Computer Tech Job Available

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by Space Ghost, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost New Member

Hi everyone. I have been promoted and my company now has a vacancy for a computer technician. I work for Compucom Systems which is an IT provider for other companies. To my knowledge they have not advertised the job yet but my manager told me that if I knew someone who would be interested, to let him know. I can talk to him and see if he has a job description but I can give you the basics:

1. You should have at least an A+ cert. Anything above and beyond is highly desirable but not a necessity.

2. They prefer that you have at least two years experience as a break/fix tech.

3. You must have experience with Win7. The site where I currently work just underwent a migration from XP to Win7 and it did not go as smoothly as they hoped it would. You will be the break/fix tech for all Windows 7 issues.

4. You need to have a good amount of experience with network printers. The Win7 migration seems to have affected those the most.

5. Must should have experience imaging new PC's & re-imaging if necessary

6. You will be supporting approximately 200 people on site and about 20 who work off site.

7. The site is in RTP and it takes me an hour to get to work from JoCo. Just wanted you to know that upfront. Work hours are 8-5 M-F.

That's really the gist of the job. My last day is going to be September 5th and they want someone who can start as close to then as possible. My company does drug testing and criminal background check. The on-boarding process took me about a week.

If you have specific questions just let me know and I'll answer them as best I can. Thanks and good luck!!

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Darn I wish this had come out about 4 years ago before I started going back to school for health care. I came from the computer industry.