City BBQ is now open, with grand opening on June 27th

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Jun 16, 2015.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

and Panera!

Rockyv58 likes this.
  2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I wonder when they are going to start building the hotel

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Haven't heard back from y'all Sirputz about the Taste of Cleveland, are you still interested in being part of it?

5. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Sheetz is coming to White Oak. Same section as Zaxby's, Red Robin, Panera. They need a gas station there.

6. jesse82nc

Is that what you are saying they need? Or what Garner has actually approved?

7. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

My boss never answered me about it....

8. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

from a facebook site that is accurate.

[​IMG]

Garner, NC: A Great Place to Be!
    15 hrs ·

Breaking new straight from the mouth of Rich Barta (CORE Properties) - Blaze Pizza is coming to White Oak! Longhorn is set to open by Sept 21! On the west side, Zaxbys, Red Robin, Panera and Sheetz are all coming!!! ‪#‎GarnerConnect

9. jesse82nc

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

We dined again tonight at City Barbecue. "More Cowbell" sandwich is excellent. Brisket, topped with peppers and onions, smoked provolone and creamy horseradish sauce on Texas toast. They forgot to ring the cowbell though. LOL

11. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I hope you demanded free food for a year. :)

12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We were in last week and they didn't ring it for our order either.

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

The times I've either ordered or seen someone order the cowbell they would ask the person ordering if they wanted to ring the bell. The staff didn't just do it cause you ordered it.

14. gcoats3

It's no big deal. But they have never asked anyone in our party if they wanted them to ring the bell when we ordered the "cowbell". We just assumed this must be a signature celebration/thank you for ordering this menu item at all City Barbecue locations. Whatever, it is a good sandwich.

15. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Anyone know when Panera is coming? My mom keeps asking me...

16. jesse82nc

I have been trying to get that information as others keep asking me as well lol. Best I can ascertain is That they should be completed grading around Thanksgiving and Panera should break ground by the end of the year and open a couple months after that. Of course, weather around that time of year could cause all kinds of delays.

17. Romeo

Romeo Active Member

Ribs just about as good as Charlie's! Brisket is dry. I like Ruby's Moist Brisket (TX, NM & CO).:)
    But my wife things that City BBQ is the best in the area.;)

18. gcoats3

Well why not just jump in your jet and get some good brisket.

19. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Lol

20. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Acutally, it's supposed to allow the boards guys a heads up to throw those peppers and onions on the grill and get them sautéed so the food comes out as fast as possible. But it's also a gimmick. Unfortunately, one of the management gets annoyed with the ringing of the cowbell and has since either hidden them while on shift, or forbidden us to ring it.
    With the allowance of modifications to any meal, it would be a waste if someone would only want peppers but no onions in their More Cowbell, because the Boards personnel would have to pick through the mixture.
    I've suggested two separate containers to make it easier for custom orders, but to no avail.