Cleveland Fire Dept Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mordorboy, Feb 7, 2011.

1. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

We have these signs posted at the entrance to Adam's Pointe. It did not stop the representative from knocking on our door.

2. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

So, maybe the original post had this information, but what is the difference in the Cleveland Fire Department and the Cleveland Firefighters Association?

The whole thing felt very "scammish" to me, so I didn't donate. Send me a solicitation in the mail with different giving levels and don't hard sell me for a donation.

3. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

you say the money goes to the firefighters association. What is the money used for? I like to know where my money is going, especially since I pay hundred of dollars in taxes that is allocated in the fire department budget every year

4. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

i have explained the difference between the FD and Association NUMEROUS times on this forum,,please do a search and if still have any questions,,PM me or call the station,,989-1909

5. nr4042

nr4042 Member

That's exactly the attitude that will prevent people from donating

6. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

I was thinking it, but felt no need to respond. Thanks.

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Really!?! You would let what you perceive as an attitude stop you from donating to a fundraiser that raises money to provide a service as important as fire and rescue? Don't forget that these men and women are mostly, if not all, volunteers that put their arses on the line every single day to save ours.

8. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

Just got a visit from the fundraisers for the 50/210 Fire Department. It must have been the same woman as Harvey encountered, as her cigarette smoke was sucked into my home immediately upon opening the door. Currently, we have our windows open and fan on in the living area to try to air the place out so our babies don't breathe it in. We donate every year but had to turn her away to keep any more smoke from getting in than had already been sucked in. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate. I plan to call the fire department tomorrow to let them know and to find out where to mail my donation.

Does the woman not realize or not care that her cigarette smoke is being sucked into people's homes?

9. Jubes

Jubes Well-Known Member

I have a sign on my door and they still come up.

10. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

WHy are they doing a fund drive when it says on your taxes...Fire and rescue?