County Development Ordinance Changes

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WadeCorbett, Jul 27, 2016.

?

What do you think of banishing or slowing potential development in the county?

1. I agree. They should slow development.

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. I disagree. They should build more schools.

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. It's none of their business.

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. WadeCorbett

WadeCorbett Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, DOT is a reactive entity and not a pro-active entity. The reality is that the road system will always play catch up to the growth. Even if growth slows. Also, by not being an incorporated area, Cleveland is not at the top of the list for road improvements. For instance, 42E has been approved to be widened before 42W but 42W has a higher traffic count. Does anyone else find that interesting?

Pattie likes this.
  2. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

Where is lowes going? I didn't think they were building any more stores right now, from my understanding these remodels were a last ditch effort to save their brand. If Teeter came in across the street from Lowe's foods it would likely be the end of that Lowe's location, they do not compete well with Teeter anymore.

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

There was opposition, but I don't think it was the key factor for not moving forward. The larger problem was the lack of participation. You are relying on citizens with families, jobs, and other responsibilities to get it done. There was just not enough manpower. The County cannot help either, by law, I believe.

4. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

Last time I remember was about the time Archer Lodge was incorporating. They had there own troubles and the solution was to appoint a steering comittee. Unfortunately we have probably lost that knowledge base. I believe if we took another go at it we would need a similar organization. unfortunately the biggest hurdle has been choosing a name. Sad really... we could be so much more as our own entity.

Rockyv58 likes this.