Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Songbrd001

Songbrd001 Well-Known Member

Heck, I didn't even know they HAVE coupon organizers. I have the same problem as Kaci. When I actually DO want to use one, it's expired!!

I'll check out Target today when I grab lunch in a few minutes. Thanks harley!

Any ladies in Garner (Lowes/Walmart area) want to do lunch sometime just let me know!

2. FamilyOfFive

FamilyOfFive Well-Known Member

Kaci... I have scheduled to have a class on October 6th. PM me if you want more info.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I think JS is having one too?

4. Songbrd001

Does that cost or do you have to bring coffee and cigs? I dont smoke or drink coffee... I'm Done For!!!! :shock:

5. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Hi Kaci,

I teach the Smart Spending classes and in addition to Family of Five's class on October 6, I am teaching "How to Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half" at the Clayton Center for the Clayton Parks and Rec this Thursday evening.

The class is from 5:30 - 8:30 pm and the cost is $15 for a Clayton resident and $20 for a non resident. Class includes a handout, freebies and enough info that you will start saving at the grocery store as soon as you start using the techniques.

There have been a number of 4042'ers who have taken the 2 hour home workshop and are following the system. I just got an e-mail from a very nice lady (who shall remain nameless unless she fesses up) who told me she can't stop overstocking because the deals are so good! She wanted to know if it was normal to have 10 bottles of ketchup. I assured her it was completely acceptable! :lol:

Anyway, if you are interested in Thursdays class you can contact Clayton Parks and Rec at 553-1550 for registration info. :)

Harley - JS is not scheduled to host a class yet. You'll need to work on her a little more! 8)

Songbird, the home workshops cost $10 per person. You had mentioned that you were going to buy a coupon organizer from Target. If you have not already purchased one, I suggest you consider a more efficient type of organization system. I use a binder system. You can see examples on my website at www.smartspendingandcouponing.com under the products and services section. You can make them yourself or purchase them already made. It is a MUCH better coupon filing system than the accordian style organizers.

FYI - September is "National Coupon Month" :lol: so there should be some good coupons in the upcoming Sunday Supplements for the next few weeks.

Faye

6. Songbrd001

Woohoo! Thanks... I'll check it out :wink: You've been a big help already!

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. The organizer sounds great, do you show how to do one at your workshop? Thursday isn't good for me this week, but as soon as someone has a workshop, I would love to come. I'll keep watching the thread and hopefully someone will do one soon.

Whoa, sorry, I just saw on the thread about the parties, I'll be pm'n. Thanks

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

So is it tru you can squeeze a booger out of George Washington's nose on a penny?

9. jaloridon

jaloridon Well-Known Member

how funny in the coupon chat... you are sumthin.. :wink:

10. Anonymous

Just making small time humour on the frugal spirit.

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Frugal Mom-I'm PM'ng you, but.........
    Find me a date in October (if there's still one available) and I'll do a show. I've been meaning to get on that for a while now. I'd prefer a Satruday, or a Friday night.

In the meantime, I need 6 people to come, lol. Start volunteering people.

12. Songbrd001

I'll come if I don't have a gig. I want to learn how ya'll save so much dang money!!! :D

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Jenn - I would love to come but one request, if on a Saturday, it would have to be after 1pm - I have a standing meeting every Saturday from 11am - 1pm. Oh yeah, and I will bring my daughter-in-law if that's ok.

14. Anonymous

I'll come if its a night that I have available. With football and competitions Fri and Sat are going to be very hard right now.

15. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I dont completely understand the doubling, tripling coupons thing. Are there only certain coupons they do this on? Do you have to ask or do they automatically do it? Is it only on certain days? Thanks!

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Put me down for your class!!!

17. stonecold

stonecold Guest

Please let me know about the next couponing class, I missed the last few.

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Okay my fellow 4042ers

My class is on Saturday October 22nd at 2pm in the afternoon. I'll have munchies, BYOB ( I know you will Harley! LMAO).

If you wanna come, I need names and address's PM'd to me, and a definite commitment by 10-15.

Cost is $10, and if you bring a friend, it's only $8 for them!

WooooHoooo!! Let's learn how to save some money!!

19. Songbrd001

Fudge! We have a gig in Lillington. :( But hey, come out to Sam's the night before on the 21st! Probably the last time we'll book there this year.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I just thought of another way to save money. Tell your friend it is 10 dollars, and YOU pay 8.