Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

jtm, I normally don't go to HT, but when I did before Thanksgiving, the cashier let me use as many as I wanted to. It's really not convenient for me to go to HT when I'm normally in the Garner area.

Hey FMO2, I have some MFR's coupons I cut out of the Eckerd paper and CVS paper today, can I still use my other coupons from the Sunday paper in conjunction with the MFR's coupons???

Also, I need one coupon! Look in your Sunday paper and get the $1.00/any Finesse Product for me and I'll give you the rest of my Sunday coupons along with the Eckers, CVS and Walgreens flyers :wink:

Thank you!

Harleygirl :wink:

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

hey HG... I've printed out a couple of South Beach pizza coupons that I've come across for you... interested? I'll either see you Wednesday night, or send them with Craig.

3. harleygirl

Cool girl, thank you so much!! I hope you are well enough to come out, if not there will be plenty of us to keep Craig in line for ya :lol: :lol:

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

And if I can get him to bring me home a N & O, where would the Finesse coupon be? Is it in one of the coupon inserts? If I can find it, you can have that too.

5. harleygirl

In the coupon inserts.

6. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

HG, I have your Finesse coupon and some South Beach ones too. Don't you buy Healthy Choice too? i have a bunch of those if you want them.
    I would like the Jif and Smuckers coupons if you have them.
    How about we exchange on Wed.?

7. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

The best HT's to go to are in Cary. The one on Kildaire lets me double as many multiples as I please up to the 20 limit. I have had no trouble at the HT at Crossroads in Cary either. I don't go to the Fuquay HT anymore because their policies are more strict than the Cary HT's.

Harley,
    You can use a STORE coupon (it has "Eckerds coupon" or "Walgreens coupon" or "Store coupon" on it instead of "manufacturer's coupon") in conjunction with a manufacturer's coupon for the same product. You can NOT use a Manufacturer's coupon from the Sunday paper with a coupon that states "manufacturer's coupon" from a drugstore flyer.

Do you need any more Finesse coupons? I will save the Finesse coupons I get this week for you.

Faye

8. harleygirl

Heck yeah, get em from you Wednesay night :wink:
    I've got some Jif and Smuckers for ya.

9. harleygirl

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

HG... you've probably already seen it, but Lowes Foods has got your South Beach Diet stuff on sale thru Tuesday. They had the frozen entrees and pizza's @ 2/$5.

11. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

Going shopping...cross your fingers...got my calculator ready 8) .

Frogger

12. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Does anyone need any Iams cat food (dry) coupons? I have a few extra for $5.00 off a bag that are good until the end of the month.

I need a coupon of flex-a-min coupons. There wasn't one this week but maybe a week or two ago I think I saw one.

13. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

pkc~

I got plenty of Osteo-biflex, will that help?

Back from HT:

Before card & coupons: $172.53
    After coupons/VIC card: $112.64
    After meat/chicken rebates: $108.64

No too shabby with only a few coupons to double. They doubled by $.75 coupons too :).

There was a sale on SeaPak Shrimp...normally $6.99, w/ VIC $4.99...I had a $2 store coupon so it was $2.99!

Frogger

14. n8zjb

n8zjb Member

Is anyone still interested in trading their unwanted coupons?
    I just recieved a LOAD of coupons from family, and I have no use for alot of them. I made the mistake of ordering off of TCC before I got the coupons from family and now I have more than I can use.
    I have taken the time to clip all of the coupons, even the ones i dont want.

15. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

My sister just sent me a ton (I haven't gotten them yet) plus I have 2-3 weeks of newspaper inserts that I have gone through... we should set up a place for several people to meet and swap.

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Sounds good, but let's play poker for them and make it real interesting!

17. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Or at least "Go Fish" :lol:

18. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

As frumpy as I am feeling today, Old Maid would probably be most appropriate!

I have a question for all of you - I am thinking about getting a booth at the Strawberry Festival here in town this year to sell the coupon organizers and the book and give out info about the workshops. Do you think it is worth the expense and time? I have attended the festival the last many years and we always enjoyed ourselves but I have never considered it as a vendor before. If any of you have any feedback as previous vendors or any thoughts about whether I should do it, I'd love to hear what you think.

If you have any suggestions about creative things I can do to attract interest to the booth (if I do it) I would love to hear them as well. I'll definitely have pens and candy to offer. Not sure about other freebies yet. Open to suggestions. I've thought about drawings for the book and organizer and a drawing for a nice basket filled with groceries and bath and beauty items.

What else attracts people like us??!! 8) :lol:

Great job on your shopping trip, Frogger! :)

19. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I would think you would need some interesting give aways... (the free water got our attention!)

Also, have the workshop info on something that they can take with them, otherwise they may forget your name etc...

Could you put your info on the give away? Like a small calendar or something inexpensive to give away? Pens always get lost in the shuffle over here. If it is something they will use instead of a piece of paper that will probably get left in the car.... ya know?

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Big words like CHEAP and FREE plastered across the front of your booth :lol:

Actually the company i used to work for always had a booth and since ours was a big maket item (pools), we didn't really sell much at the Festival but the exposure gave us a lot of sales after the event. i think it is a great idea and a great way to market your business and get your name and book out there, especially if you got the big mouths of all of us 4042ers behind you. Good Luck Faye.