Christmas Angels 2009

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Nov 2, 2009.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

HG, got your message yesterday....busy busy day! Thank you for meeting that 4042'er and picking up the donations. I'll get with you later to pick them up!

Ok people, we're two weeks out from the deadline and we're in sad shape.

Donations have been slim this year, and I'm starting to doubt whether we'll really be able to help these families or not....

2. :cry: Do you think at least one whole family be helped?

3. JenniferK

At this point.....I don't even have enough donations for ONE family....

:(

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

IF you can talk, call me.

5. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Its on the home page now - so maybe that will help. :)
    I may try to get something - we're also helping families at our church, so not sure if I can do both....

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Jenn, I'm still planning to fix up baskets of food & household items for each family like we discussed. I will also have some school supplies I can toss in if you want them (might make good stocking stuffers).

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

What's the deadline for donations again? I know things are tight all around this year, but I'm still hoping we'll be able to help these families to have a nice Christmas.

8. harleygirl

Here ya go KDS. :grouphug:

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Thanks! I thought it was getting close.

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Things are ultra-tight this year, with the divorce and my hours being cut with another mandatory furlough ... but when I stop for just a second and think of all the other ways that I am SO blessed ... I'll do everything I can to help!! Pass it on, people!

I dont have a clue when it comes to buying kids' clothes ... would you suggest gift certificates that you can use to then go shopping, or give to the parents to go shopping with? Let me see what I can trim out of the budget. I wish I'd seen this sooner, coulda started saving sooner. I need to get back to surfing 4042.com more often!! ;)

Carol

11. JenniferK

Elims, gift cards are just fine.

And if you don't know where to buy them from, you can paypal me cash, and we'll include the amount in the larger gift cards we give the parents.

Whatever you can give will be appreciated. It all adds up

12. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Jen, please PM me your email again so I can paypal you, thanks!

13. harleygirl

Here ya go MamaApe :hurray:

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree:

15. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Can someone who is available on Saturday sometime PM me and arrange to meet over in the 4042 area for me to give a monetary contribution?? Maybe to help get some groceries or something?? Please let me know!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i will be around on Sat if u need and i live right up from Jen so will be easy to get to her.:cheers:

17. harleygirl

I can meet you pretty much anywhere.

Sandy 796-5284

18. JenniferK

Glad to see the elves stepping in....

Saturday is bad for me, but it sounds like Kaci or HG can meet you.

Thank you...

19. lori-beth

lori-beth Well-Known Member

I've been a lurker here for a long time but this is something that finally got me to register.

My family would like to help out with this, please tell me if one family has not had any donations yet, we would like to pick a family from the list and make sure that they each get gifts. also do you want them wrapped? how do we tag them?

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Jen - check your paypal. :)