitting out at room temperature.
    Comments: CORRECTED DURING INSPECTION No sanitizer solution available in kitchen. A solution of 50 ppm chlorine was made in a spray bottle. Keep available and use: Use all work areas between and before use.
    Comments: CORRECTED DURING INSPECTION Keep all hot foods 135 f or above. Various foods in hot holding equipment not at proper temperature, reference chart on page 1. Items reheated or discarded.
    Comments: CORRECTED DURING INSPECTION Pizzas and garlic in oil sauce cannot be left out at room temperature for any extended period of time. Must be held in coolers at 45 f or below. Make sure all foods in the open top prep cooler can hold 45 f or below. Items discarded.
    Comments: NOT APPLICABLE
    Comments: Scoop for rice in standing water. Keep on a clean dry surface if not in product.
    Comments: Lots of boxes and old unused equipment & furniture outside of restaurant. Remove and keep dumpster lid closed.
    Comments: No Documentation of Approved Training - No Credit Awarded
    Comments: GENERAL COMMENT Provide thermometers in all coolers.
    Comments: GENERAL COMMENT Do not use cloths under the cutting boards.

18. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I had the pizza lunch today & it was good :) I will go back :)

19. roca1216

roca1216 Well-Known Member

I am in the food buisness and thats bad but I have never heard of not using cloths under the cutting boards. You do that so that the boards will not move and you cut your hand off.

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Do they have any q-pons yet for lunch OR dinner? :?