Cleveland Draft House

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Feb 24, 2009.

1. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Does the smoke bother you if you're in the dining area or just the bar? Just wondering....not trying to start an argument because I've never noticed in the dining area.

Yes...the bar area...can't stand it

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We've been on weekday nights and weekend nights. When it's crowded in the bar, the smoke flows into the dining area.

If they don't have smoke removers/scrubbers, they need them. If they have them, they need to be turned on. If they're turned on and it's still this bad, the filters need cleaning.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

what he said. :mrgreen:

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Funny, because I can't stand smoke, and I go to the Draft House everyweekend for the dining section and I never smell the smoke. You must be very sensitive to smoke. PS, I LOVE the Draft House also. Always seated right away and food is delicious.

5. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

We stopped going to the Draft House because of the smoke. It isn't too bad once you get to the dining side, but you have to walk through the smoke to get there. Last time I went, I waited outside for my table b/c the smoke was so bad in the foyer. Had that smell in my clothes and hair for the rest of the night.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Golden Corral is no smoking:jester:

7. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

hey girl! You getting out tonight? we will be there (draft house not golden corral:lol: with kitty Kat and her DH

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

don't know, will check w/DH - sounds like a good possibility:cheers: Is it a special occasion or anything?

9. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

Nope nothing special just going out for a beer! I havent gotten out since Friday.:cheers:

10. soulshine

soulshine Well-Known Member

Yep, it sure is, IT'S WEDNESDAY!

11. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

i don't go very often because of the smoke. Even if you want the no smoking section you have to wait in the lobby. The smoke is overwhelming sometimes. One time we couldn't stand it so we walked out. I hope the no smoking bill passes.

12. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

I hope not! I am not a smoker but do you realize how many businesses would be hurt by that? Not a smart move at all.

13. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

They did it in New York and it didn't hurt nothing! People still got to eat and drink man.....

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Also in Florida and Mass. as well.

Craig

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I'll be one teed of person! :boxing:

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll give you a plastic cup for your alcoholic beverage so you can step outside to smoke, thats how they do it in Massachusetts. Plenty of bars and restaurants managed to survive when that bill passed. I want to say they passed that bill about 4 or 5 years ago.

Just out of curiosity, of the smokers here, do you smoke in your house? Or do you step outside?

17. harleygirl

Inside!
    Except in the spring, summer and fall. Then I like to go outside and see what's going on with the birds and critters and be a nosey neighbor. :lol:

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I lived in LA when they first passed no smoking in bars or restaurants. I was a smoker at the time. All my girls were too. we freaked out, of course. But what they did, and what they'll do to patronize the smokers here (when the non smoking in restaurants bill passes, and it will pass), is make a fancy outside smoking area for your enjoyment.

and the bars and clubs and restaurants were as packed as ever, no sign of lost revenue....even at the Rainbow Room where all the rock stars hung out....still was wall to wall people.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  19. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

When California led the effort to do this, the same compaint was lodged, that restaurants would lose so much money, tips would be down..generally the nonfactual chaos you allude to.

When they actually looked at the comparative data, it turns out that there ws lo loss at all.

Figure that a smoker who lights up after dinner to enjoy one, is actually tying up a table that much longer. Once people couldn't smoke at the table, they'd leave quicker, opening up the table for another customer. Faster turnaround = better availability of tables=more customers=better profits.

While not a randomized clinical trial or survey, most of the wait persons I asked before and after the ban, at least in the Monterey area where I lived, said they made more tips afterward and they "felt" healthier than when they were forced to endure 2nd hand smoke.

If the Draft House were to go smoking outside only, I believe they'd have a larger turnout at both the bar area and the dining room, as well. In this day and age of economic recession, I am amazed they haven't considered it.

20. harleygirl

I'll be there today for lunch.

Taking my rep out.