Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

they wear great with jeans.

2. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

HG, I know your looking for milk coupons. There is a Pet milk 60 cent coupon in the Sunday paper and it is on sale at Walgreens for $2.19.

3. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

4. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Stopped by the Garner Lowes before church. They restocked several items.

My weekend total (thus far)

Purchased $398.00 worth of product

Paid $148.00

:D

Trying to decide if I'll make one more run today.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO GET A HARRIS TEETER TURKEY (THERES ONE IN FUQUAY) FOR ONLY .19 PER POUND. SPEND $25 MINIMUM AND GET YOUR TURKEY FOR .19/LB.

Got at 13 lb turkey for $2.69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEE HAWWWW!!!!!!
    Got double coupons for all of the other things I bought today! (except for my cigs, which I still had a $5 coupon for) LOVE HT NOW!!!!

6. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

ok--- my total of three trips is (Dun Dun Dun)

$195.28 of groceries for $89.28 That is $106 savings= 54% off (and that is with Milk before the darn coupon came out.. and some meat)

I am almost tempted to go one more time.... but I am pooped!

Thanks everyone for the ideas and tips!

7. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I read this thread for the first time today. I almost never use coupons (too lazy?) and buying for one person and cats, groceries seemed a minor expense. However, I'll be losing my job in the near future. And in analyzing my monthly expenses, I found that groceries (that is, everything from the grocery store) are actually one of my higher expenses.

So now I'm listening to you and I'm very impressed. Hopefully, reading your advice can help me make it through some difficult months ahead.

8. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

OK Here goes our savings...

4 cart loads of 20 coupons per cart, 2 real trips (Fri 10+pm in Garner & Today at 2+pm in Clayton) Hubby & I tag team for the best deals & do not make 4 trips to the store.

We bought thing we REALLY eat, not special 3x coupon stuff that we 'might' like to try.

Final totals:
    $23.25 was over ~$48.00
    $36.58 was over ~$70.00
    $34.09 was over ~$68.00
    $19.80 was over ~$55.00

I am still a beginner coupon clipper but I think we saved at LEAST 50% off on things we regularly eat. I did find 4 items that were totaly free! Yipie!

WOOO HOOO 3x Coupons!!!

9. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up on the milk, mamax3. Is the $2.19 on the 1/2 gal? I think I saw that the Gal is $2.79 this week.

Lowe's Foods in Clayton had 1/2 gallons of whole milk on sale for 99 cents today. They had a bunch and they don't expire until November 26. We picked some up to go into the freezer. Although we don't usually drink whole milk, I will mix half water and half milk to cut down on the calories and fat. Tastes just like 2% and for $1.98, it tastes even better! :lol:

10. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Welcome to the thread, Animal Lover! Glad to have you with us! I am sorry to hear you will be losing your job. I hope we can help you cut that grocery bill. Please check out al lthe great websites that have been mentioned for cutting coupons, ordering coupons, using coupons......

Are you familiar with the Wake Tech Small Business Center in Cary? It is on Kildaire Farms Rd. next to the new Lowe's Foods at Kildaire and Tryon. They offer a number of excellent classes for people who are unemployed or underemployed, at no charge. I teach a Financial Reality class there a few times a year, and Wake Tech also offers classes in resume writing, finding your ideal job, computer classes, and more. I highly recommend you give them a call. I don't know how it works for those not in Wake County, but it can't hurt to call if you are looking for some job search resources.

I have found that the networking that takes place in the classes is nearly as helpful as the material taught. I have had people from all different types of jobs in the classes making from minimum wage to 6 figure salaries, and they are not geared toward any one profession. If you are interested, the contact person for the classes is Mary Brady and her phone number is: 919-363-3997.

Good luck with your job search and let us know what questions you have as you embark on your couponing adventure!

Faye

11. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

I've been reading how well everyone has done - quite inspiring. So I went to the websites mentioned and cut coupons out from today's paper. So wish me luck...getting ready to head to the Lowe's now. :D

12. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the typo. $2.79 for the milk at Walgreens.

13. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

OK, when you people post your savings, does your pre-coupon amount include stuff for which you did not have coupons?

I just returned from Lowes and have not yet calculated my savings. But I was unable to buy ONLY stuff for which I had coupons. For example, I bought a bottle of Mondavi chardonnay that was on sale.

14. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

My totals include the items I didn't have a coupon for.

15. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Mine are the actual receipts...

16. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Mine were the final totals.

We only bought 4 items without any coupons, (fruit & meat). One item was a $2.00 coupon for dog food, saddly this was not 3x!
    Well, that would be asking for the moon!

Hubbie was so excited at all the $Money$ we saved and all the yummy stock pile of goodies in the pantry.

17. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Thanks so much to everyone here - just got back and could not believe the savings.

Total 73.43
    after coupons
    Paid 28.22

Saved 62% - even my husband was surprised. I bought alot of stuff w/o coupons but did get several BOGOs. I'm definitely going to get more organized on the coupons. :D

Note: Check your receipt carefully. I was walking out and didn't see the triple savings line so went back to customer service and asked if I was missing it. The girl said no - the cashier forgot to give me it. So they refunded me the difference. Glad I looked. :D

18. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Note: Check your receipt carefully. I was walking out and didn't see the triple savings line so went back to customer service and asked if I was missing it. The girl said no - the cashier forgot to give me it. So they refunded me the difference. Glad I looked. :D[/quote]

Good point.... When I went this morning, my cashier told the one next to her to remember it was a triple coupon day and she said she remembered after she had rung up 5 people without it!

I'll never use the self checkout for triple coupon day again. It ate one of my .75 cent coupons and the cashier didn't do anything about it. She said there was not way to prove whos it was etc... and I was in a rush.

19. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Thank you, N&O. There was a write-up and Ms. Prosser offered a lot of info in it. They also listed other websites to go to for couponing.

20. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

I spent $42, saved $43 on Friday sy Lowes in Clayton even with my grandkids along & they are 5 & 6, I work weekends 7am- to almost 830pm and was too lazy to go shopping afterwards. After hearing how well you guys did I wish I had went back :D