Cleveland Draft House to Open in Clayton!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, May 1, 2013.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

RE: McKinleys...............You shouldn't have to "know" somebody to get good service. I don't go often, last time we did, it was fine, our waitress was great, but new. And I think that's why it was ok. We've been before and got treated like dog crap on the bottom of the waitress's shoe. It was years before I darkened their door. I don't expect royal treatment, just basic service.

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

But they will expect ROYAL size tips for their crap service, trust me.

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

IS the Cleveland Draft House still assoc with the others "draft houses" in Wake County

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

No

5. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I wasn't going to mention Howard's name...but yes...I guess it has been more than a few months by now.

6. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

just sayin if you get Barbara for example the service will be great. i know that because i always ask for her.

some of them are terrible, i agree. but i tip pretty damn well so they all come running when i get there....but they earn it too.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Barbara is great unless you happen to be in the middle of your meal when she gets off. When the clock hits 8:00 she's cashing out and heading home, you're on your own at that point.

It's hit ior miss, but I don't have much trouble with the rest of them. If we're hungry and they have a line of people waiting for tables, we just go somewhere else because we know it will be a while.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

OK... so I couldn't help but look at the latest internet reviews / ratings of McKinleys... and this totally validates why Clayton needs a better sports bar.

The first review was from about a month ago.... really?????? BTW if anyone can steal me that paddle she mentioned, I'd pay for you for it! The persons who made it for them would like it back. It hangs above the bar area, behind the tv's on the cross-section. Its the thicker one thats made of black walnut and has "McKinleys" with a couple of shamrocks carved into it.

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3717316149/mc-kinleys-restaurant--pub-clayton

Thank You Cleveland Draft House for coming to the rescue, you can't get here soon enough!

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  9. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Dont be surprised if the Draft House does not come to Clayton. Clayton is not an easy entity to deal with. There is a reason more restaurants are not here.

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I hear 4 restaurants, all pretty substantial operations, are in the works. I wonder how many will make it to fruition??? :?

OH.....AND the Char Grill. That would make 5. :)

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just read in an article that CharGrill is supposed to break ground in the next couple of weeks.

:hurray:

12. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

where are they looking to put the CharGrill?

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I've worked within walking distance of Char Grill in downtown Raleigh for 15 years and I can count how many times I've been there on one hand. I guess the thought of it coming closer to home doesnt excite me. At least it's a report of something opening and not closing down. Jobs for teenagers are a bonus.

14. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Me neither. Not excited. Jobs are good, but all in all, would have rather had a Cook Out. 8)

But that's just me.....

15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You already drive by a Cook-Out atleast twice a day! :p

Char-Grill is supposed to be going over by the Bank America and the car wash on 70 in the Lowes Food plaza.

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

I am excited about cdh opening in Clayton, they are going to have a private room in that one and that is something this area is lacking. Looking forward to some great bookclub meetings there when they open.

17. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Town of Clayton Planning Board approved Cleveland Draft House site plan tonight.

18. 42Local

42Local Well-Known Member

The Clubhouse recently expanded their seating area and opened a semi-private room. It has lots of seating with some space to move around, and was great for an adult birthday gathering.

19. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

+1

20. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

:hurray: :cheers: