Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Faye, the 4 for a dollar Lowes Veggie coupons.. Can I use more than one coupon?

2. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: Harley, Great job on the savings!! Glad we're new best friends!

NOW, go directly to the bank. Do not pass go. Do not go to the mall. Pay off debt, pay off debt, pay off debt with your savings!!! Step away from the clothing store! I'll step off the soapbox now. :wink: Oh, and if you are debt free already (hey, it could happpen), increase savings, increase savings, increase savings............

Cleo, You can't use more than one coupon at a time for the Lowe's brand veggies, but you can sure go back tomorrow with another one and use it. I can't remember what the limit is per coupon but you can buy up to the limit to stock up.

Sadly, no tragically, I did not have any time to get to Lowe's today. I am teaching a Financial Reality class with Wake Tech and was too busy teaching others to coupon to get there myself! The irony. :lol:

Anyone else get any great deals? I'll be there tomorrow.

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Do you have to spend a minimum amount before the triple-coupons kick in, or any quirk like that? Going this evening ... brought my coupons in to work to sort thru. 8)

4. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I think it said $35 and you can only use 20 coupons...I'm going after work also. First couponing experience so wish me luck! I'll post results tomorrow!

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

What I learned on my first trip to Lowe's foods with triple coupons:

You can triple up to 20 coupons with a face value of .99 or less.

You can then double unlimited coupons with a face value of .60 or less.

Here's what I didn't know, that I do now. Don't just hand all your coupons in order to the cashier. First give her your 20 that you want tripled and make her hit total before giving her the rest of them. When she hits total, it automtically triples the cheapest face value first!

However, I digress.

The only thing I bought that I didn't have a coupon for was a pack of smokes. Everything else we needed, or I'd been saving the coupon to try something new when there were double or triple coupons.

Total before Lowe's card and coupons: $68.56

Total after Lowe's card and coupons: $26.27

Total saved..................$42.28

I'm tired now, lol That was hard work.

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Wooo! Go, Jennifer!!

I'm suffering right now, because I'm weighing what I really need (basically nothing but cat food), vs the urge to go buy it just cuz it's 'triple coupon week' ... it's not like there wont be another one eventually ...

So then I'm weighing the money that I'm not spending on stuff that I dont really need yet ... so I can spend more money on candle stuff tomorrow night!

Just cant win ... :wink:

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Umm, Elims, sweetie, you have to eat. And cat food is no good for people!

9. elims

elims Well-Known Member

:lol:

Thanks for the advice!

Actually, just went grocery shopping ... have plenty of groceries to last me awhile. Since I'm single and live alone, if I buy one bottle extra of something, it'll last me 6 months to a year .... :wink:

Was just going through my coupons, and of the coupons I have, none of them are things I will need in the next several months. Should have phrased it that way. :lol:

(Actually, havent been getting very many good ones in the newspaper the past few months ... :( )

10. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

My totals for today.
    Before coupons $79.94
    I paid $20.55
    I have to go back tomorrow.
    Thanks frugelmom for teaching me how to do this!

11. FamilyOfFive

FamilyOfFive Well-Known Member

My savings today:

Made 3 stops...

Kroger: Total before coupons: $66.84 After: 26.84

Harris Teeter: Total before coupons: $137.30 After $52.39

Lowes: Total before coupons: $113.84 After $44.18

So to summarize ~ Before $317.98 After $123.41 which is waaaaay over 50%!!!

12. Nat_RH

Nat_RH Well-Known Member

Does Lowes offer triple coupons every month?

Sure does seem like a good deal!

C

13. frugalmomoftwo

How we wish this was a regular occurence, Nat!

Unfortunately, they usually triple every 4 months or so . This has been an especially good summer for tripling because they just tripled a month or so ago at the same time Harris Teeter tripled last time.

What an awesome job you are ALL doing with your shopping!! I am totally impressed!

I have been a couple times time now 8) amd have saved lots and lots. I am too tired to add the reciepts right now. :lol: I'll try and get to it tomorrow.

JennS-Good synopsis on the rules of the tripling. I also add that you can triple up to 4 of any identical coupon (known as multiples).

And yes, Jenn, couponing is NOT for sissies! :lol:

14. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Okay Ladies,

My first couponing trip last night to Lowes Foods. My total before coupons $104.19 after $69.90 savings $34.29, which is a 33% savings :)

15. frugalmomoftwo

Way to go Southern!

And the next time someone says, "You can't really save any money using coupons", you can politely quote your avatar. :lol: JK!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Jenn's class cannot get here quick enough - you gals rock.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

when is Jenns class

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oct. 22 @ 2pm - pm her for invite

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

great. i can't make it that day. we have band competition. saturdays are bad for me for a while.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think you are avoiding us Tangy... :cry: