Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

I have taken on a new project of couponing. Was just wondering if anyone knew of stores in the area that do double coupons and what days, etc... Thanks!

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about starting to clip coupons, etc. too....

All, where do you get them from? Besides Sunday's paper.

Thanks! :eek:

3. Looney Tunes

Looney Tunes Well-Known Member

I use coupons weekly and also "Terri's List" it's through a website called www.thegrocerygame.com, they will email you your grocery stores weekly sales and match up your collection of coupons to get the best deal. Currently, the only store in my area is Winn Dixie, my average grocery bill per week is $70 for a family of 4 and a dog. It's a blast and I just love seeing those coupons come off! Have fun!!!

4. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

5. Southernborn

Thanks for the info...I would join, but considering Winn Dixie is closing every store in NC....it won't do me any good, since they are the only ones that show up for the triangle area.

Anyone know of any others?

6. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

Harris Teeter is Fuquay Varina triples coupons up to $0.99. It's a lifesaver!! They only allow you 20 coupons per day. If you take your spouse, act like you are not together because they also limit it to per househould. The manager and I had a big blowout about this because this hasn't always been the policy. The policy changed and it is in fne print at the customer service desk.

7. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

I am going to start calling around to see, I guess.

8. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

Harris Teeter Fuquay- Double Coupon Day, everyday, only 20 coupons per household, Double on Coupons up to $.99

Kroger's Garner- Double Coupon Day, Everyday, unlimited Coupons, Double on Coupons up to $.50

Lowe's Clayton- Double Coupon Day, Everyday, unlimited Coupons, Order over $35 for doubling, Double Coupons up to $.60

9. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

coupons

I print coupons from smartsource.com. You have to register and they will send you an e-mail when new coupons are available. I have been using coupons my entire adult life and couldn't image shopping any other way! Have fun.

Paula

10. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

11. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

Harris Teeter (ALL) are tripling coupons up to $0.99 this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Just saw the ad on TV.

12. stabillski

stabillski Well-Known Member

keep using your coupons people,,,keeps me in my job...did yall know that one of your booklets in sundays paper come from right here in durham/rtp?

13. toadallyfruity

toadallyfruity Well-Known Member

Up until a few weeks ago they did triple to $0.99 every day. They have sadly changed that now to doubling to $0.99 ... with the exception of special sales.

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's bullshit! Everything we buy is so over priced anyway, I never see a coupon for Skim Milk which we drink a gallon a week for pete's sake! :?

15. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

This is one of my favorite topics! I teach couponing and smart spending classes here in this area including at JCC at the Ceveland Campus and Smithfield Campus, Wake Tech, and church and womens groups anywhere in the Triangle. I live here in the CLeveland area and have a little one Cleveland Elementary, so I know how to save using the stores we have available to us. I save over 50% on my groceries every week and have been for 5 years now. There are great deals out there if you are organized and disciplined - the D word!

I get coupons from lots of places but when I want multiples of the same coupons (which is pretty much every week), I order my coupons from www.thecouponclippers.com and have been for over 4 years. The site, run by a stay at home mom, is the most professional you will find. I have ordered from a few others, but they are not as reliable or professional.

If you want more info or have specific questions about couponing, I am happy to help, check out my website and send me an e-mail:

www.smartspendingandcouponing.com

(if I am not supposed to put my website here - please spare me the grief that others get at times and just let me know - I will gladly remove it :) )

Regarding Harris Teeter, they are tripling coupons this weekend (F-Sun) up to 99 cents. Most HT's will only let you use a max of 20 coupons per trip. The Fuquay store will only let you use 3 of any same coupon and a max of 20 coupons per trip. They used to limit multiples to 2 of the same coupon, but since they stopped tripling everyday all the time about 3 weeks ago, they now allow you to use 3 of an identical coupon. Now the Fuquay HT store only doubles coupons up to 99 cents like the rest of the HT's (except this weekend when they are tripling).

FYI - the Cary HT's will let you use as many of the same coupon as you would like up to the 20 max. AND they will let you use your 20 coupons and then put the stuff in your car and go back and use 20 more! :D The Fuquay store will NOT let you double or triple more than 20 coupons per day ever. They are really strict about it.

Beware of coolsavings.com - they send ALOT of e-mail spam not related to coupons. Smartsource.com is a good site for printable coupons but not every store accepts coupons printed from home printers anymore due to horrid fraud about a year ago.

Winn Dixie also doubles up to 50 cents and the Clayton store will be closed by Sept according to the gentleman I spoke with today. He did mention that he felt sure another grocery store would buy it and it would remain open under a new name. Hmmm, Whole Foods, maybe or even a Harris Teeter? I would LOVE a HT in Clayton!

Hope that helps and feel free to contact me for other couponing questions. Saving money is my passion and sharing the info on how to do it with as many people as I can is my goal! Sounds corny - but it's true.

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

As long as you are trying to help us save money, you go girl!!!! :D

17. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

FRUGALMOMOF2 - You go girl!!! Promote your stuff. Lord knows we all need to save every penny we can. I am fairly new and this is the first time that I have seen you post.....so welcome!! I love to save money, it's my passion also. I buy gifts at garage sales. If they have never been opened, what is the difference. I clip as many coupons as I can I utilize the store flyers. I will review your web site and will probably be in contact with you. Maybe we can do coffee or something. I love to talk about this stuff.

18. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I learned most of what I know about couponing from frugalmomoftwo! (No, she is not a family member ... I met her through taking her class) Her class is awesome and well worth the time!!! I frequently save 50%-75% on groceries/household staples.

19. Southernborn

So it says your guide will be available in July? Does it cover everything from your workshop? How much does it cost? I'm interested in it. Thanks!

20. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

If she is the same person I am thinking about, I did Frugalmom's new business story in the paper. Sweet lady, very organized!