Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I missed getting the paper yesterday. If you find any of the websites listed are really good, would you list them here?

Thanks!

2. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I have 3 extra coupons for $2 off any rotisserie chicken purchase. They expire in January. First person to post here gets them (along with an envelope of other various coupons :wink: ). I think it might be fun to offer up coupon RAOK's every once in a while. Anyone interested in this envie of coupons? :D

If you are the first to post, plese PM your addy to me so I know where to send the coupons.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Am I first?

YEAH!!!!

4. frugalmomoftwo

You are fast, Harley! Your coupons will go out in tomorrow's mail! Enjoy! :D

5. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Best Buy has the XM satellite radio kit on an AWESOME deal. I went nuts in there yesterday. My dad has been wanting one since last Christmas so I decided to do some research. I went to Best Buy online and found a complete kit for $49.99, then I was shocked to see it was on sale for $29.99..I was already going to go get it, then I noticed a flag that said Purchase this item, receive a $25 Best Buy GC...ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I couldn't get there fast enough! I got one for dad and one for hubby. Total was $64 and I got 2 XM kits plus $50 in GC's! It almost paid for itself. That is 4 presents for the price of 1~~ Lesson learned, research your purchases!

6. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Are coupons always doubled at Lowe's, Food Lion, Kroger, Harris Teeter? Or just when specifically advertised? Also, is the limit for coupon doubling always just 50cents?

7. harleygirl

Hey FMO2, got your coupons today! Thank you so much!!! I love how you "addressed" me! LOL!!!! Too funny!!!

8. frugalmomoftwo

Coupons are always doubled, every day at the following stores:

Lowe's Foods - Doubles coupons with a face value of up to 60 cents. They will double coupons if your subtotal before taxes (and before coupons are scanned) is $35.00 or more.

Kroger - Doubles coupons with a face value of up to 50 cents. No minimum purchase amount required.

Harris Teeter - Doubles coupons with a face value of up to 99 cents! :) No minimum purchase required. Will only double the first 20 coupons, the rest will be tendered at face value. There is a new HT openning in the next few months at Ten Ten and 401. Yeah! Maybe if everyone e-mails them (like I did) and suggests that 4042 would be an IDEAL place for an HT, they may consider this area.

The following stores do not double at all: Food Lion, Kmart, Walmart, Foodtown.

I hope that helps! :)

Glad you received the coupons Harley. Enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

9. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

BUMP gotta keep this thread alive & fresh!

PLUS
    There is a one sheet flyer in today's N&O for Lowe's Foods. Some goodies and I think you can combine the store coupon & a manf. coupon!

2x the savings!!! Nov. 25-29 only.

The Kelster

10. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

{admitting to not sitting down and going thru the whole thread again}

For Lowes Foods...how often do they do the triple coupons? I don't get the paper consistently, so I seem to always miss it. I have to know a few days (a week would be great) in advance in order to plan to shop.

Also, exactly what are the restrictions?

ALSO, where's the closest HT? Looks like I need to be making the trip :)

Thank you!
    Froggie

11. frugalmomoftwo

Frogger, I don't blame you for not wanting to backtrack on all these pages!

Lowe's seems to triple about 4-6 times per year. There is no set time frame and we got no advance notice, usually. Every once in a while they will indicate on the sales flyer that is issued on Wednesdays that they will be tripling on Fri, Sat and Sun. Unfortunately, that's just not enough time to order and receive coupons via snail mail.

The last 2 tripling promotions allowed customers to triple up to 20 coupons worth up to 99 cents. You had to purchase a minimum of $35 before sales tax and before coupons were scanned in order for the coupons to triple.

The nearest HT is in Fuquay-Varina. They are very strict about only allowing one trip per day and will only double 20 coupons in that trip.

I like to shop at the Cary HT on Kildaire Farm Rd and the one on Cary Parkway and Tryon. Both allow more than one trip per day. I happen to be in Cary at least once per week, so I always plan a trip.

Faye :)

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Faye,
    Good tips about the area Harris Teeter's. We zip into the one on Falls of the Neuse (north Raleigh) it's near the in-laws. The HT at the 'new' North Hills is a tiny-tiny Harris Tetter-ette.
    - Kelster

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Did anyone get coupons in their paper today? We didn't get any and I was wondering if we were supposed to!

Thanks!!

14. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

None in mine.

15. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Rachael,at www.thecouponclippers.com said that she's not able to get any Sunday supplement coupons at all this week...they must not have had any printed this week because of the sales flyers .

16. frugalmomoftwo

As a general rule, there are no coupons in the Sunday papers on holiday weekends. Every once in a while they are included during holiday weekends, but usually they are not.

To see the 2006 Smart Source insert schedule click on the link below and then click on "Schedule".

http://www.newsamerica.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=163

Here is the link for the 2006 Valassis insert schedule:

http://www.valassis.com/VCMisc/2006 Valassis FSI Date Schedule.pdf

There will be at least one coupon insert in the newspapers on 12/4/05, 12/11/05 and 12/18/05. It doesn't look like there will be any coupons in the paper during the last weekend in December.

Now let's all say a collective wish for TRIPLES one more time this year! :lol:

17. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Coupons, rebates, and skim milk

I saved over $180 yesterday with a short stop in 3 stores. I used coupons, register tape discounts, sale ads, and filed my rebates. For skim milk, Kroger has been discounting it lately. For clothing, drive no farther than Basic Needs at 40/42 - telephone 919-661-6565 - your community nonprofit clothing center.

18. harleygirl

Re: Coupons, rebates, and skim milk

So is Basic Needs like Goodwill or something? They sell brought in clothing and items? Never been. :oops:

19. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Basic Needs is like a treasure hunt. You never know what will be there. I have found really great things there. (a dresser for the babies room for $3!)

But yes HG it is like a Salvation Army. They have lots of clothes, toys, household stuff... But it gives back to the community. Kids in need get gift certificates to shop etc...

(Set me straight Ron if I am wrong.)

20. ksmahgrts

ksmahgrts Well-Known Member

i've been to basic needs a number of times. the folks who run that place have the biggest hearts out there. i always just round-up on the price when i'm paying since the prices are so low and the work they do is so important.