Charlies BBQ

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MamaApe, Aug 10, 2009.

1. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

I order the green beans every time as one of my sides. Nuttin' better than a pot of green beans with pork bits and sugar:lol: Also love the red skin potato salad and the onion rings. Oh my, I could eat my weight in those things....D.E.L.I.S.H.

2. snapper

snapper Well-Known Member

I have not been there but my wife has. The food is good. She said that Charlie is really nice. She was waiting for a few min and had not been served and Charlie saw her just standing there. He apologized for her waiting a while and gave her an extra BBQ Sandwich and fries due to the wait. He didn't have to do that. Most folks wouldn't but I sure appreciated it.

3. englishbullymom

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Best onion rings I've had in a long time are at McKinley's. Not sure what makes them good, but they are alot tastier than any of the other places I've had around here.

5. englishbullymom

Hmm, I can only assume they are beer battered and so it could be whatever beer they use. I mean, beer makes everything better right?:cheers:

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

You are so right

7. areynolds00

areynolds00 Guest

Went to Charlies tonight, they have some of the best BBQ I've had in a very long time. Onion rings, sweet potato chips and the hush puppies are awesome. Not to mention Charlie came over to chat with us, he is a very nice man. This will be a weekly place from now on.

8. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Yummy! I can't wait to try this place!! Thanks!

9. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Must be the sugar that I didn't like, then. I don;t think I've ever ahd sugar in green beans (well, other than Charlie's LOL!)

I will ahve to try out the onion rings if I can work it in my diet plan. I love me some good rings!

10. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

ok... so the son's and I tried Charlies last night and WE LOVE THE BBQ.

I've never had BBQ with the sweet taste and the green beans are so yummy.

Boys loved the french fries as well....

Customer service is hands down good ole southern hospitality.

11. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

Love the BBQ...

Picked up lunch there yesterday. Charlie made it a point to speak to me and remembered me and where I worked even though I had not been in there for a while. This place is extremely close to my house, but often forget about him as I pass all the francised places on the way home as well. Making a personal committment to patronize this locally-owned business more often.

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

BUMP
    and for the fellow DEAL Seekers out there - you cannot beat the single scoop of the HOME MADE GREAT Chicken Salad + water for lunch --- it's under $3.00 total!!!

Woot for a DEAL- Thank you, Charlie!!!

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

We went tonight for the first time - it was awesome! Had bbq chicken plates and sampled the pulled bbq and beef brisket, all were delicioso! Also tried the butter pecan cake - very good! :mrgreen:

14. cjcarden

cjcarden Guest

Charlie's BBQ & Grille Thanks its Customers

Kim and I appreciate each of our customers (our extended family members) for patronizing the restaurant during the past 19 months. We wish for each of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year! Kim and I will continue to work extremely hard to achieve your trust as we will endeavor to provide you with quality service and delicious food! Charlie & Kim Carden:)

15. cjcarden

cjcarden Guest

Christmas & New Year's Hours

Charlie's BBQ & Grille will close for Christmas: 24, 25, & 26 and it will close for the New Year celebration: 31 December & January 1st. Visit us on the Web at: www.charliesbbqandgrille.org

Thanks!:)

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm thinking I'm coming to see you for lunch today. :cheers:

17. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

AND... if you go to their website, there is a $1 coupon!!

:mrgreen:

18. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I just mentioned to someone today that I it had been too long since I had any of your BBQ, I will def see you soon :)

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So, I did make it for lunch today and it was really good. We had the pork and the brisket. Had the leftovers for dinner, there was so much food in there. Charlie was super nice, the restaurant is immaculate and the food was excellent. Will go back for sure.:cheers: Oh, and we liked those sweet potato chips too! 8)

20. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I like Charlie and Kim, but the greasy BBQ doesn't like me. At one time I could eat it, but no more.