Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

...disappointed that I've had to make those "fly-by's" this week. No coupons to help there. I did look for sales, and only bought what we'd need until payday, but still...

How do you establish a game plan? Are there certain days you shop, regardless? I'm not getting it together like I should, but have more time now to concentrate, so...I'm listening :)

Froggie

2. froggerplus

Whoohoo!

Got my binder today (TY) and all the coupons are up off the floor!! :) :) It's wonderful to actually be able to see everything.

Didn't get the paper today, but will be couponing online tonite.

Anyone heard about anything going on this week/weekend?

TIA!
    Froggie

3. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Froggie - Enjoy your new organizer! You will love being in control of your coupons!

Regarding a game plan..... I usually plan my weekly grocery shopping on Wednesday or Thursday. I do this because the sale flyers for the stores I shop most (HT and Lowe's come out on Wed). I usually shop at Harris Teeter on Wed and sometimes Sunday if I want to pick up a few more of the loss leaders. I am in Cary on those days so it works out well.

I will also hit Lowe's many weeks for their loss leaders, especially when they run really good deals on eggs, buns, other items on the Fri-Sun only sales with the coupons from the flyers. I head to Kroger and Food Lion only if they have fantastic deals, but usually don't shop at those stores each week. I do hit Walgreens nearly every week for their loss leaders-they have the best deals as far as drug stores go.

So - no set schedule I follow each and every week. It all depends on what's on sale and where. I hit the stores (usually HT, Lowe's and Walgreens) as time allows during the week and I try to make the quick shops for loss leaders while running other errands.

So, I sort of have a schedule, but depending on the sales that week, my schedule is flexible.

Anyone else?

4. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Triple Coupons At Lowes??

I was at Lowes in Clayton last night and the cashier said they were having triple coupons next Monday & Tuesday. She didn't know if it was up to $.99 like last time. I hope she is right.

5. shell77

shell77 Well-Known Member

Re: Triple Coupons At Lowes??

Sweet!

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I never thought I may need a BINDER for my coupons!!! This is getting a little bit re dikcu lus :x :x

FMO2, maybe I'll get myself your lovley coupon binder for XMas? :D
    I'll have my secretary call your secretary :wink:

7. frugalmomoftwo

Re: Triple Coupons At Lowes??

Now you wouldn't tease this group with news like that would you??!! What a Merry Merry After Christmas we will all have!

Thanks for the heads up! :D

8. frugalmomoftwo

Welcome to the dark side. 8) You may need a binder on wheels considering your neck issues. Hope you are feeling better.

Let your secretary know that my secretary is available when you are ready to make the leap to the big girl binder! :lol:

9. harleygirl

Baaaahhhhh!!!! LMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah but after luggin that big honking thing all over the store, I will have a neck injury! :shock: :lol: :lol:

10. frugalmomoftwo

But you will have saved so much money you can buy a chiropracter all your own! :p

11. harleygirl

Maybe I'll buy a massage therapist instead :wink:

12. froggerplus

Ok, couldn't stand it...

I called Lowes in Garner. She confirmed...

Triple coupon days Monday & Tuesday, up to $.99, 20 coupon limit.

Happy shopping 8) .

13. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Glad you posted it and not me, lol.

I called this morning too and got the same answer, but she told me not to tell anyone, so shhhhhhhhhh

14. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I also called just to be sure. I called the Clayton location which is where I was told by a cashier on Monday. The manager wanted my name! I said I was just a customer trying to verify something THEIR cashier told me. He said it was true but really didn't want it "out" yet. I don't really understand that because we would have found out anyway. Now we can just be prepared ahead of time!

15. harleygirl

I only told 1 person! Getting my coupons printed and together as we type :? :D

16. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

BJs deals -

Today at BJs they had 3 lbs of bananas for $.25 (usually $.99).

They are also offering a kids meal at the snack bar for a "limited time".
    hot dog/ 1 oz bags of chips/8 oz Deer Park water for $.99
    Great deal to feed the kids on the run during holiday shopping. You do not have to show a membership card to make a snack bar purchase.

Skim milk was $2.72 a gallon.

17. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Hey...do any of you go through the line with your 20 items and then pay use coupons..go put it in the car and then go shopping for 20 more items pay use coupons...put in the car...and repeat again? I never have, but would like to do this so I can use the 60 coupons I have to get tripled! Also, since I'm new to this and usually don't buy in bulk...will lunch meats like deli select taste good if you freeze them and then thaw them out when you are ready to eat them? I'm so glad I bought a ton of coupons for the products we use from coupon clippers last week...yippie! Any advice on this stuff is greatly appreciated!

18. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Oh, Harley...I found $1.00 off South Beach Diet Pizza coupons at southbeachdiet.com/kraft

19. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

SB,

I have done the"go through the line twice" thing. Just make sure you dont get perishables the first go round. :lol:

20. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Yes! and I've never had anyone at Lowes question it. As long as the ad says 20 coupons per trip or visit, they shouldn't. Harris Teeter is a different story because their ad usually says 20 coupons per day.