Couponing

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mamax3, Jun 23, 2005.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Yes, I have gotten your e-mails and they have been much appreciated. Sorry I've not replied.

I bought my 5-day cooler at WalMart. I cannot remember if I've seen them at Target, too. It might be a seasonal item but worth checking. I'll be going to the Smithfield WalMart this afternoon and can check to see if they have any in stock.

2. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

ncmom, I figure you all are very busy. Just keep me posted if I can do anything. Thanks for looking for the cooler.

Faye, Thanks for all the traveling food tips. Plan is to leave the 25th.

HG, I will bring your coupons tonight.

3. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the coupons HG! Good to see you again. :)

4. n8zjb

n8zjb Member

Faye,
    Have you considered giving away calculators, with your name, etc?
    Might be able to find cheap ones and put your own labels on them. Or get them done. My realtor did that for Christmas. Then, they could use them in their binders.
    Julie

5. frugalmomoftwo

Julie, I have looked into promotional calculators with a number of vendors and they are just too pricey at this point. I love the idea, but just not cost effective right now. If you happen to speak with your realtor, I would be interested in knowing where she/he purchased the calculators and the cost per unit. Thanks for your suggestion! :)

Heads up on the Carolyn's Hallmark closing in Garner. I was there today and they have all the fixtures in the store on sale. I picked up a couple at great prices to use as displays at workshops and festivals.

Feb 15 will be the last day the store will be open. Here is the clearance schedule:

Until Jan 17 - Everything 20% off
    1/18 - 1/29 - 30% off
    1/30 - 2/7 - 40% off
    2/8 - 2/15 - 50% off

All sales final. Cash or credit only. No coupons accepted.

They still have alot of stock including cards, college logo items, wedding stuff, wrap, and books. After 2/15, they may be selling the remaining stock to another Hallmark or card store since they are not going lower than 50% off. The small amount of Christmas stuff thay have left is at 50%. None of the Valentines is marked down right now.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hey FMO2, thanks for the coupons! :D

7. harleygirl

I just got a packet of coupons for BJ's anyone interested?

8. harleygirl

^^^ Guess not :?

Anyway I think I just hit the mother load of savings!!!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself <no jokes ya'll>

Kroger
    Saved $88.88 and spent $101.43 total OMG!!!!!
    56 items / total = $1.81 per item WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Heads up, go when they are busy, they don't care how many of the same coupons you use :wink: :lol: :lol:

9. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

I monitored my "grocery" spending from July to late October when I started following the tips in the Coupons forum. I really didn't want to expend the effort on something as boring as groceries. BUT!!! I just compared my July-late Oct period to my late Oct-early Jan period.

The result! I reduced my average weekly grocery bill from $100.80 to $59.40, with average monthly bill cut from $403.20 to $237.60. A 41% savings! YAAAAAYYYYY!!! :D

10. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Triple Coupons

Triple coupons at Lowes today, tomorrow & Tuesday! I just read it in the N & O!

11. Animal lover

I wish they would give a week's notice. Or at least a few days notice.

12. mamax3

mamax3 Well-Known Member

HAHA! I just went to Lowes didn't know about that... I was really surprised I did so good. Checked my reciept and sure enough they tripled.

13. frugalmomoftwo

Whoooo Hooooo! I will be venturing to Lowe's this evening after the little ones go to dreamland! They are open to midnight, for all you night owls.

Thanks for the heads up, PKC!! :D I have not even looked at the paper today.

14. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

See everyone at LOWES tonight!!!

DH & I will be there with 2 carts!

Wooo Hooo 3X coupons! Yipeeee!

15. shell77

shell77 Well-Known Member

I can't believe they're doing another triple so soon. This is great ! I haven't run out of a lot of the stuff I bought last time, but I was able to squeeze a little more in the cabinets. We always find room don't we :) I just got back, spent about $27, saved over $40, I could have done better had we not needed Tagamet, potatoes and apples, it would have only been about $12. It wasn't an organized trip either, just running out the door, coupon binder in hand. I'll probably go back once I go through my coupons better and see what good deals I can still cash in on.

16. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

DH & I just got back from the Lowe's in Clayton. I did not see one 3X sign anywhere??!?!? I called before the trip over & asked again at the service desk to be 200% sure they were 3x.

Overall the store was not picked-over at all -yet-.

Great Deals! Thanks for the heads up about 3x.

Shocked they went 3x again so soon.

Need to check my savings & post a brag! :lol:

17. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Oh boy did I find some good deals today. Be sure they triple. One cashier had been working since 3:00 and I was the first customer (at around 7:00) who asked. She did not know. Another cashier told me she had been working since 8 AM and did not know until 6pm that they should be tripling. The cashier has to put in a code after the order totals for it then to triple your coupons.

Several freebies! I might try to post a list later. Some good deals include:

Byers ice cream ...BOGO + $.75 coupon tripled = $0.37 (I had three coupons and wish I had more).
    Quilted Northern Ultra double roll 12 pk ... reg. $7.99 - on sale and w/ coupon I paid $3.25
    Colgate toothpaste ... I paid $0.25 a tube. I missed the coupon in the Lowes flyer and could have gotten these for free
    Aquafresh kids toothpaste - FREE
    Boca lasagna - $0.25 (cheap lunch for hubby ... now I know why Faye ordered 30 of those coupons)
    Campbells soups ... i.e Dora the Explora ... I think $0.20 a can
    Prego organic ... $0.50 jar
    Yogurt 4pk ... $0.50
    Hunts pudding 4pk ... $0.40 (would have been $0.29 if I had caught the store coupon in the flyer)
    Colgate toothbrush FREE
    Suave hairspray $0.19
    Quaker instant Oatmeal - box reg. like $2.85 ... I paid $0.50
    Sara leaf loaf bread ... paid about $0.10
    V-8 diet blends - $.50 a bottle
    Jif peanut butter - $0.34

Oh just to many to mention :)

Trip #1
    Bill total before coupons $61.60
    paid $18.35

Trip #2
    Bill total before coupons $87.93
    Paid $29.50

Trip #3
    Bill total before coupons $47.54
    Paid $12.26

Trip #4
    Bill total before coupons $61.38
    Paid $22.19

Trip #5
    Bill total before coupons $51.44
    Paid $5.58 :)
    ==========================

GRAND TOTAL
    Bill totals before coupons $309.89

I paid $87.88

18. Animal lover

I saw no triple coupon notice on the Lowe's foods website flyer. Surprised this is not advertised.

Is there a limit on the number of coupons? and the value of coupons? as Lowe's has done in the past?

19. frugalmomoftwo

Great job, ncmom and shell! And Animal Lover, wonderful savings on the last few months!

I was amazed at how much stock was still at the Clayton store when I was there tonight. They were restocking everything while I was shopping so there will be plenty to choose from tomorrow.

Animal Lover, the announcement about triples was in today's N & O on the back page of one of the regular news sections. There was not a special Lowe's flyer with the info. I didn't read the paper this morning and missed it as well. Thank goodness we have this group to keep us all in the know!!

The policy is the same as last time. They will triple up to 20 coupons with a face value of 99 cents or less. So 75 cent coupons are worth $2.25 and 50 cent coupons are worth $1.50........ You can use as many $1.00 or more coupons as you would like. They do not count towards your 20 that get tripled. They will only triple your coupons if you have at least a $35 purchase before taxes and coupons.

Here are my totals for today:

Subtotal before coupons/sales: $295.48

Total paid: $42.35

Savings: 86%

Deals to watch for in addition to those posted by ncmom:

Del Monte Tomatoes in the glass jar reg $1.79 - $1.50 (50 cent coupon tripled) = .29 cents
    Del Monte peaches in the plastic jar (16 ounces) Sale $2.00 - $1.50 50 cent coupon tripled) = .50 cents
    Bakers Joy Spray Reg $2.35 - $2.25 (tripled 75 cent coupon from a few weeks ago-I still had some that I ordered from TCC) = .10 cents
    Kikkoman Soy Sauce Reg $1.85 - $1.65 (55 cent coupon tripled) = .20 cents
    Kelloggs Special K Cereal Sale price using coupon from Lowe's flyer $1.99 - $2.10 (70 cent tripled coupon) = free
    Boca chicken, burgers, sausage...... Sale price $2.50 - $2.25 (75 cent coupon tripled - yes, this is why I ordered 30 of these coupons. We are! in good shape for a while)
    They have rolls of hello kitty and strawberry shortcake wrap clearanced to 25 cents.
    Hellmans Mayo Sale price $2.50 - $1.80 (60 cent coupon tripled) = .70 cents
    Wishbone salad dressing Sale price $2.00 - $1.80 (60 tripled coupon) = .20 cents
    Super pretzels Sale price $1.50 - $2.25 (75 cent coupon tripled) = free
    Daisy sour cream Sale price 1.59 - 1.35 (.45 cent coupons from E-bay auction win) = .24 cents
    Yoplait yogurt containers Sale price 50 cents each - .25 cents (using 50 cents off 6 coupon) = 25 cents each
    Reach dental floss Reg $1.39 - $1.50 (50 cent coupon tripled) = free

I, too, bought the Breyers (yum!), Colgate toothbrushes and toothpastes, Prego, & Jiff.

FYI - the register will only double/triple up to 4 of an identical coupon. The night manager said he thought it would double and triple more then 4 of an identical coupon, but it did not. He did enter the savings manually, but it took forever for him to decide what to do.

Happy Shopping! :)

Faye

20. harleygirl

Before you guys go, I have 2 weeks worth of coupons, any takers??