Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

I've come to the conclusion that I need to learn this couponing thing. Don't have time to read back through the thread much, but if someone is planning on giving a "how to" pow wow....I'd love to participate!

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I sound like a commercial.... but Magnolia, have you read the Faye's book?

There are lots of helpful tips in there. She tells you ways to double dip, when I thought I was being savvy single dipping!! (Although, I still want to attend a workshop for any more secret tips she may not have shared in the book.) :wink:

3. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Ok, Here are my totals for the triple coupons at Lowes. Not that great, but I bought some expensive items since I was saving $1.50 on them.

Total before coupons: $255.50
    Total after: $168.56
    Savings: $86.94 or 34%

I can say my freezer is packed with the type of frozen veggies we eat and the kiddo's waffles and toaster strudels...so I probably won't have to buy any of these items for 3-4 months! This was the first time I had actually done this and really stocked up on items and it was actually fun to see my savings...and addictive!

Faye, I want to attend your workshop..I bought your book and now can't find it..so I still haven't read it!

4. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Just wanted to let you all know that Lowes in Garner (don't know about the other ones) will be doubling coupons this week. Must spend $35 or more before taxes and you can only use coupons .60 or less.

I've read Faye's book and have just ordered my first coupons. I also went to CVS for after Christmas sales. Spent $35.55 and saved $196. I was thrilled.

Thanks to all of you for the heads up on everything!!

Bren

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I want the book! Can someone post the link?

6. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

7. shell77

shell77 Well-Known Member

Hey Bren, I saw the doubling note in the circular too, but unless they have changed their policy this year or something, they double up to $0.60 everyday with $35.00 purchase (before coupons). Maybe they're just trying to remind us all?

8. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Wow Shell!! Shows how much of a newbie I am doesn't it? :oops:

Thanks for letting me know though. See, I can only go up from here. :D

Bren

9. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

ljk, I'll be sure to give you a call when I tape the first commercial! And about those super secret tips...........There is very helpful information I offer in the classes that inolves the specific stores in this area. Since the book was written for a larger audience, I didn't address specific store policies, but we do that in the class, so I guess there is more to learn!

Bren, so glad you read the book. Thank you for the reminder on Lowe's. Shell is right that Lowe's doubles every day of the week.

Southern, really good job on your savings!

Magnolia, I will let you know when the next class will be. I am working on a date and time. From the PM's and posts I received, it looks like a weekday evening is best for most.

Michelle, thanks for your interest in the book - you can order it just where Bren sent you (thanks Bren!): www.smartspendingresources.com

FYI on Target Clearance - they are STILL at 75% off Christmas clearance. By the time they go to 90% off this year, they will probably only have wrap and cards left!

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Those Target people are weird.

Hubby and I went in there on Monday, and I asked one of the guys if they'd gone 90% yet, and he said no, so I said "Do you know when you will?" and he said "I'm sorry ma'am, I can't release that information"

Like it was a guarded national secret or something, lol.

11. le

le Well-Known Member

Lol Jenn - good for you for asking!
    I went to the White Oak store yesterday and there were slim pickin's on things I was after and four horribly behaved children with an even worse parent figure. As if the thrown on a shelf clearance section was not bad enough! I did get some old-fashiony lights for about a buck though then got the you know what outta that aisle!

12. frugalmomoftwo

Target still at 75% today.

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I was in there tonight after work and the lady told me that it would go 90% in the next day or two. Still a decent selection left.

14. frugalmomoftwo

I called this morning (Friday) and they did go to 90% off this morning. I'll head down there in a bit to pick up some cards/wrap.

15. shell77

shell77 Well-Known Member

I was at the PetsMart at White Oak this morning, and they have a good selection of seasonal toys and such at 75% off, if anyone's interested. I always like to stock up on some toys for my 3 dogs after Christmas. As best I can tell the Christmas ones are just as much fun to play with in June as they are in December :)

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hey coupon queens :lol: (I crack myself up sometimes :lol: :lol: )

I have a plie of unclipped coupons I got yesterday from my mommy. I have already gone thru them and who ever wants them let me know.

17. frugalmomoftwo

Harley, I sent you a PM about the coupons.

Target White Oak had some cute wrap and some cards left. Not much else.

Bought a serving plate, ornaments, 9 boxes of cards, 6 rolls of wrap (most of which can be used for gifts anytime of year), a neat display of sparkly wood letters that spell HOPE, and a few other little items. Spent $9.70 for $90 in stuff. :)

Thanks for the heads up on Petsmart, Shell.

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hey FMO2 got your PM, will call you later on. I have an appt at 4042 around 1:30-2:00.

19. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

So, how much luck do you all have with using multiple coupons for the same item at Harris Teeter? I bought a bunch of 75 cent coupons for Campbell's Chunky and Chunky Chili soup off eBay. Since they often go on sale for $1.50 each, that's free!

The HT in Fuquay told me they only allow 2 of the same item. North Hills said they technically only allow 1, but as long as you're not getting a bunch, they won't worry about it. What luck have you had at other stores?

It's hard to "stockpile" when you can only get 1 or 2.

20. le

le Well-Known Member

The 75% off at Petsmart was well worth it yesterday! I bought every toy under $4 that I could find...came home with a bag of 30+ toys, all for one dollar or less! Better hurry though, pickin's are slimmin' way down!
    Thanks for the original post for the Petsmart sale!!!