Checked out new pizza place - Cleveland Pizza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blessed2adopt2, Jul 20, 2010.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I didn't realize they were advertising themselves as an "italian restaurant".

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well the last time I checked Pizza was not in any of these categories (though some of them try to make pizza):
    Chinese, Mexican, Southern, Korean, Asian, Fast, Indian, Japanese, Steakhouse, Supper club, Ice cream, Buffet, and the list goes on.

And when it use to be Grand Street Pizza they did carry eggplant Parmesan.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Well... I guess the new owners reserved the right to eliminate items that they didn't see as profitable enough to keep the ingredients on hand for.

IMNSH(Italian)O... just because a place sells pizza doesn't make it an italian restaurant, maybe thats a southern stereotype of pizza places. I can rattle off many pizza & sub shops that I've frequented in my life and wouldn't call them italian. The best is actually one you left out, greek. I used to live around the corner from 2 great greek sub shops, and they made incredible pizza. There were no parm. subs (eggp., veal or chicken) on the menu, they had spag. & meatballs, but a different recipe than what I would consider being Italian. I certainly don't consider Domino's italian since they added a chicken parm sandwich to their menu. As much as I like 3 Olives and think they have good pizza, I don't consider them an italian restaurant. Their other dishes are geared more to middle-eastern or greek (Kabob platters & greek salads). I think if American Hero did pizza'a they would be outstanding! But, I wouldn't call them italian restaurant either, they have spag. & meatballs, lasagna, etc.... but those boys definitely are middle-eastern and they do a great gyro. Greeko's does pizzas, DEFINTELY not italian, but good none the less.

To me, it also has to go to the validity & authenticity of the hands making the food as well. Call me stuck-up or biased in that respect, but I'm not sure how italian I consider food made by the mexicans in the kitchen. That does come from my having been able to go to the North End in Boston anytime and being immersed in total Italian food stores, restaurants & pizza places. My grandparents always took us to the italian area in Worcester to shop and eat and alot of those places are still there, run by the next generations of family. That is what I miss down here, so many places are here today, gone tomorrow.

Anyways.... done with the little rant now :jester:

(and I'm hungry for pizza!!)

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

And I reserve the right not to go there just for pizza, If its pizza I want its Vernero's I go.