Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Jen, i am gonna have to get back with you, i really want to come but gotta see if i can work some things out. My grandson's bd party is Saturday at my house and since it is a Halloween party i assumed it would be around 7pm. Just got informed by my daughter-in-law, she sent out the invites with 5pm on them.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Kaci, you can still come. Just get everything ready before you come over, and we should be done by 4:30 here. It's not like you live a million miles away, lol. You could walk home from my house!

3. FamilyOfFive

FamilyOfFive Well-Known Member

I went to Kroger yesterday and took advantage of the 10/10. I did buy the promise spread which were $1 a piece and I had coupons for 50 cents so they were free. The aquafresh toothpaste were $1 and I had a coupon for $1.50 off of 2 so I got both for .50 total... and the chex mix were $1 and I had a coupon for .50 off 2 so they ended up being .50 cents a piece. Not bad! Overall I saved 85%!!! :)

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

See you Saturday with a guest!

5. JenniferK

Ok, here we go for the last time!

Reminder of the party! Sat. 10-22 @ 2pm!

Some of you have RSVP'd already (Thank you very much), but several of you who expressed interest in coming, have not let me know one way or the other. I'd really love to see Faye have a ton of support for coming out and showing us all how to save money. Let's make her afternoon worth while. Plus, I'm making food. I need to know how many people to feed, some come on ladies (and gents, yes we have a guy attending!) send me those RSVP's!

And yes, you can BYOB, and if we have a nice enough turn out, I'll make some drinks!

6. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Well Jen...I plan on coming...unless I get sicker. Haven't been feeling too well the last two days...and this morning kiddo is all sickly!

7. JenniferK

Great Southern!

Hope you feel better soon, and hope to see you on Saturday!

8. JenniferK

So are you going to be able to make it Kaci? Like I said, you can easily be home in time for the party, and I realllllllllllllly want you to come!!!!!

9. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Got the final word last night. I can't make it :(

After the "garage sale" that I was already going to that morning, I have to go home & finish homework that's due. My husband says we're leaving for Grandma's as soon as I'm done. With the dog. All in one car. Kill me now!

I'm sorry I can't go, I'd love to be there!!
    Froggie

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Jenn, i just don't see how i can make it - i really wanted to come, anything to save more bucks, but i have a standing meeting for church every Sat from 11-1 and i have got to decorate the whole back yard for the games, etc for all the kiddies. His mom has to work until 3, so it is pretty much up to me. Sooooooo sorry, please forgive!!!!!!

11. JenniferK

I'm gonna cry now........

Really though, if y'all can't make it, it's okay. Hopefully we'll still have enough people so that Faye won't hurt me! LOL

If anyone else thinks they can make it, shoot me a PM with your name and # and I'll give you directions!

12. harleygirl

Grief, I will be there! BYOB? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Kroger is running some good buys on the 10 for $10 again this week. If you have coupons for those items you will get some great buys!

Jenn, thanks for hosting the class yesterday! I really enjoyed meeting all the 4042'ers who attended and I look forward to hearing about your savings!

14. harleygirl

I love meeting new people! StoneCold and I forgot the other person... Her hubby is on the board. Nat-??? I forgot already!
    Went to Lowes Foods Sunday am, but didn't have a bunch of coupons for the things we (hubby went with me) bought. Only spent $30 but saved $12.00!

NEVER GOING TO FOOD LION AGAIN FM2!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great to meet you!

15. JenniferK

I learned SO much. Wouldn't even go grocery shopping yesterday cause I haven't seen the sales papers, lol.

FMO2, I went to that coupon buying website, and racked up! They had the brand of toothpaste I use (normally $3.60 a tube) coupons to get it FREE for $.50 a piece. SO, I'm paying $2.50 for 5 tubes of toothpaste that would normally cost me $18.00!! Then I bought a few other things.

Have a question for you though. I was looking at coupon auctions on Ebay last night, and there were several that were advertised as "100 coupons for different things, no duplicates", and they were cheap, less than $1.00 for all of them. Have you had any experience one way or the other with those types of auctions?

16. frugalmomoftwo

Great job on the savings, Harley! And it sounds like you weren't even fully "armed"! Great to meet you, as well!

Jenn, isn't The Coupon Clippers great? I'd say you are officially hooked!

In answer to your question about coupon auctions: I don't recommend buying a group (lot) of misc. coupons unless you know specifically what you are getting. They are full of alot of coupons you don't need and just a few you want. You'll do better to bid only on those auctions for specific coupons.

17. Nat_RH

Nat_RH Well-Known Member

Great Class!!!

It was great to meet everyone on Saturday. I was fired up on Sunday with my coupon book and Kroger ad in hand. I do have to admit I have not created my price book yet.

I also went to the www.thecouponclippers.com site Saturday night and have ordered some coupons. So I am anxiously awaiting my coupons to go shopping this weekend.

Thanks for all the great information and hopefully I will be posting one of those reciepts that was shown at the class. :mrgreen:

18. harleygirl

There you are! I couldn't remember your screen name! Hey great to meet you!!! No go save some $$$!!! :lol:

19. JenniferK

Okay, so I went shopping Monday, but just for a few things because we didn't need much. At Lowe's, the original bill was $47, I paid $27. Went to Walgreens and spent $2.50, then Food Lion (leave me alone, they had the cheapest sodas and I didn't feel like driving all the way into Garner to go to Kroger, and Wallgreens was out(did get a rain check)) and spent $17.

So totals for this week were about $46.50.

Just got my Wednesday circulars, and my other coupons should be here tomorrow, so I'll post after I go shopping this weekend!

20. frugalmomoftwo

Great job on your savings, Jennifer!

Remember that Target will be marking down the Halloween costumes, candy and decor tomorrow. I hear it is already 30% off so tomorrow or Wed it will probably go to 50%. I usually wait until it hits 75% off and get costumes for the kids dress up basket.

Got some great buys at Harris Teeter yesterday. Subtotal before sales and coupons was $76 and I paid $20. :D

I am teaching the Smart Spending Workshop (how to cut your grocery bill in half) on Saturday through the Clayton Parks and Rec, if anyone is interested. It will be held at the Clayton Center from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm. If you would like more info or would like to register, call Clayton Parks and Rec at 553-1550.

Happy Halloween!