Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Got some, wanna look 'em over ?? Seriously, got some Campbell's that I won't use before they expire. Other stuff too.

PEPSI PRODUCT PEOPLE...................

HT is having a sale. Buy two 12 pack (fridge pack) Pepsi products at retail price and get.......two 12 packs (fridge packs), AND three 2-liters of your choice!

They also have a lot of BOGO in the meats and soups. I have my *first* shopping foray to report, but am exhausted. Will put up a note in the morning :) :) :)

Froggie

2. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I did not receive that flyer in my mail. Are you signed up for some type of special mailings from them?

3. froggerplus

My shopping yesterday...

At HT, before VIC card and coupons: $192.53
    After VIC card and coupons: $124.82 :shock:

A few observations:

*This was our big first-of-month shopping. I usually spend $200, so this is great, especially in December!
    *It is possible to get my dh shampoo at $3 versus $7.
    *I was able to get all the meat we need for the month to do my plan-ahead meals, instead of getting what we can afford this week.
    *Always look at the in-store flyer. That's how I found out about the Pepsi deal.
    *I wasn't able to use the meat coupon, as a manager said it was a rebate. Have to mail it in...

Thank you, Faye! Your tips and stories have helped my family! Now, if I can just get all these coupons manageable, lol.

Froggie

4. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

I don't recall signing up for a special mailing list but I have ordered from the JCP online site, so maybe that is where they got my name. I don't have a JCP store credit card, so I know that is not the reason I received the coupon.

FROGGER:

Great job on your HT shop!!! I am impressed! You saved $67.71! :shock: :D

Those BOGOs on the meat are awesome! Yes, the meat rebate is not an in-store coupon, you need to send it in with your receipt and follow all the directions the rebate requires.

And you know how you need to organize those coupons, don't you?! :wink:

5. froggerplus

I know I know :oops: . I just have to get with the Queen and get my organizer :wink:

6. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I don't (new at couponing). Are you talking about the organizers available on the Coupon Clippers site? They just have slots - no lables. Any suggestions for organization?

7. frugalmomoftwo

Hi Animal Lover,

(disclaimer: shameless plug coming 8) )

The organizers we are referring to are the binder method organizers. You can see what we are talking about at my Web site:

http://www.smartspendingresources.com/services.html

If you don't want to make one yourself, I make them and sell them for about the same cost you will spend to put one together on your own.

The organizers on The Coupon Clippers are traditional accordian file organizers. They don't hold as many as the binder method and they don't allow as much visibility as the binder method.

Many people on this thread are now using the binder method (some made them and some purchased them). I know that this system has made a HUGE difference in my ability to save money on groceries. Some are hesitant to use this type of system because it is bigger than the accordian-type coupon holders. It certainly doesn't fit in your purse, but it is more than worth it to me when I save as much as I do.

Anyone else have any binder method feedback?

Faye :)

8. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link Faye.
    I see that you are having two workshops in Jan. Is the Jan 17 workshop closed? Could I stop by the Clayton Women's club and purchase your book and organizer - to save on the shippling fee?

9. frugalmomoftwo

I am not sure if the Jr. Womens Club workshop is open to those who are not members, but I will be happy to ask. Either way you are welcome to meet me there for a book and binder. If you would like your book and binder before then, I can meet you in Clayton or here in the Cleveland area so you can avoid any shipping costs.

Thanks for your interest and welcome to the wild world of couponing! We're a crazy bunch, but wise (at least regarding grocery shopping) and willing to share info on our great finds so we can all be better advocates for our hard earned money. :D

Faye

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Faye's binders! I bought one, and I love the easy way it keeps my coupons organized!

BTW-Went to Lowe's yesterday, and although I don't have my receipts in front of me, it was something like $99 and some change before, and I paid $56 and some change afterwards. Wooohoooo

11. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

I will second the binder is awesome.

Yesterday at Lowes bought $35 in grocerys and paid $10. And they even rang up my points for me this time. :wink:

12. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

The book looks GREAT Faye! I've only cracked the cover and already learned a handy tip... reusing dryer sheets for dusting. I can't wait to read more (which may be squeezing in a few pages here and there through this busy holiday season).

13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Picked up on another site

Possible 3x Harris Teeter coupons this w/e.

They are doing 3x in the Charlotte area.

Any word if our area is going 3x this weekend?

Boy, I hope so! Send prayers for 3x coupons!

14. JenniferK

FYI- I called the HT in Fuquay and told them I had friends in Charlotte who's HT was doing triple coupons this weekend, and were they doing it too?

He said no. Same as always, double up to .99

15. le

le Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking and posting Jenn! I was gonna call tonight to check too seeing as my first shipment from Coupon Clippers arrived in yesterdays mail. :)

16. JenniferK

Faye, just finished the book.

Well done my friend, well done. And I even detected little hints of humor and sarcasam in those pages, which to me, makes it a more interesting read.

It's still not too late to buy a copy for a great Christmas gift!

17. frugalmomoftwo

Thanks, Jennifer. Coming from a seasoned (not too seasoned, of course :wink: ) journalist, I appreciate your kind words.

Sarcasm...who me?

I am working on a press release this afternoon (a first for me) and am calling the part about rebating "delayed gratification!". My editor came up with that one. Too funny.

Was great to see you ncmom. Start saving those dryer sheets!

Thanks for the triple coupons heads up K! I called a HT in Cary and the lady I spoke with said they had not seen any info on triples and she was pretty positive they were not doing it here - same thing they told you in FV, Jennifer. :( I have no good excuse to be in Charlotte this weekend, so I will just have to daydream about the savings from here.

18. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Sounds like we need to charter a bus and go :) Seniors do it for Bingo ... others to go outet shopping (which we know is not bargain shopping). :D

<I'm kidding of course ... well then again...>

19. frugalmomoftwo

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll drive one way if someone else will drive home! :lol:

I went to Harris Teeter today and, well, it was a beautiful thing...........

Subtotal before coupons: $114.36
    Coupons tendered: $ 93.36
    TOTAL PAID: $21.05 !!

Savings: 81.6% 8)

Here are the good buys I found today:

14 free 8 oz. Kraft shredded cheese bags on sale BOGO with coupons(used 14 coupons purchased on E-bay for 20 cents each)

Red Seedless Grapes on sale for 99 cents a pound (saved $4.08 off of 2 lbs)

Sweet Potatoes on sale for 89 cents/lb

Diet coke 6 pack bottles BOGO

10 2 ltrs of 7-up plus berry flavored (on sale for .69 and used 5 $1.00 off two 2 ltr coupons, Total paid for each: 19 cents. Original price: $1.69))

Eggo Strawberry Swirls on sale for $1.24 and used a $1 coupon

Sara Lee Pound Cake on sale for $1.69 and used a 75 cent coupon that was doubled to $1.50. Total paid for each: 19 cents. Original price: $3.39)

Home Run Inn Frozen Pizzas on sale for $3.85 (reg price $7.59) and used a 65 cent coupon that was doubled so my total for a 28 oz pizza was $2.55

Scotties Tissue Box - Free with coupon from internet contest win

2 lb bag of sugar - Free using Bakers Joy coupon for $1.00 off any sugar when you buy Bakers Joy. I also used a coupon to buy the Bakers Joy spray!

I also bought bananas, meunster cheese from the deli, and nestle choc swirl push up popsicles (yes my littlest one was with me and I caved :oops: )

Anyway, pretty good day at the store for only $21.05! :lol:

Tomorrow I will hit Lowe's Foods for their best deals.

Happy shopping! :lol:
    Faye

20. le

le Well-Known Member

I saved $47.98 on $135 worth of groceries today on my first adventure shopping trip armed with coupons!
    It took me a helluva lot longer in the store but I would say it was well worth it and the $5 I spent to order the coupons!