Cornwallis and 42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bissielizzie, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

That is the staging area for the repaving DOT is doing. Storing vehicles there when not is use, I suppose.

2. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

The new Sheetz will be open next Thursday, September 5. I saw signed earlier today that said "Open in 6 Days".

3. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Looking back at the original plans for that site, there was suppose to be all kinds of small businesses out towards the intersection. It looks as though the plan has been flipped. We just hope we aren't getting another nail salon, Chinese food, etc.

4. lucky*p

lucky*p Member

There are a few parcels by the land at Sheetz at Cornwallis but I was told by the Sheetz Contractor that there was a gas line that needed to be moved and it was going to cost about $100k and nobody wants to pay to move it.

5. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

It's a shame that they didn't leave the trees etc. until someone was willing to invest that kind of money. Another example of the continued poor planning.

6. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

This past weekend I noticed some construction on the land behind the Sheetz at 42 and Cornwallis. Does anybody know what's going on there?

7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

It looked to me like they were doing something with underground utilities there. They also may be completing the exit lane for Sheetz on 42 West. The original plan called to make it about 50 feet longer.

8. jesse82nc

Looked like a large green pipe they were installing the other day. I think that is sewer.

WadeCorbett likes this.
  9. jesse82nc

So I think they are re-routing some utilities including a sewer line further away from the road. I think this is so that they can remove the large hill of dirt right next to the road and create better sight lines to the shopping center and to finish the turn lane going into Sheetz.