Clayton (and area) Haunted Houses?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

A post from GarnerGirl2000 prompted me to create a new thread.

What haunted houses are there around here (Halloween events, not the real ones)?

I remember a few years back they had the "Clown House" over where Hwy 70 and Bus 70 meet. It was pretty good, but (as far as I know) it was only the one year.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Of course the Fear Farm on Loop Road, but ya'll don't need to scream so loud, it's disturbing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

4. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

well since they freak me out I wont be attending but I know there is that one in Clayton "Fear Farm" and there is one in Cary behind Dairy Queen but I cant think of the name of it, and then the Raleigh Jaycees do one but they change the location each year.

5. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Are you looking one for your own entertainment or for your children? If its for you to go by yourself, I would suggest a real haunted house NOT a kiddie one because, nothing stranger than the grown -up walking around spying on the kids playing on Halloween. If its for your kids/ grandkids Kens corn maze or something similar there are different ones out there.

6. Clif

Clif Guest

I'm looking for both. I have three grandkids who didn't like the haunted forest (at Clayton Community Park), but didn't mind the haunted tractor ride at the Fear Farm.

As for a more mature haunted house, I do like to go without the grandkids too.

What I meant in my first post about "Halloween events, not the real ones", I was referring to the haunted houses that always pop up this time of year, rather than Mr. Johnson's old shack down the road that the neighbours say is haunted.

7. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Oh, I thought at first you meant you were scared of the real haunted houses . Then I forgot you had grandkids thought you might look a little strange walking around by yourself at a kiddie place.You know how you always see two old men at chuckie cheese eating and staring at the kids and they have no kids with them. Or the ones who watch the lil ones play at McDonalds play ground( and they have no kids but like to watch other people's children) they make all us parents think possible pedophile. Didn't want you to get labeled or anything.

8. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Tell you what....

I'll just open up my house and let my boys show you their rooms. That ought to scare anyone!

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

My youngest thinks it's perfectly acceptable to "clear a path". :evil:

10. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

lol thats funny!

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And the problem is??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Come to my house right now!

12. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

There is a Halloween Haunted House on Hwy 42, before Willow Spring. I hear its good. And a heck of a lot less expensive than Clayton.

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

In talking with several people who attended the Phear Farm last year ( http://www.claytonfearfarm.com/ ) the admission fee is well worth the experience, if you are into that sort of stuff.

Craig

14. southerngal39

southerngal39 Well-Known Member

Me and a few friends are going to both Clayton Phear Farm and the Haunted House on 42. Its been yearssssssssss since I've been to any and I'm actually looking forward to it lol.

15. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I've never been. Those ticket prices are expensive. It would cost us $100 for our family of four to go and do everything. Shoot, I just spent $74 for 4 fair tickets and 6 ride books for the kiddo's so might not be able to go this year. Still got to buy halloween costumes to.

16. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

We can't wait to go to the Fear Farm. We went last year (actually, I won tickets on the scratch and win here!)...and we had a blast.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I did too, but didn't go. DH & DS enjoyed it though. I don't like being scared! :mrgreen: They are busy as bees over there, I believe it was supposed to open tonight, but I don't hear the screaming, etc. yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Does anyone know more about this one? Prices,etc?

19. FamilyOfFive

FamilyOfFive Well-Known Member

House of Horror

I just signed on to ask the same questions about the House of Horror. I read that last year it was $5.00 to get in but I was wondering about the age limit. A lot of the events say 12 and older but I was curious if anyone new what the recommended ages were for this particular place?

20. FamilyOfFive

FamilyOfFive Well-Known Member

My husband just popped in over there to get the prices. 13 and under is $5.00 and everyone else is $10.00 and it's $2.00 extra for the hayride.