Clayton Christmas Parade

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Nov 21, 2009.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

ok, here's the 411 on the clayton parade and the candy. first of all, it's going to be a good size parade with nearly 200 entries. candy can not be thrown from any moving vehicle including floats. if the people on a float get off of it and walk beside it, they can throw candy. the clayton 5-0 will be enforcing this year, as last year was new and sort of a warning year...

word is it was just kinda getting out of hand, too many kids darting into the street, and even a couple of moms who got into a fistfight over it 2 years ago.

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Why does this not surprise me?

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I saw that happen. I couldnt tell if they were Moms or teenagers. They were throwing down and rolled right up almost under a float. Clayton's finest took care of it.
    Then there was the year a float full of kids almost got hit by a train. They used to start at the opposite end, and got backed up on the tracks by the post office. That was really scary. Would have been OK with me never to have the parade again after that. Reversing the direction has given them control over it.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Anyone here ever go to the Circus Parade up in Milwaukee?

Used to have an annual parade with all the old circus wagons parading through the streets (Ringling Brothers still has their museum in Baraboo, Wisconsin where it was founded).

As a kid I was with my Mother watching the parade when one of the horse teams got out of control and eventually went into the crowd with one horse falling on my Mother and another woman, fortunately my Mom was OK but the woman next two her broke her back.

I didn't go to another parade until I was an adult, even those hold no fascination for me.

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Probably because the vendors pushing cotton candy and other treats complained. It always seems that money is the root of motivation to create new rules. Every year that we've gone, I've seen folks sharing with others because of the abundance of candy. Having the Clayton Police watching parade entries to enforce a "no candy throwing" rule seems a bit harsh. I think the candy is what makes the Clayton Parade myself. If they cut it out entirely, I won't be surprised to see attendance suffer.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Nothing surprises me anymore. There was a woman at at AL parade the other day swiping candy out from under Thing I and passing it to her husband to eat. Jerks.

7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i'm a little more inclined to believe that it's the safety issue thing, rather than some nefarious sidewalk-capitalist-pig conspriacy for profits, but maybe that's just me...

and who goes to a christmas parade just for the candy?

8. Cleopatra

My girls don't run out in the street for the candy, but the candy is a big deal to them. Anybody can tell you there is no candy in my house except for Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Easter. Oh, and Parades. :) Thing I just stood there and watched her in awe as did I with a subtle stinkeye.

9. sacks? :lol: Is this something PRM knows about?

10. Cleopatra

Merry Christmas Papa Bear!

[​IMG]

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

OMG!!!! :lol::lol::lol: That's awesome.

12. Cleopatra

That's a stocking, for his third leg - not a Santa hat. :cool:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

lmao!

14. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

did it save as a jpeg or bitmap?

you may have to open and paste in Paint, then save as bitmap and then you should be able to use it

15. Cleopatra

Let me shrink it to the right size (get rid of the white borner) and email it to you, ok?

OK, you got a gif(t) in your email.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  16. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Awesome Cleo!!!

17. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You've got mail.

18. Cleopatra

I fixed it.

[​IMG]

19. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I don't think PRM will appreciate shrinkage. :lol:

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Your avatar reminds me of my childhood. We used to get nuts and oranges in our stocking.