Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I've never been...don't even know where it is :oops: Can you donate like you do to goodwill? I usually donate to GW....

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

BN is behind Peddler's Village (near Bojangles). You can donate, but he doesn't normally have space for big things like furniture, and more than donations, he needs help sorting the donations he already has and getting them on the shelves.

He's always looking for donations of clean kids clothes though.

Hours are Saturday from 9-6, and Monday evenings from 6-9.

3. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Basic Needs displays about 28,000 clothing items for its clients and the public, which is much greater than other agencies. Public sales are Saturday 9-6 and Monday 6-9. Go 1 block west of I-40 on 42 and turn in beside Bojangle's. Go to the back yard and stop at Units D96. Walk through the receiving area, through the prep area, and into the sales area - about 4,000 sq. ft. in all. We use a 40' shipping container for sorting and storage.

Basic Needs is using Goodwill's business model, in that it accepts donations of clothing and cash and it has some sales.

Goodwill pays its people. Basic Needs asks everyone to volunteer and work for free so all the money can go towards the program expenses.

Goodwill owns many of its buildings and it is exempt from real estate tax, while Basic Needs leases and is tax exempt, but pays real estate tax under the terms of its lease.

Goodwill sells everything that is donated in order to provide job training programs somewhere in the world. Basic Needs has 12 hours a week sales in order to try and cover the warehousing bills for its clothing ministry. It sells just about $20,000 a year to try and pay $35,000 a year in warehousing bills. That's right. We are sinking in debt rapidly. Our community clothing ministry gave away over $500,000 worth of donated goods at the direction of local churches, schools, and agencies to help the 7,200 low income children and their families living within 10 miles or so of the 40/42 intersection. In 30 months about $2 million in five types of benefits were provided locally, with free clothing also going to Western North Carolina flood victims in Clyde; out of work residents of Dillon, South Carolina; and support to projects to the poor in 6 other countries in the world with the leadership of local churches, State Employees Association of North Carolina, and North Carolina National Guard. For the past two years, Basic Needs distributed to about 32 schools, 30 food pantries, and about 150 local churches over 12,000 free clothing gift certificates, which would each provide a set of clothes, if only they were handed out to needy residents, who would then come and find things they liked. Because Basic Needs lacks volunteers and cash flow, it restricts its services to those 119,000 residents living within 10 miles of 40/42 and properly registered students. If we extended the circle out 5 more miles, we would be responsible for about 375,000 people, most are served with 13 other established agencies providing free clothing. Our residents are donating about 200,000 items per year to share with their neighbors and make Basic Needs work possible.

Basic Needs committed 2,000 sweaters for the elderly this winter. It will provide anyone in our service area with one free sweater-just pick it out and show positive ID-age and local address.

Basic Needs is collecting food for distribution through Cleveland Area Ministry and Garner Area Ministry.

Goodwill is a foundation, while Basic Needs is a nonprofit 501c3 licensed public charity. That means you and the communities' residents own Basic Needs Ministry. It also means you can serve on the advisory board and help with the work.

Goodwill is international, Basic Needs is local with an international reach.

Ask anytime. We are very public and most legal and financial information is on our Internet site at http://4042needs.org/.

Is there something else the community needs? Let's talk about it. Maybe we can figure out how to do it-together.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

From now on I will be dropping items off at Basic Needs! Thank you for the input, I really had no idea. :oops:

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

Basic Needs is a great place to go and find clothing for kids....I have found plenty of clothes there for my boys in good shape!! I will be back there soon for more!!! Many Thanks goes out to Ron and everyone else that run Basic Needs!!! :D

6. Anonymous

Anyone interested in a coupon for Toys "R" Us?
    http://toysrus.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/catalog_toysrus/roto_differentlyabled_a/products/65537.jpg
    Valid from 10-3-05 to 12-25-05
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Anyone eat No Yolks Noodles? Get a coupon valid until 12-29-05
    http://www.noyolks.com/offers.html
    Do you color your own hair? Check this coupon out...
    http://www.samples.aohosting.net/campaign/Clairol_HEC_Coupons/
    Not sure of the valid dates, they will mail your coupon to you.
    Still washing dishes by hand? Maybe this coupon would be nice...
    http://www.homemadesimple.com/dawn/promo/en_US/direct_foam/how_hear.shtml
    Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Available to U.S. Residents only. Limit one coupon per household.
    Anyone take Tylenol? Get 4 different coupons, 3 are a $1.00 off & 1 is $2.00 off....
    #1) http://www.tylenol.com/vcrc/manage/nmtycampaign.jhtml?oid=5441&id=pm
    #2) https://www.tylenol.com/vcrc/manage/nmtycampaign.jhtml?oid=5448&id=eztab
    #3) https://www.tylenol.com/vcrc/manage/nmtycampaign.jhtml?oid=5446&id=dyefree
    #4) https://www.tylenol.com/vcrc/manage/nmtycampaign.jhtml?oid=5445&id=pm
    Enter the required information and click Get Coupon to print your coupon. Only one coupon is permitted for each product per customer.
    Use Arm & Hammer? Here's a coupon brochure for you!
    http://www.armhammer.com/bsdtv/bsdtv_register.asp
    Allow 6-8 weeks to arrive by Postal Mail
    Have a Cat? Coupon for WHISKAS w/ "Crunchy Nuggets" Save $2.00
    http://www.whiskas.com/drycoupon.aspx
    Click on the button that says "CLICK TO PRINT YOUR $2.00 OFF COUPON"
    Expires 1/15/2006 ( I printed this coupon out to see if it was legit and so now I have a coupon if anyone would like it...let me know...I have no cats)

* I know this isn't much on coupons, but I was trying to help* :)

7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Coupon ~ and the Info... I actually just did some house clearing so I'll be heading your way! :wink:

8. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Great info on Basic Needs. Thanks! Are docations to BN tax deductible?

Here is a good deal from nononsense.com:

Free shipping on ANY order thru 12/24/05.

Free 3-pack Cotton Bikini or Hi-Cut panties ($5.99 value) with ANY order.

Once you add an item to your cart, a page automatically comes on to add your
    free pack of panties to your cart! You can choose your size and what color
    you would like. These look really comfy!

I got a pair of adorable Candy Cane socks and a 3 pack of panties for $2.66
    shipped! ($2.49 for the socks plus 17 cents tax)

Some people are being offered a free pair of socks when you sign up for
    e-mail.

Go to: www.nononsense.com

9. harleygirl

YD, thank you for the No Yolks coupon! That is the only noodle I buy! :shock: :lol: :lol:

10. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

They are no loner doing the free panties...

Thank you for visiting Nononsense.com.
    If you came to the site looking for free cotton panties, we regret to inform you the promotion is no longer available. We hope to have cotton panties back online in a few days. We hope you will take a look around and find other great deals @ Nononsense.com
    *We are not liable for anything posted on other sites. If any misrepresentations have been made, please contact the webmarketingmanager@nononsense.com. We will be happy to answer any questions.

Boo!

11. harleygirl

Le, don't we all wear thongs now? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

VS sends out coupons for a Free panty!!!! YEAH!!!!

12. Anonymous

HG, you are most welcome....I'm glad someone could get use out of the coupons I posted....I was just on a roll earlier with the coupons.....but I guess my coupons weren't what many folks are looking for...... :oops:

:)

13. frugalmomoftwo

That's too bad! Maybe they will be up again soon.

14. frugalmomoftwo

In an effort to redeem myself after the nononsense.com deal ended so soon ( :oops: ), I found a great survey site for kids 6-18. Here is the info. I enjoyed sitting with my daughter and helping her take the surveys.

Go to:

http://www.wrinsiders.com/

They have great redemption prizes including Wal mart gift cards, computer
    games, CD's, games, itunes gift cards, amazon gift certificates, toys,
    options to donate points to places like the Red Cross......

You earn points for every survey and then you spend the points on the prizes
    of your choice based on how many points you have. We earned over 9000 points
    in surveys today and it only takes 11,399 to earn a walmart $10 gift card.
    The surveys are for kids ages 6-18 years old and they were interesting.

When registering, use redemption code: P79873611343

"You are invited to join us at Weekly Reader Research and become an INSIDER.

What are INSIDERS?

INSIDERS are kids and teens just like you who earn great stuff like video
    games, toys, clothes and music just by answering questions and sharing their
    opinion. Think you have what it takes? Join us @
    http://www.wrinsiders.com/Kids/

Here's how:

1. Go to http://www.wrinsiders.com/Kids/

2. Click Where is says "First time visiting? Click here to register and
    become an INSIDER!" on the bottom of the page

3. Put in your first name, choose a username, your email address if you got
    one, your parent's email address (you gotta have one of these 2 join),

4. Where it says "Do you have a code to redeem given to you by a friend?"
    Type in the Code: P79873611343

5. Pick a password and checkout our rules and stuff

6. Then click create.

7. If you're under 13, we'll send an email asking your parent's permission
    to join WRInsiders.

8. Once your in, do the first survey, INSIDERS PROFILE, and you will earn
    100 points!

Thanks,
    WRInsiders.com

Weekly Reader Corporation
    200 First Stamford Place
    Stamford, CT 06912"

Have a nice Wednesday!

Faye

15. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Price Matching

Wondering what the policy is for some stores to price match. I found something at Target on-line that is listed on sale. I called the store and they will not honor the price. Has anyone ever had Target to match the price of an item listed on their web site? Are their any stores that sell toys that would match the price found on another stores web site? (I know it is a long shot but I want to save $20 :) )

16. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

If it is a "on-line" sale only you may be out of luck.

I know Best Buy will let you order it online and pick up at the store. (I even oredered it online FROM the store before and then went to customer service to pick it up.) :) Wonder if Target would do the same?

17. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

Purses in Cleveland beat the shops with coupons

No coupons, no rebates, just $58 off - only just $2. Well this is a blatant ad for a NEW Liz Claiborne black purse with its tags - Style HBRU 1092 Color 01 Black Group On the Town

It just came in at Basic Needs and we open Saturday morning at 9 a.m.

Sometimes we have 100-400 new and lightly used purses at $2. Perhaps you prefer back packs, totes, gym bags, attache cases, and suitcases at $2.

Wallets and those small cases are $1. OK. I'm back to the classifieds.

18. frugalmomoftwo

The Smart Spending Guide, the book I have written about cutting grocery bills and frugal living, is officially published as of today, December 2! A few of you requested that I let you know when the book would be available, and now it is. :) The guide includes all the Smart Spending Grocery System information as well as frugal living tips, budgeting techniques and much more. If you would like to know more, please see my Web site at: www.smartspendingresources.com

If you decide to order a book, let me know you are a 4042’er and I will include some extra coupons.

FYI – Lowe’s Foods has some good deals on eggs and other foods Friday and Sat. I don’t have the flyer in front of me, but there are a number of coupons on the front page of the sales flyer for this week that are only good Fri and Sat (maybe Sun – the flyer is in the car).

19. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Congrats on your book!!! How exciting. I definetly want one.... I am going to go look on line to see how to order!!

20. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Ok- I am really cheap. :oops: Can we order through you, pay cash and save the $2 shipping. :lol:

Will that just get tooooo confusing?