Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Cool...Thanks ncmom and ljk....I'm gonna do that then..at least twice on Monday and then once on Tuesday.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thank you sweetie, I got some. :wink:

Everybody, I need a coupon or 10 for Land O Lakes Fat Free Creamer for my coffee. Anybody got one or 10 I can trade you :mrgreen: Call me :D

3. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

SB, Here is a link to food storage guidelines for all those great deals we are going to overstock. The guide indicates that an unopened package of lunch meats can be frozen for 1-2 months.

http://www.foodsafety.gov/~fsg/f01chart.html

I, too, go through the line multiple times. Often I will ask the cashier if they care and they always say that it's not a problem. The HT in Fuquay is the only store around that does not allow multiple trips per day and enforces that rule.

Have fun!

4. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Didn't tell me not to tell anyone... :twisted:

<tip-toeing to get my binder...more coupons came in>

5. froggerplus

Harley~

Where do you print from? I have printed from two sites posted here, but it seems you're having a better time finding coupons you would use.

Thanks!
    Froggie

6. froggerplus

Crud. I order on Tuesday, when I'm in need of more coupons, and I don't *think* I got that one. I'll have to go back and check. I remember tossing it back and forth because of the expiration date....let ya know if I have them...

Froggie

7. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hey FMO2-Here's a question for you.

I have several coupons for Trident, BOGO up to .99. So they are eligible to be tripled. How does that work, I buy one, get three free?

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Damn, I already used my Trident coupons.

9. froggerplus

How much is Trident regularly?

Does that mean buy one, get one free, use the coupon and get the first free? So, you could use them all and spend pennies for your Trident? Is that how it works?

Good q, Jen!!

Froggie

10. frugalmomoftwo

Sorry to burst your bubble ( :lol: :p ), but they don't triple BOGO coupons. Even though it says up to 99cents, that only means that the free one can cost up to 99 cents. You still have to pay to the first one. Now, with that said, coupons have been known to do funny things. There is the REMOTE possibility that when it is scanned, the register might triple the values of the free one. You may want to ring one and see how the register handles it. You just never know.

Jennifer, Thank you for the great article in the Cleveland Post about the book. Loved the front page picture of the book cover! :D

11. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

When I had BOGO free coupons for Advantedge energy bars and the bars were BOGO free at Kroger, I ended up getting both for free. So you never know until you try. I paid 17 cents 8 bars.

Jen, try it and let us know.

12. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Faye, don't mention it. I wish it had been front page.

I'll try the Trident coupon Monday and report back, lol

13. n8zjb

n8zjb Member

Everybody, I need a coupon or 10 for Land O Lakes Fat Free Creamer for my coffee. Anybody got one or 10 I can trade you :mrgreen: Call me :D[/quote]

www.valpak.com has coupons for International Delight creamers.

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks I didn't know ValPak had crocery coupons on their website. I am brand specific when it comes to everything! I am trying to change, maybe in the new year I will give up some of my "name brands" for the store brand :?

15. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Food Lion :(

Ran into Food Lion last night to grab a few sale/BOGO items. In the past I've been able to buy a BOGO item at half price rather than buying 2. This can be a good deal with a coupon. Last night they were charging me full price and said I would get the 2nd free. I wonder if it is just that store of if Food Lion has changed it's policy.

Needless to say I did not get the items as I did not need/want 2. I found the same items at Wal-Mart for the same or cheaper price than the 1/2 price I would have paid at Food Lion.

For example - cake mix BOGO at Food Lion ... reg. price was $1.49. Wal-Mart prices for cake mix were $.74-$.80 a box for name brand.

Mrs. Smith's pies BOGO - Food Lion reg. price is $4.99 per pie. Wal-Mart sells the 2/$5. (I had a $1 off coupon for buying one).

Bacon was not on sale. The brand I was looking for was over $1.50 more at Food Lion.

So -- it looks like Food Lion may not be worth going to even for their BOGO "deals".

I did get butt ham for $1.09 lb (shank is $.99 lb). Which I thought was a pretty good deal since I can also use it for lunch meet which usually runs arounf $2.50+ per lb on sale. (unless I have a coupon for packaged lunch meat).

16. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there's a minimum purchase price at Lowe's for the triple-coupons? And if so, is that amount before or after coupons?

17. frugalmomoftwo

The minimum required before Lowe's will double or triple is $35 no tincluding taxes. The $35 is BEFORE coupons are scanned. :)

18. n8zjb

n8zjb Member

Faye, Thanks a million for your wonderful book! I cant wait for my Aunt to open hers as well. Couple questions...how often do the grocery stores change out their smart source blinking coupon holders? And, how do you get meat coupons? I am literally just starting my coupon collection...I dont even get the newspaper (is it worth the money to get the paper?). I figure it is, since they have sale ads as well. Is the best source for coupons TCC? Thanks again, you did an awesome job on the book! Thank you for sharing! Julie

19. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I'd sure like to know if this is a changed policy. I avoid large volumes and so try to buy 1 of a BOGO item.

Frugalmomoftwo - Thanks for your book and binder and the coupons!! :D Now I'm prepared for Lowe's triple coupons on Mon/Tues.

20. frugalmomoftwo

Thanks for the gerat feedback, Julie! I am so glad you are enjoying the book. Can't wait to hear about your savings from Lowes!

Regarding meat coupons, there aren't many, so you need to really search. I find some on E-bay (type meat coupon or beef coupon in the main e-bay search box). Read the fine print to make sure they are good in NC. Some are good in only selected states.

You can occassionally find meat rebates in the meat dept and sometimes on beer or wine displays. Most will say that No Wine Purchase is required in NC to qualify for the rebate.

I recommend Harris Teeter markdown meats. They are still very high quality and freeze beautifully. I also consistently buy Harris Teeter buy one get one free meats. The quality is better than many of the other grocery stores on most items and when it is BOGO, you can't beat the prices (especially if you have a coupon or rebate to go with it).

YES, it is worth it to get the newspaper! Now, if you can get it for free from a neighbor who doesn't clip any coupons, even better! 8) Or you can offer to pay the neighbor 50 cents per week for her coupon inserts (if they don't cut out any, of course). I subscribe to the Sunday papaer and also get coupon inserts from many neighbors. But, I also order consistently from TCC (coupon Clippers) and E-bay. Just won an auction for coupons worth 75 cents off any Kraft shredded cheese. They can be doubled and Kraft cheese is BOGO this week at Lowe's. Soooooooooooooo, Monday and Tuesday the coupons will be tripled and I will get 15 FREE Kraft shredded cheeses! :lol:

TCC is the most comprehensive, well-stocked site. I have ordered from them for years and years.

I can't find any info online about when Smart Source changes the coupons in the blinkies. I have seen some coupons remain in the same blinkie for more than 2 months.

Animal Lover - Thank you, as well! :D Good luck Monday and let me know about your savings!

Jennifer, thanks for the coupons. :D My little one can't wait to help cut them out! :lol: