Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

:lol: You make it seem like cheap is a bad thing! :lol:

If you (and anyone else) would like to avoid the shipping cost (and have your book signed, if desired), I am happy to meet you in person at one of the local 4042 businesses. Send me a PM and we can work out the details.

And thanks for your interest!

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Faye,

I just ordered the book...can't wait to get it. Thanks, SB

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Frugalmom - just ordered my book, can't wait to get it especially since i have tried several times to get to one of your workshops and it never works out. I tried to change my order to 3 books (for my daughter-in-laws) but the system would not let me go back or make changes so i guess i will wait till you meet folks on 4042 to get the extra 2, just please let me know when it will be. Thanks so much.

4. le

le Well-Known Member

ditto that. one for me and one for under a friend's tree!

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That is just the cutest EVER!!!

6. frugalmomoftwo

Hi Kaci and le, Thanks for your interest! Not sure why the system would not let you order 3, Kaci. I'll need to look into that asap!

There are a few people meeting me tomorrow am to purchase books, if anyone else would like to join us. We can make it a mini book signing! haha I will be at A Step Ahead Dance Studio behind Food Lion at 4042 from 10:45 am - 11:30 am. It is right next to Up and Away Play place. You can avoid the shipping cost and I'll be happy to sign your books, if interested!

Did I mention these make GREAT Christmas gifts?! 8) :wink:

FYI on some good coupons: Lowe's Foods in Cary on Tryon/Cary Parkway had a freestanding display in the freezer section that had tons of different coupons for all kids of foods: Sargento cheese, Birds Eye veggies, Superpretzels, Pillsbury Oven baked products, Blue Bunny ice cream, Stouffers & Lean Cuisine, Friday's snacks. The same display will probably be in all the Lowe's soon, if it isn't there already. There are lots of coupon displays in the stores right now, so keep your eyes open!

Faye

7. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Faye~

So will I...little one's the newbie....

Looks like I need to bring my checkbook tomorrow. Think you'll have enough books for everyone? :) :) :)

8. frugalmomoftwo

Great to meet you this morning, ljk and Frogger! Enjoy the books and the coupons!

I stopped by Lowe's Foods in Clayton today and they have the coupon display in the frozen foods isle with around 12 different types of coupons for various frozen and refridgerated food items. There were lots of coupons, so be sure to check it out next time you are at Lowe's.

Eggs are still on sale at Lowe's for 69 cents with the coupon in the flyer at the front of the store. They also have 4 types of General Mills cereals for $1.69 each. When I was there yesterday, some of the cereal boxes had coupons on them for $1 off ANY General Mills cereal. I bought 4 boxes for 69 cents each after I used the coupons! :lol:

9. le

le Well-Known Member

darn it, missed meeting the three of you this am...busy morning!
    frugal, any chance you will be out and about with books another day?
    thanks!

10. frugalmomoftwo

I would be more than happy to meet you, le. I'll send you a PM. :)

Here are some E-bay coupon codes if anyone is making a purchase anytime soon. I think you need to pay through Paypal for the codes to work:

C23-GiftGuide $15 off $100+
    C22-GiftGuide $5 off $50+
    10% off coupon code C11-GIFTGUIDE (max $25 savings) when using Paypal as payment

www.ebay.com

Happy Shopping!

11. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Good to meet the both of you too :). Want you to know I've already been reading. Spoke to my sister and she's chomping at the bit to get her copy!!

I've sat down tonite and gone thru this entire thread :shock: . Wrote down the info I'd missed (websites, tips, etc). I'm compiling my list. Also, ordered coupons tonite...can't wait for them to come in. I decided, since they had min order #'s, I'd share with sis. We don't like all of the same things, but some we do.

Speaking of which, was there ever a decision on a "trading coupons"?

Froggie

12. frugalmomoftwo

You've been busy Frogger! I hope you are enjoying your reading material!

There are some good deals at Walgreens and at Lowe's today. Here is what I found:

Walgreens Deals - Good through next Sat:

Milk is on sale for $2.79 a gallon

Encore Spices and Herbs are on sale including garlic, imitation vanilla, oregano, garlic pepper, garlic salt,
    nutmeg, cinamon, imitation bacon bits, and many more for 39 cents each! Use coupon in sales flyer.

Geisha Mushrooms, pieces and stems, 4 oz can, 39 cents. Use coupon in flyer

Walgreens brand tape (perfect timing with all the gifts we will be wrapping!), 1/2 x 450 in., 39 cents - use coupon in flyer

Right Guard & Soft and Dri, on sale for 99 cents, use 75 cent coupons for each one from today's paper and they will be 25 cents each!

Lowe's Foods - only good today:

General Mills Cereals (Golden Grahams, Wheaties, Trix and Cocoa Puffs) on sale today (the sale for these ends today) for $1.69 using the coupon from the sales flyer. I used $1.00 off any General Mills cereal coupons that I found on the cereal boxes in the grocery store and bought each box for 69 cents. When I was in Lowe's in Cary this morning, there were coupons still on some of the boxes. Our Wheaties and Golden Grahams stock is in pretty good shape now!

Time to go outside and enjoy the great weather before tomorrow!

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Hey Fruggle,

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me yesterday. I am already 1/2 way through the book!! (with lots of aha that's how she does it!!) There are creative ways to save that I never thought of!

I have several $1.00 off Fantastic Oxy power multipurpose cleaner if anyone would like some.... I have been participating in Buzzback surverys, and they ask you to try products, and they send you full size samples and lots of coupons for that item. We have gotten 5 full size boxes of cereal, two things of Mentadnet, this Fantastic etc... Plus they have mailed me checks for over $25 ($3-$5 dollars at a time, but what the heck)

I believe it is Buzzback.com if anyone is interested.

14. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Frugal ... any plans to be in the 4042 area this week for people who want a book and to save the shipping cost?

15. frugalmomoftwo

Hi ncmom-Thanks for your interest in the book! I am more than happy to set up a time to meet you. It will be nice to see you again! :D

Maybe you can join us, le.

I will be at the 4042 CVS just before lunch on Monday- around 11:30 am. Does that work for you?

ljk - I am impressed! You spent some time reading this weekend! I am so pleased you are having lots of "aha" moments.

frogger, as much fun as a coupon swap can be, I just don't have any time now to meet regularly. I currently trade coupons with my neighbors which works very well.

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Me too, had to keep the grandkids and couldn't get out

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

frugalmomoftwo, out of curiosity... on avergae how much do you spend on groceries each month to feed your family?

18. frugalmomoftwo

Hi Cleo,
    My weekly budget for groceries is $50.00. For that $50 I take home $100 - $200 worth of groceries. 8)

I also have a $10 per week budget for toilettries, paper products, cleaning supplies and pet care/pet food, although I usually don't use the whole $10.

If I go over my $50 for any reason, I make it up in the next 1-2 weeks of shopping by spending less on those weeks.

Hope that helps.

Anyone else care to share their grocery budgets?

19. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Mine is $150/week...for all grocery items including toilettries, etc. I spend it and some. I don't shop with coupons...except for that once and I saved a nice bit of money. Can't wait to get your book so I can start saving!

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hey FMO2, I am having the hardest time in the world trying to find

1. No Yolks Noodles coupons (I have already used all of my "printable" coupons from their site) :roll:
    2. Land O Lakes Creamer (I have already used all of my "printable coupons from several sites) :roll: :roll:
    3. Healthy Choice Meals
    4. Lean Cusine Meals
    5. South Beach Diet Meals

HELP!!!!!

Thank you,
    HG! :mrgreen:

Is there anyone out there willing to trade for the coupons I need??? :oops: