Contact Lens Question & Advice

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bren, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Well, I got my contacts a couple of weeks ago. The first ones I tried for 2 weeks and my vision seemed to get worse each day with them. My eyes tend to dry out quickly with them in. I got a different pair to try yesterday and I'm still having problems with everything being blurry.

I can see up close really well but my computer screen is blurry...by 2:00 each day I have to take them out because I can't make out any numbers at all. The Dr. gave me drops to use to keep my eyes moistened but that just makes them watery blurry. Is this common?? If I keep contacts will I have to sacrifice crisp vision for the convenience of seeing up close with no glasses? Also the ones I have now are the Proclear toric lenses. I really think the monovision has something to do with the blurry vision too.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Bren, i just got my new ones about a month ago and after trying about 4 different kinds i love these, they are so comfortable and do not dry my eyes out, i can see far away and close up and leave them in a week at a time and one pair can be used for a full month. gotta check the name when i get home but i will give you a call, from what i understand they are relatively new.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Monovision isn't for everyone. Some people can adapt while others find the newer multifocal lenses work better. The computer is a tricky thing because it's not really near or far vision-that's why the progressive lenses in glasses work so well for that. With contacts, some people find they have to go with distance contacts and then wear a prescription pair of "reading" glasses for the computer that adjust for the distance you are using. Don't get too discouraged though and don't feel bad about continuing to work with your doctor until you find something that suits your needs.

4. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Kaci, please do call and let me know.

LG1, thanks for all your help during this. I'm really having my doubts about this monovision. Both pairs have been monovision and it seems my complaints with both pairs are common with monovision. Vision is not clear...having a hard time with depth perception....when driving I can't tell clearly how far a car is from me when I need to pull out on the road and it's making me extremely cautious. I wait until I see no cars within sight before pulling out. :lol:

He wants me to wear them for 2 weeks, then I go see him again. I'll certainly wear them and keep an open mind but I really don't think these are going to work either. :cry: