cholesterol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for sites, advice, pm's, etc. I'm going into regular doc today & will have a big discussion on this issue for sure. I'm going to do my best to work on it w/out meds. We'll see. I do have not so great hereditary health & do keep that in mind. But, I'm already on beta blockers(not for heart but anxiety) and bp meds(lowest dose possible--doc calls it a nothing dose--LOL). I don't want to be on anymore and want to get off these to begin with. I re-read all the labels and sure enough, much hidden cholesterol in there. Talking the advice of someone on wheat pitas instead for my veggie fajitas. Almonds will be added even though I hate those. I have read all weekend and have discovered there are many, many side effects to these drugs that I don't really care to endure if I can at all help it. I mean sever leg pain would mean not be able to exercise & that kind of defeats the purpose of being heart healthy. Lots to discuss w/ doc today. Thanks again for taking the time to write & give me some web addresses.

stephanie--mom to 7