"Cleveland Market" - Proposed Shopping Center on Cleveland Road near Fire Station

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Oct 28, 2015.

1. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Hey Rocky, I liked it when Mr. Scott tried to talk to the computer in the past. The guy told him to use the mouse instead. So Mr Scott talked into the mouse like a microphone. They were creating transparent aluminum for the aquarium. Nowadays Al is in alloy in bullet proof glass. Who knows?

Wayne Stollings and Rockyv58 like this.
  2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

They did have a private transportation study company come out and do a very in depth traffic study if I remember correctly from the paperwork I saw. I think it was like 20-30 pages long. So I would think that the DOT and County would take their word over a few residents in the area when it comes to that.

3. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I believe the designated Cleveland commercial hub, or "node" as they call it, is located where JCC and the DR Wells market is located, but I'm sure Jesse82nc would know the exact commercial delineation.

4. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

BTW, Food Lion is owned by the Delhaize Group, a European conglomerate located in Anderlecht, Brussels, Belgium, and operates retail food stores on seven continents. Food Lion originated here in North Carolina, but sold its interests to the Delhaize Group back in 1974. The Delhaize Group keeps a presence in Salisbury, NC, but Food Lion hasn't truly been a local grocery chain for many years. Given that information, it's doubtful that European conglomerate, Food Lion will listen to any concerns in our little Cleveland community. :( The good news is, Lowe's Foods is still locally owned!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  5. cynadon

Those darned Belgiums! Should of gotten Austin Powers to investigate this for us. No telling what we've gotten ourselves into.

poppin cork, DWK and Rockyv58 like this.
  6. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll give out free Belgian waffles and Brussel sprouts at the grand opening?

Hught likes this.
  7. cynadon

OK. Now that the Cleveland Food Lion MegaPlex is settled, maybe we can get to the important stuff.

1) is the pizza joint any good?
    2) is it China King or Happy Panda. Do they have a buffet?
    3) is my haircut level because I think her boobs were covering both ears when she cut my bangs

8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Well, it's not actually been settled, but Food Lion just announced that the new grocery store will be four stories tall and in the shape of a giant cow giving birth, to better reflect our rural culture. And to think they never cared......

Auxie, Rockyv58 and Hught like this.
  9. cynadon

if they really cared it would be shaped like a tobacco leaf.

Auxie, Rockyv58, DWK and 1 other person like this.
  10. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

or a CSX intermodal depot ......

Rockyv58, DWK and cynadon like this.
  11. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

They'll be landscaping with tobacco, sweet potatoes, and some of those sprouts from Brussels, so it's all good. ;)

12. cynadon

not much longer or they"ll be hard to find

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what other stores are going in there?

14. cynadon

medcap ?

15. Rockyv58

It would be great if they put a medical there. I hate the traffic by McDonalds. I hate spell check. I typed in Medicap and it changed it to medical.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  16. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

There's already a ton of medical on 42 by 70 by the hospital, including that new pharmacy/convenience store.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  17. Rockyv58

I hate spell check I had typed in Medicap and it changed it to medical.

18. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

I would hardly call a half dozen concerned citizens or so an outpouring of community disatisfaction. I feel like the county planning board was more than receptive to anyone who spoke at the meetings.

There was some concern over the age of the data produced in the traffic survey and whether it reflected several recent incidents.

The will be a light at the end of McLemore Rd. The plans were posted earlier in this thread IIRC.

cynadon likes this.
  19. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

NO TRESPASSING signs have been put around the whole perimeter by the Construction company!!! Good bye rural farmland! Hello Progress :) Am excited to have a food store closer than 40/42 and McGees :)

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

That is Beddingfield Drug, they moved from their location on Main St. in downtown Clayton. They had been on Main Street forever, and a day!